UT 500 - Patience still a virtue

gotalljax

gotalljax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It has been a while since I played at UB - other than the CC freeroll. I had a few bucks and some time to kill so I gave it another whirl. I decided to play in a 1 table (6 person), Ultra Turbo 500 chip sit n go. Never tried them before and I was playing small stakes (starting with .50 + .10 and progressing to 1 + .20). I went from $3-$15 in a couple hours of play - I think I have found a new favorite.

The point: I wanted to thank Cards Chat for reinforcing the ultimate lesson - It is never too late to be patient! I knew it already, but I have gotten better about it since being a member - mostly due to the exposure to tight freeroll play in the CC events. MOST of the people in these things (UT 500 chips) are so concerned about a short stack and rising blinds that they start off raising with weak/inferior hands like J9 suited and K,10. They fail to see everybody is in the same boat. By sitting back and not sweating your stack falling (even to 200 if you have to), you can catch them on premium hands most of the time.

XxJackAcexX

XxJackAcexX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great Information..... I had'nt Tried one of those UT500 games yet.
I just won .52 from a 50$ Freeroll at UB...
I guess the UT500's is where i will start building a slow bankroll.
It will be wierd to play with a micro stack in a tournament , but i'm sort of getting used to it with the small live games i play at home.
See you at the tables.. and thanks again for the tip.