UltimateBet points/clearing bonuses

Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm having trouble figuring out exactly how this system works at UB. Thinking about taking them up on that 111% deposit bonus, just trying to figure out how hard it is to earn.

Any general comments on the site as well? I prefer to play SnG and some MTTs mostly.

Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just to clarify. All I can find (and i've been looking for an hour :mad: ) is how the points are converted when releasing your bonus. I can't seem to find how the points are earned other than they can be earned at MTTs, SnGs and ring games. This is all i can seem to find anywhere:

"You earn the bonus by playing in both real money ring games and in sit-n-go tournaments, where you earn "UltimatePoints". UltimateBet.com does break down the earnings for points a little differently that some sites do, with UltimateBet.com's bonus you earn $1 for every 10 UltimatePoints you earn while playing Raked Ring Game Tables but it takes 30 UltimatePoints earned playing Sit-N-Go's. It does take a little while longer to release the Ultimate Bet Bonus than many of the other online poker sites. "

This seems backwards to me that they differentiate between SnG and ring game points (1 point should just be 1 point..shouldn't it? not like it's hard to make the math work that way). If I sit down at a $20+$2 SnG for example, how many points do I get? (I have a sneaking feeling this bonus is a bitch to clear, but am just trying to confirm. OTOH I'll be playing that many SnGs anyway most likely...)

katymaty

katymaty

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont often play on ultimate, but the good thing about it is when you are playing cash games you earn ultimate points as you are playing.

It normally shows the points you have earned in a session when you have folded a hand and when you leave the table the ultimate points you have earned are converted into dollars - so you are constantly earning parts of the bonus instead of some sites you have to clear the whole bonus or get nothing

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm having trouble figuring out exactly how this system works at Ultimatebet. Thinking about taking them up on that 111% deposit bonus, just trying to figure out how hard it is to earn.

Any general comments on the site as well? I prefer to play SnG and some MTTs mostly.
Playing tourneys would take a long time to clear a bonus anywhere, let alone Ultimatebet. UB releases the bonus as your earn it, but they only release .10 (10 cents) for every 1 point earned. To top it off, they recently changed the way you earn points in cash games. Now you must contribute to the pot to get points.

Here's an interesting previous thread on this very subject:

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/pok...imatebet-respond-crappy-points-changes-94368/

Overall, I really like UB as a poker site. But if you are looking for an easy bonus to clear at low stakes, look elsewhere.

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One nice thing is: the bonus NEVER expires, so even if it's slow you should eventually get it all.

K

KLock7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure if you guys already covered this or not(didn't want to read every post), but UB used to give you points at the end of the month for every hour you played. I was just wondering if they still do this or not. I have 62.50 pts. and have never deposited. I've been at the same total for the past few months even though i've been playing on there a lot. If somebody could let me know I'd appreciate it. Thanks.