True Poker

T

TorreyB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the the same network that Doyles Room went to. I played True poker ten years ago and it was slow and bad then and ten years later it is about the same. Poor Doyle.

Did you use a not so great computer back then? They used to have a low res and high res version of the client. I really got used to that 3D table style they used. It made switching to a different site hard at first.

I was surprised it took them until last year (I think??) to make over their interface with filtering options and a 2D view. Considering how many people used to play there, it's a shame that a company that started so early couldn't hold on to the users because they didn't evolve with their competitors.

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have an account on Doyles room, and was moved to (Yatahay Network) where true Poker was/is the main site.

As stated other where the software looks a bit dated, you can't resieze the screens, as my computer runs in high resulution, I have have to scale it down to 1280pixle or less when I play there.

As you can see at Pokerscout the network is small which mean not too much traffic. and wait time to play SnG's (that is bad because the rake in SnG is low, so i would love to play a lot of them there) however their small guarenteed tournaments is good value and there are quite a few of them and they also have a few biggis which there run good value satellits for (you don't get tickets but get enrolled and have to play at a fixed date), however the big once are US friendly which mean eu players have to start at 3 o'clock in the morning and that a bit late for non hardcore players.

There also runs some ring games most of the time.

The support seems very fiendly and all my question has been answered right away, they seem nice and friendly.