WPT Global Poker "identified" VPN on my first serve.

N

neversay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing poker for 10 years and never had any problems until I experienced WPT Global Poker and this happened...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230524-235632_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230524-235632_Gmail.jpg
    577.4 KB · Views: 23
najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Wow ! That sucks man. But do you really use a VPN or not ?

N

neversay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow ! That sucks man. But do you really use a VPN or not ?
I hate use VPN. So I don't even have vpn installed. and they want me to turn it off.

I login using Pc. Lets see if it can be solved.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I login using Pc. Lets see if it can be solved.
You mean you were playing on the phone right ?
Some phones. especially the new sophisticated ones could have some kind of VPN installed that needs to be disabled.

N

neversay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You mean you were playing on the phone right ?
Some phones. especially the new sophisticated ones could have some kind of VPN installed that needs to be disabled.
don't you think the WPT system should be more sophisticated? Maybe because almost no one plays there they do that

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
don't you think the WPT system should be more sophisticated? Maybe because almost no one plays there they do that
Well, their software is sophisticated enough to have detected "something" they don't like on your device. They said VPN, but it could be something else. Do you use any HUD / Tracker ??

N

neversay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing poker for 10 years and never had any problems until I experienced WPT Global Poker and this happened...
Following the issue, I cancel my withdrawal and I lost in Cassino. First time I play in Cassino just to lost the money. I am considering WPT global as a scam company.

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Following the issue, I cancel my withdrawal and I lost in Cassino. First time I play in Cassino just to lost the money. I am considering WPT global as a scam company.
Bad decision, shouldn't have done that. Always fight them till the end.

Now if they are really a scummy company you gave them more reason to repeat their actions.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
All these regulations suck

It is dangerous to use VPN
I have to turn it off , sometimes I forget , this might cause problems if I try to log in to pokerstars . Never happened but it can happen

Sites can identify VPN . That's sad . I noticed this with GG poker , couldn't register an account there using VPN

Other sites like partypoker or 888poker will not say sth if you use VPN , but when you go to withdraw you might have problems , especially problems when they ask id papers and address proofs .

Some others identify VPN , they let you play , lose money , then when you go to withdraw they deny your withdrawal, the excuse ?? Because you were caught using VPN
Ofcourse until then they let you play , lose money , generate rake for them , but this is not immoral or scam , right ?? :rolleyes::unsure:

If sb uses his own money to gamble , even if he uses VPN he shouldn't be banned by a poker room . At least his withdrawal request should be processed , at least only for his own money , the money he deposited , if not all . Letting him play , then deny him a withdrawal , that's scam .
Many countries have dictatorial rules , oppressing their citizens , denying them their right to win more money , have profits , invest or gamble their own money . Poke rooms should show more understanding In many cases I think . Especially in countries with war conflicts or revolutions / uprisings .

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought you could not use one to play in a country you are not supposed to but that it was not forbidden to use one.

These sites I do not believe prompt you with the terms and conditions signing up so seems harsh.

Also, I cannot see this mentioned in their terms and conditions:- https://www.americascardroom.eu/poker-customer-support/terms-and-conditions/ although need glasses but tell me if I am wrong.