emk211

emk211

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
MIxed feelings about these THROWABLES on pokerstars....They are fun to throw, but they can be used to distract and cajole...I even think they can be used as code with certain players...Thoughts?

Vlaad

Vlaad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me they are just annoying, the sound effects etc. But I don't think they are often used for collusion. They could just use a chatroom or something similar.

G

Gallego1523

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play a tournament with nice prizes, I find them annoying and can even get you out of focus. But if I play a freeroll I use them :D:D:D:D:D

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I turned those stupid things off the day they were released. LOL

All those little things that Stars adds, it just tells me they don't get it. Poker players don't want the game "spiced up" to look more like Fortnite. LOL Poker players are there for the poker and in my not-so-humble opinion all that extra crap just takes away from the game, it doesn't add anything to it. So why waste your time and money programming that silly stuff into the client? Stars has made some strange decisions over the years, but once Isai Scheinberg sold it, that old Stars was gone for good. Scheinberg got it, the new owners don't - my opinion obv.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its kind of juvenile, but Stars are just trying to make the games more recreational player friendly like all the other poker sites. 888 Poker have always had throwables, and Zynga Poker also had them back in the day, so its not exactly a new idea in online poker :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what are throwables?

Virtual items you can sling at an opponent in online games. On PokerStars you can send someone tissues, if for instance they just lost a big pot. Or you can send fireworks, which I guess means, good for you that you won, or well played? On 888 Poker you can sling a tomato or pie, which mean, you are mad at them. Maybe they put a bad beat on you, or you just generally dont like them and want to say "good for you that you lost". You can also sling a trophy to say something like "well played". Of course that can also be used in a sarcastic way, if someone just lost a pot.

B

bioman420

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love to shoot, I think I use them too much, there is a penalty for those who use them very often, because when I shoot very often at a big player, there is a time when I bug the game So I wonder if it was an infraction and the game penalized me or if it’s just a platform bug.

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind them at all. But I have seen people abusing them to no end... Sending the "fish" and "poop" throwables non stop.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I generally send a poop if there's a maniac at the table or if I'm all in and beaten. I mean no harm it's just a parting gesture.