Winamax.fr is a good site from what I hear. I've not played there myself though

W

Weissr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Winamax.fr is a good site from what I hear. I've not played there myself though
I've heard that as well, although beware of the requirements when signing up (have to register with your bank # or something within 90 days or they ban you and take whatever money is in your account).

Poker 770 (ipoker) has been pretty good also.

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try black chip poker it is not that big site and I really like the interior there :)

S

sandsoftime

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
actual exchange rate charged

I recently switched from stars to virtuosopoker.com. This not a big site but quite decent given the HTML5 platform. They don't charge any commissions on exchange rate when you pay in sterling. I am guessing it will be the same for euros. The charges were whatever my credit card company charged for currency conversion. I also noticed that their rake is lower than most of the other sites.

A

adam76

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
full tilt is great like pokerstars try it

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
theres also tiger gaming
haven't been there in a good while,
but built a small roll from nothing
they have small fields and regular small free rolls
think its mostly a sports betting site
I should go back and see one day

M

Macaroon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My advice is to stay away from the US sites mentioned - it's not worth the risk. Why not try BetVictor - reputable and I play there. Or betfair? Despite the publicity it gets it's not in the same league as PokerStars. Or go to an i-poker site like Wiiliam Hill. Download the software and have a look at the sort of games and numbers they have playing. If you don't fancy it, remove it.

M

Macaroon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There is some question as to their legality and some have poor reputations for paying out. I also know only USA players are allowed on some of these sites. And with the reputation of the USA authorities it's not impossible that their funds may suddenly be seized and the sites closed down! USA-based players play on these sites because they have no option. My heart goes out to them - The Land Of the Free indeed!
If you are in some European countries you will still have limited options - Spain, france and Italy I know allow only the sites which are licensed there, and these are mainly the big boys like Pokerstars, Bwin and 888.
If you have other options, Google I-poker and look at their skins (the sites that use their software) or try microgaming.
PokerOrifice on Nov 27th gave a good all-round list of sites - any of them should be OK. Not sure what you meant by 'good' sites.What's the matter with PokerStars?

C

Cleobulle

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have access to it (license problems for us here in Belgium), Winamax.fr is worth a try.

danprince10

danprince10

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Carbon Poker has good rakeback? Huh?

S

StorkMerriam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
unibet and Poker Time are both small sites on the MPN Network . They offer 30% Rakeback and lots of deposit options and decent support....

S

sslater

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recently heard a lot about Winamx. Interestingly tournament registration is only slightly more complicated.