Time to Try Something New

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't brought this up yet, because I hadn't really commited to it, but............

Over the last 3-4 months, my online br has taken a jump, and been maintaining, thanks to some decent tourney paydays. So starting 1st of this month, I decided, after literally years of being a micro stakes, mostly tourney player, to aim for making PS silver VIP status this month.. To get properly rolled for the attempt, I closed out several of my piddly little accounts and transferred the noney to Stars. I also transferred some of my recent CC event bounty from Ultimatebet and FT and set about earning VPP points playing at .50/1 limit.

When I quit for the night tonite, I had earned just over 600 points in 9 days, and despite some fits and starts, am actually playing at a profit. So, I feel I'm progressing sufficiently to commit to giving it a go

I'll post progress reports periodically, and plz wisah me luck This is virgin territory for me, so any tips and advice would be appreiated.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mr Chips

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've only started playing at stars in the last month and am a silver VIP, its not that great, pretty boring lol...unless I am missing something? You earn fpps a little quicker.

...Oh and it only lasts for a month, if you want to keep it you have to keep up that level of play, lol pretty smart move on pokerstars side.

Last edited:
CrackaNACtion

CrackaNACtion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrades dave :) hope u get that status :)

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've only started playing at stars in the last month and am a silver VIP, its not that great, pretty boring lol...unless I am missing something? You earn fpps a little quicker.

...Oh and it only lasts for a month, if you want to keep it you have to keep up that level of play, lol pretty smart move on PokerStars side.

You can use your fpps for tourneys w/ nice cash payouts weekly and monthly. If you can play at that lrvrl and profit, you can maintain it month to month. Seems a little more than just earning fpps faster to mr.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
advise: bets are easier to loose than they are to win.

GOGOGOGO

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had mixed sessions today. Wound up ahead $18, and added approx 90 points to the till. Almost half way there

M

Mr Chips

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
lol you sound like an advertisement. rolled off the xerox...

You can use your fpps for tourneys w/ nice cash payouts weekly and monthly.

Look good luck to you I hope you get there. I am just telling you what it is as a member ok, it ain't that great. Silver will let you compete in a $20,000 tournament a week with a 100fpp buy in and you earn 1.5 fpps instead of the one. WOW...oh and the $100,000 monthly you have to win in a satellite to get there which is a freeroll for gold members. You mose well just enter the $11, $100,000 weekly tournament for everyone.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i won $60 in the last $100k freeroll and only made the 3rd payout jump :)

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very nice goal really and commiting fully by taking all the other money into one is a good i dea imo....i think you sould be careful and just do what you have been doin lately...gl on your goal

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bump.

Made it. Went over 1500 VPP this morning. Made 'em all playing .50/1 HOtSr

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
missed this one at the start, nice job and congrats on reaching your goal :)

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats Dave - making a target and reaching it is always a job well done.

I more often than not play at the same level, and you seem to get just as many donks there as at lower levels, except if they suck out on you its a bit more expensive :(.

Now the next target - maintaining that level next month :) GL

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gonna sit back a little for a day or 2' play some CC events and a VIP freeroll or two. Near the target, it got to be a bit of a grind. Then get back at it first of the month.