UB does it again....

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is not a major rant. But it was a major hour-long annoyance for the evening. This is why I was a no show in the CC freeroll last night:
1) This was a quick minor issue that resulted in an unnecessary password change, which I was unaware of.
Welcome! An online representative will be with you shortly. You are number 1 in the queue. Your wait time will be approximately 0 minute(s) and 7 seconds. Thank you for waiting.
You are now chatting with 'Karla'
Karla: Thank you for contacting us! How may I help you?
you: hi Karla - i just tried to log in - i have auto-complete for the password
Karla: Hello
you: i got a popup that said my ID was 'in use'
Karla: May I please have your username?
you: clearly it is not - no one has my password - i do not even KNOW IT
you: scubadiver2
Karla: Thank you
you: yw
Karla: Could you provide me with the answer to your security question, which is:
Karla: What is your favorite pet's name?
you: couple years ago, the name was divebitch - Ultimatebet changed it on me without my knowledge - gave me some numeric password, which I typed into the password box and never typed it again
you: Sxxxx
Karla: thank you
Karla: The error message you are showing, does not actually mean that someone else is using your account. This message will be shown to you for any of the following reasons:
Karla: 1. If you shut down your computer while you were still logged in to Ultimatebet.
Karla: 2. If the game was manually closed due to a system error by pressing "Ctrl+Alt+Del" (all at the same time).
Karla: 3. If any kind of disconnection was experienced in which our servers could no longer receive the necessary data from your PC.
Karla: We have reset the log-in status of your account and you should now be able to log in as usual.
you: ty - how can i change my password? And I'd REALLY like a new name - i picked scuba in haste
Karla: You're welcome
you: i'd like dive8itch
you: or divebich
you: or my original name back
Karla: We have reset your password and emailed you a temporary password. However at Ultimatebet we don not allow players to change their usernames, sorry.
you: and how do i change my password?
you: okay - i can log in now
you: i picked a new name i did not want because i had a tourney to play
Karla: Once you log in with the temporary password we emailed you. [I thought she meant the temp password they emailed me 2 years ago, which wouldn't make sense - totally my bad.]You will be prompted to update your password. If you would like to send an email to support@Ultimatebet.com explaining your username they will be able to review your case. I don't have the authorization to change your username.
you: yeah, i know you don't
Karla: It has been a pleasure assisting you. Is there anything else I can help you with?
you: okay, i will do that - thx for the help
you: no, that's it - have a fun dAY
Karla: You're welcome have a great day.
you: u2 - bye

SOOOO,,, no harm no foul.

2) A couple hours later……….. I had stayed logged in to Ultimatebet for a couple hours, and registered for the CC FR about 5 minutes b4 the tourney started, and DID NOT LOG OUT (why would I)?
Welcome! An online representative will be with you shortly. You are number 1 in the queue. Your wait time will be approximately 0 minute(s) and 7 seconds. Thank you for waiting.
You are now chatting with 'Karol'
Karol: Thank you for contacting us! How may I help you?
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: yeah, what is the problem??? I cannot log in?
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: I talked to u earlier [I was wrong, it was Karla, not Karol]
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: I have A PRIVATE TOURNEY NOW AT cARDSCHAT
Karol: What is the exact error message you are receiving?
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: SCUBADIVER2
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: I HAD ISSUES EARLIER TODAY OF NOT BEING ABLE TO LOG IN FOR A DIFFERENT REASON
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: now ITAS SAYING MY PASSWORD DOESN'T WORK = What did u do???
Karol: Ultimatebet is now part of a brand new poker network called CEREUS. With the new poker network comes an expanded pool of players and that means there will be more poker fans to play against, bigger Bad Beat Jackpots, more guarantees and a lot more action at the tables. As a result of the expanded player base, there is some duplication of player names. You can still continue to play at Ultimatebet once you choose a new username. :eek:
Karol: In this case, we will need you to provide us with three new username options (each no longer than 12 alphanumeric characters, please) and we will gladly change your username to the first available option. :eek:
Karol: send us an email to support@Ultimatebet.com :eek: :eek: :eek:
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: U R SERIOUS, CEREUS? AM I IN THE TWILIGHT ZONE?
Karol: We apologize for the incovenience :confused:
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: PLEASE - CALL A REAL SUPPORT PERSON
Karol: What is the registered email address?
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: I REGISTERED IN CARDSCHAT FREEROOL, AND NOW CANNOIT GET IN
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: xxxxxxxx@YAHOO.COM
Karol: What is the exact error message you are receiving?
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: it's saying incorrect password has been entered and I NEVER LOGGED OUT!!!
Karol: We are more than willing to help you, please let me know what is the error message you are receiving? :eek:
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: see above
Karol: Close the game application and open it again,please
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: well, what happened???? r u sure this will work?????
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: did u do anything? because I ALREADY DID THAT
Karol: We will send you a temporary password,please confirm the following information
Karol: Name
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: JEEZ - bEVERLY txxxxx
Karol: Physical Address
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: isn;t that in your info??????
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: xxxx wxxxxx st - philadelphia pa 19xxx - that info should NOT BE NECESSARY to fix your mistake
Karol: We need to confirm that you are the owner of the account
Karol: Birth Date
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: 6/20/xx
Karol: Answer to your security question:
Karol: "What is your favorite pet's name?" [1st time]
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: Karol - I am copying this to whole chat to post on a forum
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: Sxxxxx
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: we been thru this pet name earlier today
Karol: We need this information to make sure that you are the owner of the account and that someone else is not trying to access to your account
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: Can you tell me WHY I cannot get into my acct?? who changed my password just minutes ago without telling me???
Karol: I am checking
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: I am wearing thin - nothin NEW w/me - my private tourney is going on now, and my chips are going away lol
Karol: Please, close the game application and open it again,please
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: it is still saying my password is bad - which I have not changed in 2 years
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: i think YOU did that an hour or 2 ago
Karol: Password is encrypted, we do not have access to your password
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: my stack is almost half gone by now
Karol: We need you to confirm the information to get a temporary password
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: funny, earlier u didn't give me a temp password, just reset the settings
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: well, you got my info - gimme a password please
Karol: Please, confirm the answer to your security question and we will send you a temporary password
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: i GAVE U THAT
Karol: "What is your favorite pet's name?" :eek: [again?]
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: scroll up
Karol: Thank you
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: Sxxxxx was my dog - and mom's maiden name is xxxxxxx
Karol: We will send a temporary password to your registered email address, which you should receive in a few minutes. We suggest you to copy and paste it, make sure not to enter blank spaces before or after the password, then changed it to a more personal and easier to remember when you want to log in.
Karol: Check the SPAM :p
Karol: We apologize for the incovenience
Karol: Did you receive the password?
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: looks like i was issued 2 new passwords [turns out 1 password was issued by Karla, and I had missed that in 1st chat]
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: lemme try the last 1
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: just 2 hours ago i was logged in by u, NO new password was necessary
Karol: According to our records you are logged out
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: no, the new password does not work
Karol: Do you copy and paste it?
Karol: Did you change the temporary password to a more personal?
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: NOOOOO – I didn’t realize my password was changed
Karol: Make sure you are not entering blank spaces
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: I've been logged in to Ultimatebet for hours,I registreed for the cardschat tourney just 5 minutes before the game started - now i look at it, and looks like I never was - please explain
Karol: What is the Tourney Number?
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: 5225846
Karol: Let me check
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: saw my name in the the register, and suddenly, now, it has DISAPPEARED
Karol: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
Karol: Record shows that you were eliminated for the tournament, unfortunately we cannot refund the buy in because it was a freeroll
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: Duh, cuz I could not log in. I just don’t understand how I was obviously logged in when I registered right b4 the tourney, and when it started, I was logged out.
Karol: yes, on freerolls players are eliminated when the first level is reached
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: well, that is your fault
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: you people should throw $100 in my acct
Karol: there was no error your account, if you were not able to log in, it was due to an incorrect password or username used on the login screen
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: I use auto-complete log-in and never touch it. I don't even KNOW my password
Karol: we proceed to help you login by providing you a new password
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: Did i ask for a new password??? lol
Karol: you mentioned that your password was incorrect, therefore, we provided you a temporal one to have you logging into your account
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: NEVER said is was INCORRECT - how would tat even be possible? It was always on auto-complete. I JUST ASKED HOW DO YOU CHANGE IT - I didn't mean anyone else should change it for me.
Karol: My apologies for inconvenience Beverly. I am speaking with my supervisor to compensate you for the trouble
Karol: allow me a moment, please
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: Even if the person I spoke to earlier changed my password while I was logged in, I don’t get how I was able to register for a tourney 5 minutes before it closes, and then when the table is supposed to pop, it says my password is wrong.
Karol: we cant offer you a refund for the game since its a private freeroll, however, we can give you 10 Tournament Dollars so you can join a similar game
Karol: I understand, please accept my apologies
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: well, i'll accept that and thanks
Karol: yes, the adjustment is done
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: acct info - i see it there now
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: well, sorry i spent the last hour with this
Karol: that's no problem, I am here to assist you as much as I can. Again, I am deeply sorry for the trouble
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: can i log in now?
Karol: Yes
Karol: Is there anything else I can help you with?
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: you OWE me to change my name back to the original - divebitch
Karol: Usernames cannot be changed
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: then i will be happy - lol - ok then
Karol: It was a pleasure to assist you.
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: i'm sure lol - thx
Karol: You are welcome.
dive_xxxxxx@yahoo.com: take care
Karol: You too Thank you
Karol: Unfortunately I will have to end this chat since we have not heard from you in a while. A follow up email will be sent to your registered email address shortly. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again.
Chat session has been terminated by the site operator.

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
such a pain for a freeroll

more reason to avoid UB and AP

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
such a pain for a freeroll

more reason to avoid Ultimatebet and Absolute Poker

Well, it wasn't just for a freeroll, although I certainly do enjoy ours. I simply couldn't understand for the life of me how I could be logged in (you'd have to be) to register for the tourney at 7:55, and be automatically logged out by 8 PM. Mind you, the lobby was still open (which you can't get to without getting the log-in screen 1st). IOW, I did not accidently close the window/App. THEY logged me out. See what I'm sayin'?

tpb221

tpb221

Chasing Gutshots
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a problem with UB. If you log off(or get disconnected) in a unexcepted way it will do this. Alot of people have had this happen to them- me included. After I reboot my computer it seem to take care of the problem. There was a thread about this awhile back(sry no link).

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a problem with Ultimatebet. If you log off(or get disconnected) in a unexcepted way it will do this. Alot of people have had this happen to them- me included. After I reboot my computer it seem to take care of the problem. There was a thread about this awhile back(sry no link).

Well, it was just odd that the disconnect happened within a 5 minute window. And like I just told Skolpadda, I could see if the whole app closed, but the lobby was still there, and I was doing several other things online with no connection problems at all. Just weird. At any rate, I still wouldn't have been able to shut & down & restart it because the 1st CSR had changed the PW unbeknownst to me, and for what was not a PW issue. I'm over it. But it was most frustrating.

norriscjn

norriscjn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not trust UB at all. With all the security risks is like a bunch of high schoolers running the show over there.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just one of the many reasons I don't play at UB.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you charge to handle customer relation problems for CC members. Like to hire you to handle some situations I get into with these sites. I'm on three times longer, walk away with no compensation, all pissed off and have to wait three days for contact from a supervisor.

Also grad to see I'm not the only one who hits the caps lock going for the "a" key. :)

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you charge to handle customer relation problems for CC members. Like to hire you to handle some situations I get into with these sites. I'm on three times longer, walk away with no compensation, all pissed off and have to wait three days for contact from a supervisor.

Also grad to see I'm not the only one who hits the caps lock going for the "a" key. :)

LMAO. Glad to see you notice that this is an 'a' key problem, and not a ranting lunatic problem. Just an 'a' problem I did not care about fixing at the momemt. lol

Maybe I could be engaged for a fee. Once I get aggravated, I become a little tenacious. :p Yeah, I did walk away with a $10 bonus for my troubles, didn't I. :D

Last edited:
MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LMAO. Glad to see you notice that this is an 'a' key problem, and not a ranting lunatic problem. Just an 'a' problem I did not care about fixing at the momemt. lol

Maybe I could be engaged for a fee. Once I get aggravated, I become a little tenacious. :p Yeah, I did walk away with a $10 bonus for my troubles, didn't I. :D

Well lets see how it went last night. Played against 39 CC members for a profit of $1.04. You on the other hand go HU with the UB IT representive for a profit of $10.00.

If it would been a guy, you could of lobbied for a win for the gals for your heads up match! lol

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hey, your birthday is 2 days before mine :D

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well lets see how it went last night. Played against 39 CC members for a profit of $1.04. You on the other hand go HU with the Ultimatebet IT representive for a profit of $10.00.

If it would been a guy, you could of lobbied for a win for the gals for your heads up match! lol

Karol, well that might be a guy's name in...where is UB out of? :p

Hey, your birthday is 2 days before mine :D
Meaning you share a birthday with Todd Rundgren. And my friend Scott.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I had to look up who Todd Rundgren was, lol... I also share a birthday with Former UFC Heavyweight and Light Heavyweight Champion, Randy Coutre (who is a red player on full tilt poker as well), and douchebag extraordinaire, Carson Daily.

moemtg

moemtg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ummm

UB has always been on the Ceerues Network... im sorry man.. thats why i never use UB

workinonit

workinonit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's a huuggeee tip, don't play on Cereus

Sysvr4

Sysvr4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How has UB not yet died with all the scandals, support issues, and poor game selection? I just can't see why anyone would voluntarily play there. I have a few bucks I won on a CC freeroll that I can't even bring myself to donk off because I dislike the site so much...

Vote with your pockbook, OP, that's the only language they understand.

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
welll you got $10 outta this, no complaints!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
10 T$'s .... for a freeroll!!! Just another reason why I keep a UB icon on my desktop ---- ez monies! (I will miss the CC games on there, more ez monies for a nodeposit site).

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How has Ultimatebet not yet died with all the scandals, support issues, and poor game selection? I just can't see why anyone would voluntarily play there. I have a few bucks I won on a CC freeroll that I can't even bring myself to donk off because I dislike the site so much...

Vote with your pockbook, OP, that's the only language they understand.

I agree.
welll you got $10 outta this, no complaints!

10 T$'s .... for a freeroll!!! Just another reason why I keep a Ultimatebet icon on my desktop ---- ez monies! (I will miss the CC games on there, more ez monies for a nodeposit site).

Note to all trying to get $10 out of UB. Nag then senseless when they change your name and finally change your pw CUZ THEY MISINTERRETED YOUR PROBLEM. opps

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
UB has been quite profitable lately, must be that most of the regs have stopped playing there and that has let the fishies rise to the top, wtg Biatch getting T$10 is better than wasting 3 hours and going out on the bubble.

workinonit

workinonit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10 T$'s .... for a freeroll!!! Just another reason why I keep a Ultimatebet icon on my desktop ---- ez monies! (I will miss the CC games on there, more ez monies for a nodeposit site).

Ultimatebet has been quite profitable lately, must be that most of the regs have stopped playing there and that has let the fishies rise to the top, wtg Biatch getting T$10 is better than wasting 3 hours and going out on the bubble.

Seriously hope you guys are levelling lol

P

Pokerdude420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im sure the CAPS really got your point across....I hat dealing with Customer Service for all poker sites...its so annoying

silverslugger33

silverslugger33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad customer support really really bothers me. I have very limited experience with UB, and this is the first I'm hearing about their support one way or the other, but I have had experience playing on both FT and PS. To be quite honest, the diffeence in customer support is the reason I play on stars far more frequently than on FT. UB needs to get it together, and if it does, maybe there at least will be a discernible reason to play there versus somewhere else...

C

cheddachris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha yes got to love being spun around in circles 9 or 10 times before they finally actually fix the problem, but hey at least they gave you 10 T$ and werent complete a-holes about it, although id rather spend the 3 hours in the game getting it then an hour on the phone or chatroom with those people

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ultimatebet has always been on the Ceerues Network... im sorry man.. thats why i never use Ultimatebet
Not to be pedantic about it, but that's not true. Ultimatebet and Absolute Poker both pre-date Cereus by several years. Both were stand-alone sites, and not part of any network. Not sure if Absolute Poker was initially founded by Tokwiro Enterprises, but Tokwiro owned Absolute Poker when they bought Ultimatebet. Right after the Ultimatebet superuser scandal surfaced (following the Absolute Poker superuser scandal from the prior year), Tokwiro created the Cereus network to merge the two.