Would you say that the site's promotions are getting worse, better or the same?

Would you say that the site's promotions are getting worse, better or the same?

• Site's promotions are getting worse.

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Site's promotions are about the same.

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Site's promotions are getting better.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • I'm not sure.

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
This is my first poll.

Is there a way to prevent people from adding categories? (like cake) :p

Tradition is tradition, I vote Bastard.

Yeah wtf is up with that pic having no cake or bastard on it, that is slacking on tradition, I think it was because that poll was an important poll about the site, it looks like the cake and bastard voters voted no, because the combined cake and bastard totals are usually around the same as the no vote above.

:top:

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did you mean Cardschat promotions or just poker promotions in general? I think CC has definitely added more promotions since I joined, but poker site promotions in general have decreased.

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Promotions in general.
Ahh, well I thought you meant CCs promotions, whoops. I chose yes and should have chosen no. Poker promotions in general have definitely gotten worse.

Gorak

Gorak

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but i feel that PokerStars promos became lottery oriented.
Many sites seem to want poker to be lottery oriented.

spin and go type of games. Flip tournaments. Spinning wheels for prizes.

It gives the losing player the hope of a big win to erase all of his losses. It may keep him depositing in the ecosystem a while longer. Not a bad result; but the dream will fade eventually.

I don't mind lottery type promos as long as the prizes fit the number of players. Putting 25,000 players for a $500 prize pool paying only 256 is insane.

Becky Eubanks

Becky Eubanks

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it wasn't for CC I wouldn't be able to win money at all !! Even though I am unable to play anywhere online for money legally I still play very hard on CC and have won some here...YAY......I realize that I could play at ACR and BCP but I have to disable my anti-virus and I think they are unregulated. If it weren't for the pokerstars homegames I would have no reason to be here and that's why I am so HAPPY we play there !!!!

W

Wvlg

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems that Pokerstars anyway is not so bad. They kept all "standart" freerols and VIP programm became a little bit better. Some freerols for Chrome status players appeard. Almost same.

O

Oleg196

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At PokerStars worse. There used to be freerolls with real prizes. It was possible to start building a bankroll, and now play them-just to kill time.

S

StorkBoy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All promotions are more or less the same. You have to make deposit to get 100-200% bonus but then you must to make some points to get that bonus, for me that is not bonus. Bonus should be a bonus without requirements, we will certainly spend that bonus, right.
The best promotion for beginners, as well for a better player too, is at PokerStars School Online "Beginners Bankroll". It's really great. It's free and you will learn many things and earn tickets for real money games with which I made around $100. I'm at the end now, I have to finish Cash Quiz and I will get 10 x $0.11 MTT tickets plus $5,000 freeroll tournament ticket.

If anyone knows of a similar promotion it would be good to share with us.

Gorak

Gorak

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is good to bring attention to the fact that the promos are getting worse. If we don't address the situation, the risk is that we lose everything.

It happened to another affiliate. I was playing for about $4,000/week worth of freerolls there. Then they started to slowly cut. I voiced my opinion in the forum and I got trashed by every player there saying: "How dare you; it is free money."

Situation now: $0.00/week worth of freeroll. And the site had to cut its staff a lot.

I think CardsChat will fight to keep the promos coming; but we need to support CC and give predominance to the sites that give us the best promos.

I other words we can pay our rake to the sites that care about giving some of it back to the players.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
promotions are set to motivate players to involve money in the game, and they are not recreationaly oriented through freerolls

Gorak

Gorak

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
promotions are set to motivate players to involve money in the game, and they are not recreationaly oriented through freerolls
I think promos are there to make us play one site instead of the other.

However promos are getting harder to evaluate since some are giving random prizes.

Some promos are plain stupid. Like the PokerStars Giveaway freerolls:

The Allin one is 20K players for $500.
The Zoom one requires all of our attention so all freerollers there.
The Heads up one is about the same; full speed then wait for the next wave.
And the prize structure is the worst I've seen in years.

Those types of promos attract hard core freerollers that only play freerolls.

Gorak

Gorak

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also noticed that more and more players are getting into freerolls. So the EV for the freerolls are getting lower and lower.

I suspect those players have busted their rolls because poker is becoming way harder to beat. So many turn to freerolls in an attempt to rebuild their rolls.

Gorak

Gorak

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars has changed the Chrome Freeroll payout structure making it much more difficult to reach the money. WHY?

I'm less and less motivated to play on Stars.

M

mottotom27

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally think the Stars promotions have been great this year so far. But I really think it depends on the stakes/game format you play, and how much you're willing to deposit. Some will benefit more than others.

January was great for cash game players at 10NL+ on stars, as the cash game quests provided a good rakeback boost of roughly $80 EV total.

Tourney players had the option of depositing $50 and getting a free $27 tourney ticket.

Then there were the mega bonuses, worth about $7 each, every time you make a deposit of $30+. You could do this 3 times for a total EV of over $20.

I made $16 profit from mega bonuses, $60 from cash game quests and got lucky from the tourney ticket so binked another $300!

So yea, for me the promotions have been pretty good, because:

1) My main game is 25nl which is ideal for the cash game challenges
2) I have a decent amount of money in the bank to allow me to keep making deposits for the promos that require them
3) The free tourney ticket was still good value even for someone who doesn't play tournaments, as anyone can get lucky in a tourney :D

February is also looking good. Since I'm goldstar if I complete 10 steps I earn an average of $46 during the first half of the month. Milestone challenges also look like they could be good value in the second half of the month. Then there's the 50 starscoin tourney with a $100k prizepool, and the sunday milli free ticket giveaway. All this adds up to a pretty promising month.

But yea like I said, not everyone will benefit from these promos in the same way, but I think it's unfair to call them bad promos as they aren't bad for everyone.

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The WPN Freebuy Series is coming up, definitely going to try and play in as many of those as possible. I wish I could still play on Stars :(.