Whats in a name?

crancko

crancko

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dear CC,

As all you buffins know, Paradise Poker was bought by gambling conglomerate SportingBet. In my foray into poker a few years back i had an account there. Remembering that, I decided to check it out again which caused some problems. The site had merged, switched software, whathaveyou... I couldnt get in to my old account.

Now there's support and there's support. At Paradise they even have danish supporters. And these guys are over a new report as New Orleans flies on a neighbourhood barbeque! Ole, the initial support guy, answered me promply yesterday - a danish national hollyday. He even tried to call me on the phone. Today he got hold of me and after a bit of back and forth i reckoned everything was gravy. Logged in with new pw provided by Ole and BAM, popup tells me my nick, "crancko" was already in use. I could get "crancko2" though.

Here the phrase Anal Retentive springs to mind. "crancko" is the nick I use (not a capital N, Nick. Wouldnt dream of using you). Period. Full Stop.

Another email to Paradise support pretty much resulted in responses like Hard Luck. Tough Shit.

Now I could go for a newpeat with support. Ole was great. But the last one answering wasnt him. I'm guessing he could have been fired for being too customer friendly. So...

Question is: Am I slowly going mad and my obsession with my nick (still no capital N, Nick!) is just the first worrying sign of a man about to go postal on the ducks in the park? OR is it a worrying sign of our degrading culture that my nick (no Nick) is seen to be something that can be altered or replaced with ease because some support person (definately not Ole, he was great) can't be bothered? (If I really am about to go postal on the ducks, I better get a gun permit... and a gun).

Yours,

crancko