Advantage/Disadvantage with trackers

F

FunkNShine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I assume this puts me at a disadvantage, but I have absolute Zero interest in using a tracker. Is that weird? I understand how helpful it can be in detectin your own leaks, let alone opponents you've gained Intel on, but I just don't want to take online poker to that point I guess? I play a ton, I feel like I'm improving as I'm writing down and remembering mistakes, plus taking notes on people.

If my play and style is constantly changing, but my current style changes day to day pending the game and attitude, am I really such an easy target?

I also have an assumption that if ones style is constantly evolving, then previously collected data on me could actually mislead an opponent.....Atleast that's one way I try to justify it.

Just untreated in similar opinions on the matter.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, not weird, I feel the same; no interest in hud/tracker.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Saying you want less information is kinda like saying you want less money.

A

AG04CAS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play two sites one where tracker allowed other not.....my results are better on the none hud sites......however i play lower stakes without a hud .... they are essential 25/50c n above....start to meet the guys earning a living at these levels and huds identify the edge leaks you need to be a winner...hope this helps a little

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
First of all nobody says is mandatory a HUD in order to play online poker. I don't think that HUD is super useful for freerolls and micro stakes. But to be honest it would be a good tool for higher stakes.

Poker is a game of incomplete information and nothing bad about some more information! You can see higher stakes professionals like Lex Velhuis who is a winning regular without the use of tracking programs!So at least we know that it is doable :)

Last but not least it is up to the individual player if he relies too much on those fancy numbers or he uses it in the proper way. If you keep getting better and better and your game is balances I don't think that you have something to fear. But don't forget that some tracker modes are very handy , like the replayer in order to review a session or some marginal spots you have doubts about!

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Will get getting a hud/tracker when possible, have never had or used one before so interested to see if it will help speed up progress...

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So I assume this puts me at a disadvantage, but I have absolute Zero interest in using a tracker. Is that weird? I understand how helpful it can be in detectin your own leaks, let alone opponents you've gained Intel on, but I just don't want to take online poker to that point I guess? I play a ton, I feel like I'm improving as I'm writing down and remembering mistakes, plus taking notes on people.

If my play and style is constantly changing, but my current style changes day to day pending the game and attitude, am I really such an easy target?

I also have an assumption that if ones style is constantly evolving, then previously collected data on me could actually mislead an opponent.....Atleast that's one way I try to justify it.

Just untreated in similar opinions on the matter.

It will actually be somewhat of a hindrance if you don't know how to properly use the information.. First off, If using the information for the short term it's not really relevant. As you said your play style is constantly changing... well you're not an anomaly, most players do this. The information is only mildly helpful after a few thousand hands, and relevant after tens of thousands of hands. Information is never bad and therefore if it is between using your own brain or a software that picks up what your brain doesn't then clearly you will gain more information using a HUD. This is always better the more information the easier the game. Now where this becomes a problem is when players start making plays based off of information received from small sample sizes and then get upset when the information lead them astray. This could actually be worse than not having the information at all. As to your constant evolving leading the HUD astray, not so much. You will still have tendencies caught by the HUD that prove true over a large sample size that can be exploited even when you make changes. Players that make best use of the HUD like Bots put a lot of time and effort into understanding the information and how it is relevant. Just like I'm sure you put a lot of time and effort into your game and studying players. All this to say if you are not using a HUD and our profitable there's your answer you don't need one. If you're losing player and done all you can to fix all your leaks and still losing, then start studying about HUD's and it will help you become profitable, but will take a lot of work.

T

TJH90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never used a HUD, but wouldn't mind trying one. Can anyone recommend a one for stars?

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I do not use one. I figure, where is my hud when I go play a live game.

G

guitaRisGood

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thought about it on and off for years but i don't have a lot of interest in them either. i see how they can be used to your advantage but i just want to enjoy playing without having to analyze data that i would never have at a live table.

F

FunkNShine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not use one. I figure, where is my hud when I go play a live game.

thought about it on and off for years but i don't have a lot of interest in them either. i see how they can be used to your advantage but i just want to enjoy playing without having to analyze data that i would never have at a live table.

Pretty much exactly how I feel about it, though Atleast at live games real players have physical tells that you're lacking online.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
But when you play live, you play one table and every hand lasts much longer compared to an online game.Everyone can do whatever he wants with the HUD thing but please stop comparing two totally different situations. Needless to write about those who multitable.

Mariancrt

Mariancrt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tries pk4 that 30days free and I wanted to buy the license ,my problem is that because I don't know how to read and apply the stats was making me confused,I've tried to keep notes but its not working with me ,
But in my opinion is better with it ,so i will say go for it!

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I think the use of HUD helps a lot in online poker more when playing on several tables at the same time ... however I prefer the use of notes about my opponents and at the moment it helped me a lot ... but I do not rule out the possibility to test the use of HUD

K

kapobar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use couple times tracker but i realise that disttract me, only take notes. I need sometime several hands to rate players.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only use a tracker to track my own results and stats.
I personally don't like using a hud for tracking other players because it influences my decision.
I like to base my decisions on math, position and stack sizes. I think once you have got these skills down pact then you can start using a hud.

R

Rolco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only use a tracker to track my own results and stats.
I personally don't like using a hud for tracking other players because it influences my decision.
I like to base my decisions on math, position and stack sizes. I think once you have got these skills down pact then you can start using a hud.

Yeah the best benefit of a HUD is building a database of your own play stats and looking at your live play stats as well.

F

FunkNShine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah the best benefit of a HUD is building a database of your own play stats and looking at your live play stats as well.

Yea that seems like that may be the largest benefit that I'm lacking.

neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the lower stakes where there are so many different types of opponents, stats are huge. There are so many mistakes that people are making and unless you only 1 table and take notes on everything, you'll never remember it. The other thing that is important, you actually play a lot of the same people daily and might not realize it otherwise. You definitely don't need a HUD, but at the very least, make sure to take detailed notes on your opponents, especially when you get to see their cards.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's great for looking back at your hands. Sometimes I'm playing and I have a difficult decision and I know I want to come back and think about this. I can't always remember everything correctly. It's great to be able play it back and think about what you could have done differently and search for other times you've played that hand under similar circumstances and see if you are making a mistake.

M

MarineCJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am still learning using a hud. Almost done with my 30 day trail with PT4 than I am going to try HM3. Granted I do not use all the information yet as still learning, but helps keep mind clear since do not have to try to remember everything at the table.

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am still learning using a hud. Almost done with my 30 day trail with PT4 than I am going to try HM3. Granted I do not use all the information yet as still learning, but helps keep mind clear since do not have to try to remember everything at the table.

Start with a few stats like VPIP /PFR / AGG / 3-Bet/ first so that you wont get confused then start adding the stats that you think you will need.

after finishing with your hm3 trial there is DriveHUD you can try. thats another 30days free HUD.

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-software-tools-61/drivehud-poker-hud-database-software-298263/

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide