Anyone use Sharkscope?

Venom246

Venom246

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
About the sharkscope HUD: I paid for it,and i used it about 2 days..I think the HUD is very anoying,and it really doesnt tell me more then i allready notice on the table..Also its a lot of mess for me, with the stats on the wrong places (wrong players) And sometimes it even covers the cards lol. Maybe i have done something wrong..

facaletezz

facaletezz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i am using sharkscope to see ppl stats , but they are right ?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Im sure the stats are right, i never heard of anything else.

They don't track mtts back too far as this was an addition for them (but I'm not sure when it took place).

L

Lofwyr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
waitwaitwait...it's technically a breach of the FT/PS TOS to run a free player search while the poker client is open? Isn't is regarded as fairly common practice to OPR the people you see at a final table? I could swear I heard some coaches in MTT videos say they had done just that...

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
waitwaitwait...it's technically a breach of the FT/PS TOS to run a free player search while the poker client is open? Isn't is regarded as fairly common practice to OPR the people you see at a final table? I could swear I heard some coaches in MTT videos say they had done just that...
Yes, it's technically a breach according to their terms, and pretty much always has been since they started prohibiting specific software. However it's not enforced at the moment, from what both have claimed. Honestly I think they have much less problem with results tracking sites like SS & OPR than with sites like PTR that track all hands and sell HHs.

Stars TOS even still prohibits use of PTR *any any time* (not just while playing), yet they have said they won't enforce it. An FT rep just said recently that they will not monitor the sites you are browsing, they will only look for illegal software you have installed and/or running.

Here are the relevant excerpts from their respective prohibited software pages.

Full Tilt Prohibited Software states:

The following classes of programs are not permitted while playing on Full Tilt Poker:
2. Programs or services that provide additional information on opponents that a player would not normally be privy to:

Certain programs, websites, and subscription services provide extra information on opponents which may not be used during play. For example, the use of shared databases of tournament histories, results, and statistics are not permitted. Specific examples include:
  • SharkScope
  • Top Shark
  • Smart Buddy
  • Poker Table Ratings
PokerStars Prohibited Software states:

Some examples of tools and services which are prohibited only while PokerStars is running are:
  1. Holdem Advantage
  2. Holdem Radar
  3. ICM Poker
  4. Insight Poker Hound*
  5. Limit Hold’em Pre-flop Hand Advisor by Intellipoker
  6. Poker Player Database
  7. PokerAnalytics
  8. Pokerazor
  9. Pokerbility
  10. PokerKant
  11. PokerStrategy ICM Trainer
  12. PokerZion No-limit Advisor
  13. SAGE Decision Calculator
  14. SharkScope (including SharkScope HUD)
  15. Short Stacking Strategy Calculator
  16. Sit n'Go End Game Tools
  17. SitnGo Wizard (v1.0.1.162 and older)**
  18. SNG Power Tools
  19. Spade ICM
  20. StoxEV
  21. STT Analyzer by PokerSoftware Tools

Last edited:
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Yes the majority of regs. (MTT) will run stats. on players (at least most of the ones I've ever spoken with or watched vids. of).

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't read any of this thread. But my thoughts on SS are.

It's a good thing for the poker community, especially SNG players to have everybody using tools like sharkscope.

The main reason for use should be to see who the better regs are, marking those regs and table selecting away from them.

It's a win/win for everyone, as the regs are happier, because there are less regs per game, and the fish are happier too, as they can enjoy the games without it being reg infested as well.

I have some automated scripts setup so that i can use my 500 searches per day. Within a few short weeks, i should have thousands of players marked for table selection purposes.

You do have to be wary of using it in game though. It's generally not worth it to open it up whilst playing, however i still do it from time to time :).

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How could they enforce this. Most people have another computer they can use to check this and most people also have smartphones that can be used to surf these sites. Seems silly that they would even consider banning this type of player search.

Can you imagine not a football team not being allowed to review past play of their opponents. Does this make sense to anyone?

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How could they enforce this. Most people have another computer they can use to check this and most people also have smartphones that can be used to surf these sites.
They obviously could not enforce browsing on another PC/device even if they wanted to. But to suggest that "most" people have other devices at hand to do this is, I believe, incorrect. 20% of the people have like 80% of the technology. ;) I know LOTS of people, including poker players, with only one basic PC in the house and no other web-enabled devices.

Monitoring what you browse on the *same* PC as the poker client is easily done, outside of an elaborate VM-type setup. However IIRC the reason both Stars and Tilt stopped enforcing what you browse was due to some countries with rather strict privacy laws blowing up about it. I imagine the poker sites weighed the risks of "game integrity" with getting themselves banned or prosecuted in some pretty significant segments of their non-US market. So yeah, I think they sold out on that.

Seems silly that they would even consider banning this type of player search.

Can you imagine not a football team not being allowed to review past play of their opponents. Does this make sense to anyone?
That's the part that's really up for debate, and there are pro's and con's on both sides.

IMO, it's pretty nebulous to compare poker with football. Poker is primarily a mental game that hinges on information, while football is primarily a game of athletic skill. Skill aside, having the right information in poker can seriously affect your edge against an opponent. While information is certainly helpful in football, it generally isn't as significant as in poker.

And even in football, there is information that isn't shared (playbooks and signals, for instance), and acquiring that info illicitly will generate as much, if not more, controversy and ire than it does in poker. Two words for you: Belichick and SpyGate. ;)

By your argument then, I would presume you think HHs should be openly available for sale and distribution? It's just obtaining and reviewing past play on your opponents, right? ;)