6-max HUD stats and how I use them

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On question 1 I see what your saying and it makes a lot of sense. I'll delete the unused stats. I might hold on to W$SD just because that seems to me like it's a good factor to use when bluffing in lower stakes. If I'm trying to bluff a guy off a hand but his W$SD is 60%+ I might be less willing.

Also, I don't know why I didn't put the "fold to 3bet" stat in there. I used it during the trial period and forgot to add it when I bought HEM.

On question 2, that's what I thought it meant. I just wasn't sure. Thanks again and more to come.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Something to keep in mind is that stats on later streets take a hell of a lot longer to converge than early street stats do. I'm not entirely sure about W$SD, but I'd be much more comfortable looking at their street by street fold to cbet stats than W$SD, a showdown stat, if I didn't have at least like 5k hands on the guy.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That does make a little more sense.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2) 'Metagame' refers to the game beyond the current hand. A lot of the time when you make a play for metagame reasons, you do so because it alters your image in a way that helps you gain more money in later hands. So an example would be that 4betting spot where I used the term. A 4bet bluff may not be immediately profitable, but if it's close then we can justify making the play because our image will make us look more aggressive, and as such our big hands will have a better chance of getting payed off in the future because of it.

And it's really not something you need to worry about at 2nl or 5nl as villains are not observant enough anyway.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay, here's how I've set up my hud now.

VPIP/PFR/3bet%/F3bet%
FlopCbet/FoldtoFlopCbet/Agg Factor/Steal%
LimpCall%/BBFoldtoSteal/WTSD

Is there a better setup that I can have.

One question though. On HEM, the stat "Agg Pct", is this the same as agression frequency? I'm asking because I would rather have that one than Agg Factor.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
VPIP/PFR/3bet%/F3bet%
FlopCbet/FoldtoFlopCbet/Agg Factor/Steal%
LimpCall%/BBFoldtoSteal/WTSD

it's a bit weird because the lines are not arrange logically. I try to have preflop stats first, then flop stats, then wtsd.

also like to have more flop stats like raise cbet and donk bet.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So should I put Agg Factor and Steal on the top and move 3bet and Fold to 3bet down to the second line?

Edit: Chuck, I'm not meaning to hijack this thread. I'm just wanting to get a better setup before I dive in too deep.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
jesus this cardsdontmatter guy is tilting my face off with his cliches and trollin

J

justa_juggalo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the great post Chuck! love it... but what are some good hud's that i can find

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
THanks Chuck,... I always enjoy reading your posts here in the CC forum. I don't comment on them very often but am sitting here soaking them up.
Tks again.... It is appreciated!

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
THanks Chuck,... I always enjoy reading your posts here in the CC forum. I don't comment on them very often but am sitting here soaking them up.
Tks again.... It is appreciated!

LOL If it weren't for people like Chuck, C9, Hillbilly, etc.... I would still suck (not saying that I don't still suck, but I'm a lot better than I was).:D

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Almost missed this post....Glad i didnt. Guess i have to go experament with my HUD.

p.s
Doesnt any one find it funny that the "purist" posted a few days ago a link to banned data mining softwere?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You guys are very welcome as always. I can't say it's just for you though - writing these posts helps me clear things up for myself as well.

If you guys have any other specific situations you want to know about I'm happy to explain how I deal with them.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to know one thing. I've been playing a lot and trying to keep my stats around 10/7 or so. What should my aggression stat be around. Lately it's around a 2.

Is this too low?

N

Nikeballa07

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what are you guys using to compile these stats like this?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stats like aggression and vpip and other basic ones are really too insignificant on their own to draw any conclusions. That said, it looks like you're playing way too tight regardless of the game. AF is a non-issue compared to that.

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thanks Chuck, having just gotten hem, I need all the help I can get between this and hillbilly steering me over to stox(watched your video, hearing your actual voice was surreal for me but I'm getting used to it) I might actually start loving ring games. Btw whats your stats?:)

Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry if this is slightly off topic but, I wanted to find out if there would be any kind clash/compromise between PT3 and HEM with regards to having postgreSQL.
I already have PT3 ( trial version still ) and wanted to know if I downloaded HEM and went about installing postgreSQL to work with HEM, would I be overriding my PT3 postgreSQL?

Or would it just be a case that because I already have postgreSQL with PT3 I am already good to go with HEM?

Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you BelgoSuisse, much appreciated.

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you do when you play live? Guess?

This is a crutch; it's an "edge," which borders on cheating but it's allowed, so I can't play the puritan here.

Robots are easy to beat at poker and if you play like a robot, you deserve to get smacked around with or without a black hat program data-mining your only moves.

Besides THAT.... AND the fact that a lot of players collude in the cash games, I only play cash games live.

HUDs.. lol.. It's like wearing a visored football helmet at a cash table.

If you need it to play, fine.. you're not getting my money at any online cash table.
I'm a little late and it's already been said, but if you absolutely need a hud to play one table you probably suck.

Anyways, on my setup, which is the default for hem, I have vp/pr/steal/3bet/af/flop cb/fold cb. Are these enough, or in depth enough?

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think fold to 3-bet is vital. I also like squeeze %. Other than that, I'd consider those stats to be standard. I use some other stuff like donk-bet %, but I mostly just use the pop-up window to look at that.

Does anyone think there's any correlation to preflop stats like fold to 3-bet or limp/call %, and postflop stats like WTSD, fold to river bet, fold to turn x/r, ect.? My main issue is that postflop stats take forever to converge, and its hard to get a handle on player's postflop tendencies quickly.