Worst poker room software

Hambone8705

Hambone8705

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As far as functionality goes I think pokerstars has been the best for at least 5 years. Full Tilt is not far behind now, A few years ago they were too visually oriented but has made leaps and bounds in functionality in the past couple years. Tried absolute a couple of years ago and didnt mind it. recently tried Carbon, they've got a few features I like that the others dont have, but I think they try too hard to be a community instead of focusing on the game. Tried UB about 2 years ago and absolutely hated it!!! They have a cool points system, but thats it. So my votes go: Pokerstars = HERO Ultimate Bet = ZERO

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i find it hard to play on PKR. the software takes up so much space on ur hard drive that when playing it is so slow and freezes a lot. PKR try to give u a live expierience on online with the 3D graphics.....i'll take 2D anyday...

yeah, i know wut u mean. It's fun at first tryin to give the impression of live poker but u know wuts funny, if u wante dlive poker then u can go bouts anywhere these days and play LIVE poker. But PKR is pretty crummy and annoying at the end of the day.

The worst site i have been on has to be Mansion Poker which has a horrible lobby or Absolute Poker which has another crummy lobby.

J

jijiboss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bodog it's on top of my list too. Pitbull Poker it's also a poker room I really don't like

D

Drusilla

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont like Ultimate Poker's software

moeraj

moeraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the worst site for me aesthetically is microgaming. Has a totally electronic feel and was glad when doyles left that network.

T

the west wing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've decided that PKR is the worst poker site - terrible quality games, impossible to find action. Slows my computer, irritating sounds and visuals. It has no redeeming features.

Y

yourguynow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PIT BULL

I play alot at pitbull, because they have lots of freerolls (although the payout is only to less than the top 2% of the players) 350+ players and 18 winners. However, often when playing the 7 card stud type games, the software will auto-check everybody all the way thru the last card. No chance to bet, you just sit and wait. Maybe they should call these, sit N wait games. Often, when waiting to get into a game that I have registered for, you don't get seated. You leave the site, come back, and get seated a minute or two after it has started. Also, at times when you check a players notes, the note banner then blocks the player and you cannot get it to go away without leaving the game, and the site.. then comning back onto the site and rejoining the game. That makes the banner go away. Final complaint, locks you out at times so you time out but do not have the option to bet, just watch the timer run out. Why do I keep playing there? Like I said.. lots of freerolls

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ive herd alot fo bad things about Pit Bull. Dont think ill b puttin my money on there haha.

soncheebs

soncheebs

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive herd alot fo bad things about Pit Bull. Dont think ill b puttin my money on there haha.

ya actually pitbull is one of the worst hands down, probably second worse to spadeclub.com poker.

W

whoopwhoop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
doyles room and absolute are pretty bad. i actually like bodog a lot better than those sites. :/

Tonky666

Tonky666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
full tilt,stars and carbon best and spade blub sucks the graphics look like a shitstain !
i mean look at what they advertise on they'r home page ""rob1935 won $7 in a field of 287 players in 2h 8m. ""
copied and pasted it...WOW 7$ alot of cash

SydTheCat

SydTheCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What I hate about spadeclub software is that there is no resizable tables and you have the leaderboard and the calculator on the side and bottom.

WPTClub is just a clone of Ultimatebet. Resizable tables.

The ugliest I think is NLOP. Bad graphics.

R

RedEe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, every site has room for improvement!

Sadly, some of the changes are simple reformatting in the layout of the Access SQL tables.

Here are my gripes about the functionality/asthetics across sites and those that corrected the problems:
*server disconnects although playing online elsewhere (Fulltilt FIXED)
*table won't popup (pitbull or any IE browser site, Merge FIXED)
*LOUD beep when clicking tournament lobby list (Bodog, Cereus-UB/AP)
*inablity to resize/tile tables (spadeclub, IE sites)
*inability or not easily move seats (Cereus, Merge, SpadeClub)
*inability to see folded hole cards (SpadeClub)
*micro-sized card index (pitbull, GoHardPoker)
*small preselect buttons (Bodog)
*Fold-To-Any absent or not work (Microgaming FIXED, SpadeClub)
*tournament position rank table only shows 5 players (Merge)
*no separate tournament lobby (Merge)
*scroll requires too many clicks in chat/detail/lobby tables (Bodog,Merge)
*inability to alpha/numerically sort tables (Bodog,PokerStars)
*hand history not functional (Bodog)
This list makes me wonder what the techies do at these online poker rooms. Of course frequent changes are clownish and just as upsetting to the patrons by disrupting the continuity of the site. Each site could at least compile a list like this of minimum player expectations and work with us though.

Fulltilt is the most improved (technically) since their July overhaul corrected most of the disconnection issues I had for years but they will always rank last in customer support due to their volume.

I don't have high expectations when I visit the obscure-supplementary-peripheral-auxillary sites such as Pitbull, SpadeClub, GoHardPoker so they are off the hook but I despise any IE browser sites like Pitbull.

I revisited SpadeClub tonight because I read this post. I couldn't remember why I don't play there. The only reason I never got involved at SpadeClub is their lack of freerolls. All of their fun promotional tournaments are too EXCLUSIVE. The $75 freeroll at 22:30 had 1065 players, which was way more people than I expected. This was about 700 more than Microgaming, which is also shocking. That can't be too bad.

To answer the question, Bodog is the worst online poker room only because they have the potential to become a strong contender for top 5 but they neglected their opportunity.

R

RedEe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I forgot to mention Cake network in my reply. Cake's support is sweeeeet! They are quick to respond, appropriately personable (not automated) and completely answer every detail of my inquiries leaving me with an exceptional customer support experience.

The biggest problem with Cake is that they do not have specialty games (except Omaha) even though they list them on their lobby tabs, lol. Apparently they intended to grow into it but still haven't and I wonder why?? The good thing is that I learned PLO8 to replace my fav game of Stud8. Also, Cake Hand History needs to be in text and chart formats (PokerStars HH is the best).

M

m2lucky

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like cake but the problem with it is I cant stand looking at its graphics, and the tables dont go small enough, other than that it is easily top 5

G

Gr3atness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bodog sucks. It has a unique quality but in a bad way.

Carbon is my favorite.

Tilt and Stars are 2nd and 3rd.

J

jolietdusty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have neer played at spadeclub but PitBull is by far the worst place I have tried and I will never go back there.

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolute poker has issues with the game speed following an all in. The cards fly out and are retrieved so fast, I offen miss WTF Happened.

Bodog has issues with the function ability of information. If you need to take a quick look at the last hand, good luck or a fast check of what an opponent has been playing the last 10 hands or so. It aint happening.

By far, hands down the best on line poker site I’ve seen is the ECV site.
They are nowhere near as large as the rest but I love the fact that they only cater to Americans and I just feel at home there. All hail E. Clampus Vitus.

Attachments

• Picture 15.png
    Picture 15.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 7