Would you split 4.25 million?

Would you keep your word, or keep them money?

• Yes, I'd share as i agreed to

Votes: 37 86.0%
  • No, i earned it. I'd give him something, but that's it

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I'd never put myself in such a situation

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters
duesXmachina

duesXmachina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you agreed on something and someone has enough trust to give you their end up front, than it is only right to hold up your end of the bargain. Its not an issue of how much to give them, if you siad half the buy-in for half the winnings than you were playing for 50% of what you walked away with. His buddy gets half. Mine would.

nateofdeath

nateofdeath

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bubbasbestbabe said:
Hey Nate remind me never to buy a lottery ticket with you.

So what you are saying Nate is that it's ok for the friend to lose $5000 if his friend sucked at playing but if he's good he shouldn't get any of the reward for taking a chance and backing his friend? I don't think so. His friend was gambling on him. He won,i.e., came in the money, and as such he deserves his payout.

I think what your problem is the amount of money that has to be split. If the player came in say 20th and won $1500 would you have a problem with him splitting it? Or how about $20,000? At what point is the cut off?

If you read my post, I said I would never put myself in such a situation. Seeing that just made me think I wouldn't want to split the money, having done all the work. If I did make such an agreement I WOULD SPLIT IT, but having seen that situation play it's self out, I would never make such an agreement. I hope you all didn't get the wrong idea about me. Of course i'd keep my word, and i'm suprised that even one person voted 'no'. It just struck me as a unique and insane situation that I wanted to throw out there.

-n

M

Mr Fugly

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
They made the deal before the tourny. so yes, if it was me i would keep to the deal.

His friend knew the risks. He may have walked away with nothing if his friend did not finish in the money.
The guy sounds a "True" friend. How many friends do you know that would basically give you that sort of cash knowing you was going to "Gamble" it ?????? :)

Fug`s

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
osirisdean said:
unrelated:
im no pro, but it seemed like steve was wearing his tells on his sleeve. every time he had a big hand he got super giggly and chatty. sincere happiness = big hand, right? if he was like that the whole tournament (or at least once he made the money), im surprised he wasnt easier to pick off. [not at all disrespecting him, though, he obviously has some talent for the game.]

Steve Dannenman seems like a nice guy, but I lost some respect for him when they showed him on the phone a few days earlier bagging on Howard Lederer. Not cool.

F

Freakakanus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MrSticker said:
Steve Dannenman seems like a nice guy, but I lost some respect for him when they showed him on the phone a few days earlier bagging on Howard Lederer. Not cool.

Yeah, but are you telling me that if "no name poker schmuck" bluffs a pot from Lederer and gets away with it he wouldn't be telling everyone and his mom? It may not have seemed cool but it also was a "private" moment with his wife. I know I would have been talking smack to my wife if it had been me.
It would have kept me "pumped" up.
By the way I love Lederer, he's one of the classiest players out there.

P

PokerlinkMania

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't get myself in such position. If i had a private "sponsor" for part of the buyin to such event.

We would make some kind of deal before the event began.
Like make the money 50/50
Top 50 = 60/40
Top 20 = 70/30
Top 5 = 80/20

Something like that i guess.

Regards

Pokerlinkmania.com