What do you think about the blind levels at ACR MTTs?

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hey forum,

after winning a few bucks in the ACR special freerolls, I started playing a few micro MTTs on the site and I am quite surprised on the slow blind structure on there.

What I have noticed so far:
  • Regular speeds: between 15 - 20 minute blinds
  • Turbo speeds: between 8 - 12 minute blinds
  • Hyper: usually 5 minute blinds

I find the regular speed pretty slow, espcially if you're playing a super micro MTT with less than $1 buy-in, it feels more like you're wasting a lot of time to win 25 cents after 2.5 hours. :ROFLMAO:

What are your thoughts on the blind levels on ACR?

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I didn't realized, cause I played just a few freerolls there, but you're right, it seems that doesn't worth to spend 3 hours to get a mini cash

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yeah, I have a reasonable balance there from CC freerolls, the old $3.30 buy in CC games and one of those Streamer freerolls where I did OK.

Its not only the blind structure, but also late reg can go on for hours and hours! They are just too long.

Have you tried the Gripsed Sunday home game. That certainly used to have more of a reasonable structure I think. Its a long time since I played it, as it started at the same time as the CC game so they were a good combo! I do like ACR apart from the above tho

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I haven't played there in quite a while due to every game being a rebuy... and the late reg is forever, this makes the game go on forever. As for blinds I would say 10 is regular, 5 is turbo and 3 is hyper so those blind levels on Acr for an online game are also going to drag on the game forever... not a fan(n)

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I dont mind the blind structure but could be a bit nicer if a bit faster at times but like someone said it is the hours of late registration and rebut/ re entry that is the problem. I would love to play a tournament every night if I could but they just last to long for a working guy like me so I don't play there as often as i would like. I cant help but wonder how many peole dont play during the work week because of this.

iveta777

iveta777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow i dont try acr room but i see i like him because i like slow mtt 15-20 min bb its really good for me

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ACR have many different blind structures for their MTTs now, but some of them are definitely to slow with more than 4 hours of late registration, which is totally ridiculous for a micro or low stakes event. I also dislike the idea, that the blinds go up more slowly, while late registration is open, and then after that the tournament speeds up. If anything it should be the other way around, so that we get more time to play, when there is real money at stake late in the tournament and especially on the final table. Which is something, pokerstars do with some of their featured formats. The structures on ACR are clearly not made to give people a good playing experience but to maximize the chance, more people will join during late registration = more profit for ACR.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
more people will join during late registration = more profit for ACR.
This comment doesn't hold water for me. I have no doubt that the HUGE late reg. is to build a decent sized prizepool so that they are able to advertise a BIG GUARANTEE on their tournaments. Big guarantees attract many players.
If it was just about the money, they could just start a new tournament at each buyin level, every 15mins.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This comment doesn't hold water for me. I have no doubt that the HUGE late reg. is to build a decent sized prizepool so that they are able to advertise a BIG GUARANTEE on their tournaments. Big guarantees attract many players.
Yeah this was also, what I meant, but you explained it better :)

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You are probably right, but in general, everyone chooses a convenient tournament format for themselves. I think there is nothing wrong that this site has such a choice. Note that this is probably the only site where regular tournaments are so slow :)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I do agree with those wishing they held tournaments with less Late Reg. Wouldn't it be awesome if they held a promotion where ALL tournaments had a max. late reg. of 1 hour! (except perhaps a few Sunday tournaments, with satellites still running for late reg.). Honestly it would attract me to play on the site (more than I do... I currently don't play in any tournaments on there... only cash games to play vs. the Russians). Oh and if they could completely re-vamp their software so that I can actually run it on my computer without it taking up 25%+ of my CPU. :(

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Thank you for you comments!

I totally agree on the late reg duration as well. It's mostly a result of the blind structure since LR often goes until the starting stack is 10-15 BBs.

I often use late reg in my strategy to minimize time spent but here I have to wait forever when I see an interesting game coming up only to see LR is still counting for 2 hours. 😅

Have you tried the Gripsed Sunday home game.
I haven't heard about that, but I'll have a look for that, thank you! 🤗

You are probably right, but in general, everyone chooses a convenient tournament format for themselves. I think there is nothing wrong that this site has such a choice.
That's a fair point for sure. You're directly proven right since someone said above they like slow MTTs. 👍

Oh and if they could completely re-vamp their software so that I can actually run it on my computer without it taking up 25%+ of my CPU.
I definitely sign that one as well! Their desktop software is horrible and their mobile App is still a development version they released. What does it say about their Devs if they cannot even get the rounding right from the account balance from 2 to 1 digits. 🤣

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The blind structures don't bother me on ACR... what does bother me is the 3+ hours of late registration in the regular MTTs.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The blind structures don't bother me on ACR... what does bother me is the 3+ hours of late registration in the regular MTTs.
Its related, since if the blind structure was more normal, then they would have to close late registration after say 2 hours, or players would still be able to late reg with 2BB.
You are probably right, but in general, everyone chooses a convenient tournament format for themselves. I think there is nothing wrong that this site has such a choice. Note that this is probably the only site where regular tournaments are so slow :)
There is nothing wrong with it, but the question was, do people like it. And my answer is no. I strongly dislike it, and its one of the reasons, why I rarely play on ACR.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me is should be:
- Regular: 10 minutes
- Turbo: 5 minutes
- Hyper-turbo: 3 minutes