Anyone been using DTO poker training App?

W

wizz99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing a lot of poker in the last 12 months and wish I was a bit better at the game. I am always on the look out for tips and ways to improve my game.

I recently downloaded an App on my phone called DTO Poker (https://www.dto.poker)
I've been using it for a few weeks now and think that it teach me quite a bit as it correct you make a play that is not along the line of GTO play.

The main thing I dislike about the app is that it doesn't seem to explain why the play was wrong. A lot of GTO decisions are based on your range and your opponents range. I've had a few spots when it's told me that I've made an incorrect play but even after looking at it for a while it's not that obvious. Also when you have multiple bet size amounts it can be tough to choose the correct one some times.

Feel free to try it and give me your thoughts please :)

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recently downloaded an app on my phone called DTO Poker (https://www.dto.poker) I've been using it for a few weeks now and think that it teach me quite a bit as it correct you make a play that is not along the line of GTO play.
I have used DTO Poker to train and learn. I only used the FREE version so it has limits. Are you using the paid version?

W

wizz99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I'm only using the free version. As I said I am a little put off buying it due to the fact that it doesn't give a description to why a play is bad if you get it wrong. I think it's actively being developed so will keep an eye on future developments we a view to purchasing in the future.

tazer

tazer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I'm only using the free version. As I said I am a little put off buying it due to the fact that it doesn't give a description to why a play is bad if you get it wrong. I think it's actively being developed so will keep an eye on future developments we a view to purchasing in the future.

I occasionally use the free version as well when I am sitting and waiting on something and have a few minutes. From talking to a few people who use it quite regularly. It is really for more advanced strategies than learning to play better. There are lots of lines in there that you should bluff based on range and call down opponents based on range. It is very good, but if you are looking to learn the basics of things it really will be more in depth.

R

rmcmullen2003

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It looks pretty interesting. Are you still using it and if so what do you think now after you have had some time to evaluate it more?

W

wizz99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't used it for a while but think I will try it again soon. I think there developing it all the time so I'll see if there are any updates.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What does it train you on? GTO?

I already have a tool that trains on GTO and its much cheaper. It's called postflop+ its on google play and apple store. They have one called preflop+ it will train you on nash equilibrium push fold charts. They run on my phone and I train whenever I have to wait somewhere.

R

robshere2008

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have put 1980 hands through the paid version and believe me after a while you gain an intuition that guides your mind towards taking the correct line, you feel more confident when you click that you are making a correct move. It trains you on the best spots to cbet and correct sizings also, its good for correcting you for taking incorrect leads out of position which was a problem in my game.

R

Ryudo9999

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes

I have no idea why it wants me to bet or fold losing and winning hands doesnt make sense to me tbh but no ones been able to explain gto to me except for saying use a solver... That doesnt teach me much tbh

P

PJB123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I struggle with this type of training because when using these Apps you have to change your thinking from ‘this is how I would play this’ to ‘this is what GTO would say to do’. Those things often differ given the correct answer in most spots is ‘it depends’.

P

pokernomad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What does it train you on? GTO?

I already have a tool that trains on GTO and its much cheaper. It's called postflop+ its on google play and apple store. They have one called preflop+ it will train you on nash equilibrium push fold charts. They run on my phone and I train whenever I have to wait somewhere.
Hi Perrypip,

I see you are using postflop+ and preflop+- I was wondering what your experience of using them were - I was thinking about buying the membership, but it's hard to find any good reviews of the site (unlike say GTOWizard)