UltimateBet is Hideous

T

trojan87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like ultimate bet but the graphics r crap. a chair with ur screen name no pics lol. only a few backgrounds when ps has different themes like marine theme or stars theme. however im stuck playn bc i hv some bonus money pending.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First off I will never use that site simply because I have heard that admins can who run the site allow certain players and workers to see hole cards and cards opponents have. whether or not it is true the amount of people that i have heard it from stops me from using that site
This has been fixed now the only way they can see the cards is after the hand is done...
UB is better then full tilt.
there new software should be coming out soon;)

R

rozataone

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
UB Layoutingness and Cheaterosity

I play at UB and I do like it, my prior experience is mainly at bodog and a little at Players Only Poker, i've dabbled with Carbon and some others sites for a short time. I used to consider bodog as my favorite site because I liked the layout of the tables and thought the felt had nice color options but it wasn't re-sizable. Playwise idk, I wasn't a great poker player a year ago when I tryed all these sites so i can't comment on their gameplay really.
Anyways back on topic, here's a tip that I know some people don't know about because my friend whos an icon on UB and been playing there for a couple years haden't figured it out yet lol. In UB you are able to change the layout of the table from those stupid looking empty chairs to "Classic View" an overhead view of a poker table similiar to that of pokerstars with boxes instead of circles for the username/picture, there are no pre-selectable avatars or images so if a user has a pic it's one that was uploaded and then approved by UB. I am not a fav of avatars either, but i think empty chairs are a little worse so classic view is how I play even tho it's still some kinda 90's type graphics. UB says on their site that you can change the table skin but you can't, there is the option but no available choices and so far no sites that have alternative table skins for UB. BTW, the layout of the buttons is better in classic view too.
Table Selection on UB i do like, they have lower stake games than many sites which I like because the $.5o+.1o and $1.oo+.20 SnGs take a lot of the very new players out of the $2.oo+.4o and up SnGs which is awesome because you can jump in a lowstakes SnG and still get some decent players that make the game more interesting and in depth. It can be hard playing against 5 completly newbish players who you'r unable to put on a range because they will call anything and raise anything anytime. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind playing a bad player, but playing a bunch of them at once is dangerous and it doesn't help your play too much either. So I like that the many different denominations filter out the playingfield by skill level in some ways. Also they have some much higher stakes cash rooms then a lot of other sites.which is good if for the people who can both afford and contend at those levels.

All in All, I don't hate UB. I think they reward their users pretty well with the RAI$E program and UltimatePoints. You can use the points to buy into tournaments, purchase real life merchandise, place bids at the UB auction site or even trade them in for cash. The best thing is the more you play, the higher your RAI$E status goes and that gives you more benifits and adds a multiplier to your UltimatePoints. They rank Tournament Players with a unique system and you can win money and entrance to events that way.
Plus our BadBeat jackpot seems to hit more than any other site does.

The only thing i noticed is that in the low-stakes I see a lot of people complaining how UB gives them so many bad beats and the deck is rigged and they lose so much on UB blah blah blah. I think they are just venting because they are losing, I play in SnG's and I don't see any benifit to rigging SnG tables, it doesn't make any scense. The cheating that went on a UltimateBet is done and over with, all those people that were cheated got reimbursed I believe and just because the UB cheaters got caught doesn't mean it hasn't happened elsewhere, the UB cheaters just were too obvious about it.

Thanks and sorry for rambling,
Rozataone

EDIT* as a PS, i dualbox and don't have any trouble streaming video and playing UB but if what you say is true that would be horrible that poker software lags out a comp that bad, my mainclient runs on less memory than any of my internet browsers.

Last edited: