UltimateBet Freerolls

A

alymudd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So I have been playing on UltimateBet for about a month now, and started with the freerolls....couldn't bear to put money down when I hadn't had that much online tournament experience. My first couple were awful, then slowly I started playing longer and longer, getting closer and closer to the final table.

Finally, Wed. March 23, I entered a bonus dollar tournament at 11am (New Orleans time). I wasn't taking it tooo tooo seriously, chatting with a few of the other players, folding most hands, but playing killer hands. After a few hours, I checked the tournament lobby and realized that we had gone from 2500 players, to about 100. Players were already getting payouts (Bonus Dollar) and I saw that I was ranked about 50. So I turned the chat off and got to business.

I made it to the final table for the first time in an online tournament. I had about a half million in chips when the play started at the final table and I managed to finish 4th place. It was sooo exciting and then I started thinking...well why not try real money. So I put in a dollar for a real money tournament and placed 31st winning $5.

No real point to the story, but I have read most of the poker strategies and I use them all in context as well as my instinct. I just wanted to share my relativly puny success with the forum...I'll let you know if I ever win some big money. But this is a good start.

If anyones interested, I play under the alias "Moocka" on Ultimatebet...couldn't get any money deposited on the "Aly Mudd" account...

Nick

Nick

CC
Administrator
Total posts
Chips
That's great... a lot of people start off their poker playing "careers" by winning a small amount in a freeroll and then slowly building up a bankroll.

You've passed a critical point, a lot of people play freerolls on many sites, because they can't/won't deposit and just want to win the tinyest amount that'll enter them into the world of real money poker.

L

longhairdave

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in the freerolls because I like to play poker. With a family of 6, not much money left over for gambling...lol. If/when I win money in freerolls to use on real tables, cool. Otherwise I will have to just practice on freerolls until I am good enough to win the wsop.....someday....

Dave

M

minet123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wtg alymudd :beer:
anytime you can out last 2000+ is a great achevment :shakehand

G

G_man10

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ultimate bet

I also play at Ultimate bet alymudd, I like playing freerolls, and have finished 30th tops. I started out just like you, with my first couple of freerolls being terrible, then I started getting better. I haven't played any real money tables yet but hopefully soon.

F A T

F A T

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just like you allymudd I started playin' the freerolls. acutally it was a test freeroll, i finished 4th in that won myself a whole 3.08 then i registered a 1.00 tournament, and finished 1st out of `1233 players recieved 322.00 for that tournament, i haven't yet did another one but will be playin' soon. Poker is so much fun!

bpazjr13

bpazjr13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nice job aly

UB Freerolls are funny....the hardest one to play is the 5,000 UB pts, then the TEC, and then $500.. ive finished highest in second place for each one.

just waiting for them to add a real $ freeroll

A

alymudd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hay F A T, i think that i have seen you on ultimate bet....do you play under the alias "F A T"?? if you do, i am pretty sure that I have seen you in the freerolls kicking butt!! way to go!
My next goal is to place high in the 5000pts freeroll...that way my bonus dollars will roll over...

A

alymudd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
bpazjr13...i agree with you there...usually anythime i play one, it takes a good hour before any real poker is being played...i don't know if it is people who sign up at work and then get nervous about bosses and such or what...But depending on how the tables are playing determines how i play in turn. If everyone is going all in with crap cards off the bat, i usually stay out of the way (pre-flop), unless i have pocket A or K, or AK. But pre-flop, it is safer to just hang back and let the others go out. As for real money, I mainly play $1 sng's or the nightly 10:20pm $1 tourney. Most I've won in the dollar tourney was $5..which is the same payout as a sng, minus the .10.

bpazjr13

bpazjr13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i havent deposited into UB yet...i just like their freerolls and the TEC...i normally play $50 SNG at Pokerroom...gotten plenty of the 1st place $250

yea aly, i dont see too many ALL IN'ERs for the 5k pt tourneys....

F A T

F A T

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
love those tourney's at ub! haven't seen u ally

G

great_m0nkey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started my gaming at pacific poker after playing irl a lot and got 3rd/1000 in the first tourney i ever played (a free roll) then entered a guaranteed $1000 tourney and got 2nd in it...cant say its been pure success since then...but started off with a bang of beginners luck i spose

M

marf2506

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i play freeroll but have never played any tourney's for money where is the best place

bpazjr13

bpazjr13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like the SNG's at Pokerroom....easy $$ at the $10 and $20 buy ins for some reason

M

MR_CHORISO

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
cool

i won a 2 dollar buy-in tourny on ultimate bet.......i won 90 bucks......i just went with my instincts.....i know how u feel...:D

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't played on that site yet. Great job so far, have fun.

J

jheated5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry but UB has to have the worst freerolls I've ever played! 12 bucks first place for beating 4999 people? of course that gets you into the 1000 weekly freeroll if you place but sometimes I just don't feel like wasting 5 hrs for 10 dollars, I'm currently doing the bodog freerolls cause they're 500 bucks 120 for first and a lot less players go check it out!

D

Dam Yankee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm w/ jheated - don't care for ultimatebet's freerolls so much...I have never tried bodog - will have to check it out. My fav's are players only & wsex. But - when I sit down to play - if UB is having a FR starting when I want to play - I'll get in it - don't get me wrong... Started @ PStars, but 10,000 person field just takes soooo long. I just like the $ prize pool at the others...and they go much quicker. GL everyone!

Agile Beauce

Agile Beauce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also don't like the freerolls on UB. I have accumulated a nice (very small) bankroll from playing freerolls, so I have just recently started playing real money tourneys and S&Gs. I stick to the Micro Stakes for now. It took me a long time to accumulate my bankroll. I don't what to blow it all on one or two tourneys.

Freeroll Passwords