Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've had a few extra bucks on merge network for awhile & had never bothered to play much on there at all, then asked for some suggestions for MTTs to play on there, tried a handful (can't say I was thrilled) then didn't bother with them again. Now I'm considering taking a chunk of change off of there but still thinking I should play some MTTs on there but this past week I've been checking the Tourney Lobby & there really seems like there's hardly any games to play on there? (the guarantees seem to have gotten smaller & less of them too, I was hoping to play $10freezeouts & $3-5 rebuys but there's hardly any of them in the lobby now?). What up with this? What do others play on there? (I hear of a bunch of members who say that Merge is their favourite network.. what the hell do you play on there?)

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a $5 rebuy with a 2k guarantee which runs every day at 8pm UK time (presumably ~3pm for you ?). That is part of my daily schedule most days. Not the most exciting of prize pools, but the game is pretty soft and the fact that Merge has synchronised breaks means that it is easily combined with bigger games on other networks.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I havent been on my Victory poker for a while, but want to check back in soon, as I have a BR there and in a month or so will be back in tourny mode. I hope there is something to play.........

M

MrBadBeat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the choice of tournaments has changed recently. There seems to be a lot fewer - and not very many guaranteed freeze outs.

serendipity

serendipity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest complaint about Merge MTTs is the constant reshuffling of tables during the first 20 minutes or so. It is not uncommon to play your first dozen hands at 8-10 different tables with different opponents. Surely they can improve the seating algorithm and due away this ridiculous situation.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My biggest complaint about Merge MTTs is the constant reshuffling of tables during the first 20 minutes or so. It is not uncommon to play your first dozen hands at 8-10 different tables with different opponents. Surely they can improve the seating algorithm and due away this ridiculous situation.

This is common on many sites, but I havent had it happen 8-10 tables in 12 hands. But Merge, as most sites now, have late registration, and as new people come in more tables are added and movers are common in this period.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
There is a $5 rebuy with a 2k guarantee which runs every day at 8pm UK time (presumably ~3pm for you ?). That is part of my daily schedule most days. Not the most exciting of prize pools, but the game is pretty soft and the fact that Merge has synchronised breaks means that it is easily combined with bigger games on other networks.

Ah tks Egon!! That'd be 12noon for me here (PT). Probably why I haven't noticed it (I need to switch my schedule around - - poker from early morning to mid-aft., work from aft. to early evening).
I'll check this one out for sure! (same name > PO on Carbon if you see me there say 'hi')

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hmm.... perhaps some of the guarantees on merge will be coming back now?