Not open for further replies.
t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's your opinion on table "turbo" table tournaments? For those of you who don't know what turbo table tournaments are, they are usually a six player table where the blinds go up very rapidly so the tournament takes about 10-15 minutes to finish. I just started playing them and they have cheap buy-ins (at least on Titan which is only $1 to buy-in).

quazar66

quazar66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
turbo sit in go

Turbo tournaments are a loose players wonderland. But if you play them right they could be very profitable. Me personaly prefer the good old long tournaments. In the normal tournaments you can play your best and dont have to gamble just to get to the money.;)

gordo30

gordo30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i can handle the turbo tournies but the extreme turbo and super extreme turbo games are a joke,every 2 hands and such the blinds increase so one bad play and your out.saying that i have won a couple of these don,t really know how i guess that other guys put them self,s out

trentonlf

trentonlf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turbo is ok, but as has been said takes away from good play since the blinds increase so quickly. Have placed in a couple but would rather stay with the standard tourney.

g/l

Alon Ipser

Alon Ipser

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Empire has turbo freeroll tournies with up to 2000 players. I played one and swear that somebody was going all in every hand, even after an hour. As for the SnG's, I don't play because the quick rising blinds do not match my style of play.

Sammyv1

Sammyv1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played in a couple of these S-N-Go's before on one of the prima sites. I do not care for them as the blinds go up so fast it ends up being a crap shoot at the end! I have played in some turbo MTT tourneys on Pacific and have faired very well in them though!

O

OneFLaiGuy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Turbos can be extrememly rewarding but there is sooo much of a luck factor. Nevertheless I love it because sometimes I get too impatient sitting at those HUGE tournaments

joesta

joesta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
yea im not really a fan of the turbos ethier they should call them BINGO! tournies theres people going allin all the time but if u can double up early and dont seat back they can be alright

B

bbc008

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
turbo.....my #1 rule of thumb.....
think fast and act fast.....no hollywood unless it's a REALLY big pot and you NEED to.....

cause very soon....the blinds is going to go up....and at the end.....its a NO WIN situation for EVERYONE on the table who's taking their time on EVERY HAND.......

Status
Not open for further replies.