Website issues

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On Wednesday evening I entered several tournaments on a respected UK ipoker provider.
During these tournaments play tech the software company went down causing the website to crash and not be back up and running until Friday.

The tournaments I entered in were not concluded therefore I would expect a full refund on any tournament buyins.

I have been told however that this will not be the case as this was a technical issue that was escalated a very vague response.

The website in question could theoretically do this at any time and not have to pay out any winnings at all.

Does anyone please have any thoughts on this matter surely this is wrong. My buyins are not particularly large but that is not the point.

If I have entered a tournament in good faith that it will be played out till it's conclusion surely I should be reimbursed my buyins

KevinRBTV

KevinRBTV

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Sorry to hear that

I can't imagine that they will not refund the buy-ins 🤔

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been told that in the terms and conditions they assume no liability for technical issues so no refunds would be paid.
I pointed out that 100s of thousands of pounds of players money has just gone into their pockets without paying out any prize money.
Surely that can't be right but the only response I have got is that it was a Technical issue that was escalated and as a result no refunds will be given

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's why one have to be careful & selective of the sites to play on.

serj537

serj537

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
I feel sorry for you. But I think that when everything works for them, they will return everything to everyone. At pokerstars, I found myself in this situation and they gave us everything back.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
If they do not return the money invested to you and people like you due to a technical failure of their poker room, then this will be a clear fraud. These negative acts, due to which the participants will be deceived, will entail a great image and reputational collapse of this poker room. Information about what happened, the negative will quickly spread among users and an uncontrolled outflow of people to other poker rooms will begin.:cool:

gupiel0k69

gupiel0k69

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Just withdraw all the money you got from this trash site and never play there again. Back in the days Pokerstars had the same issue with the servers and they refunded the money i invested in few tournaments in less than a day.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they do not return the money invested to you and people like you due to a technical failure of their poker room, then this will be a clear fraud. These negative acts, due to which the participants will be deceived, will entail a great image and reputational collapse of this poker room. Information about what happened, the negative will quickly spread among users and an uncontrolled outflow of people to other poker rooms will begin.:cool:
I imagine all ipoker skins would of been affected but not sure if they have the same terms and conditions as the site I use. This happened on a site I played previously and I was refunded within several days