VC Poker closed to U.S. players

aussieinus

aussieinus

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi All,
I just recieved this email from VC Poker, they are closing acces to U.S. players. I sure hope this isnt the start of things to come from other online rooms.

In respect of ongoing ambiguity regarding the legitimacy of online gaming for US citizens, we regret to inform you that all poker sites powered by Victor Chandler will no longer be able to service US accounts (i.e. accounts referencing US address details).
We kindly request that you make immediate arrangements to withdraw the funds remaining in your real money account by no later than 12:00:00 GMT on 20.09.2006. After this deadline your account will be closed.
If you have enjoyed your experience with the site, we are pleased to inform you that [dead site ~tb] is available to play at. As part of the Tribeca Tables network, Bowmanspoker features the same software and gaming experience offered by poker sites powered by Victor Chandler and you can continue to play against the players you currently compete with across the network.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused as a result of this change in policy and wish you good luck and good poker.
Sincerely,

The Staff and Management of Victor Chandler

Last edited by a moderator:
buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes this only the start, dreampoker has already informed there members in some states, not all states, of the same thing,,, buck

V

vdub04driver

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
got that email as well, i believe this is only the beginning and a lof of other sites will soon be doing the same just to cover their assets

Xife

Xife

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just hope canada doesn't follow suit... And I feel bad for my fellow American poker players.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think if remember rightly (hazy memory lol) that when it first started VC didnt have US players anyway

B

bootleg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Eurobet (ongame skin) did this a few months ago to their US players. The sites that seem to be enforcing these bans have a small % of US players and they can afford to lose them rather than stepping foot into the US and getting arrested for having your site open to US players.

talkpkr2me

talkpkr2me

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got the same e-mail but I cashed out of there along time ago...I'm mostly worried about the ipoker sites--Titan,Poker Ocean,CD,Fair,etc...those are my main sites,primarily Titan...If they go,I'm in big trouble. This is going beyond ridiculous now.We're going to have to round up some friends in Canada or ANYWHERE other than the good ol' USA just to use their email accounts if we want to continue playing..:ciao:

F

Freakakanus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had VC for awhile. Ended up uninstalling it but did make a withdrawl of a few bucks first. Who's next?

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is such horseshit. Plain and simple.

BKrywko1

BKrywko1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Purple Lounge (Prima skin) and the entire B2B network are not allowing American infidels starting next week, as well.

K

kdefranc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sad to see we'll lose so many poker players out there