Thoughts on ACR’s battle against bots

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think there are bots on every site people out there are smarter than the programs. I have been asked if i was a bot when it was heads up in small buy in on acr which i won.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday had another verification test from ACR to prove im human

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also on a cash table noticed a guy started to act realy crazey, reraising me al the time all of a sudden, then 5 minutes ago he types in chat "Bots"
Im like yeah man i am a bot lol
I probably opened three tables and was taking the very same time to act so he started to think i might be a bot, i dont know.

C

Chewbacca514

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My current theory about bots is this:

The poker sites themselves use them to limit the payouts and maximize the buy-ins/re-entries in tournaments. They also use them in cash games for the same reason, anything made goes back into the site and any rake they generate goes back into the site.

I also believe that ACR has coolers built into the software. It's just uncanny how many cooler hands I see run out. KK vs AA where a K comes on the turn and an A comes on the river, etc, etc. I think we all know what I'm talking about. What does this do? It generates MASSIVE rake for the site because people are always putting their full stack in. I didn't want to believe it and I told myself all the things that have already been cited, it's just variance, I'm just imagining it, I only remember the bad beats, etc. But no, it's just way too frequent.

Another point about ACR and bots:

After the Joe Ingram videos, you can no longer freely see the names of players at cash tables so it's become impossible to track players the way Joe did in the past. So ACR's answer to the bot problem? Make sure no one can investigate it. That's not sketchy at all.

C

Chewbacca514

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A player who is losing many times over, is always playing against a bot. The player who is always winning, is never playing against a bot. Really

You're straw manning the argument, or you're willfully misunderstanding it.

The stance of "bots aren't real, you just suck" is flippant, arrogant and insulting, especially considering that the best players in the world agree it's a problem.

Maybe you should actually read and attempt to understand the argument before engaging in the debate.

A

Aces74

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Acr has bots period.Whether they are run by Acr and bot teams is a good ?
After 75k games of $50 Jackpot Sng you will know who is a bot.You will know when there are 2 bots on your table.You will see them in the $90 SitnCrush $50 ticket tournament on Sunday for leaderboard players.They stout and never play a hand the entire tournament.They are Sng Jackpot bots only programmed for those games.You can not make a 100x deal they will time out after 2 minutes so no deal.A huge list has been submitted after verified.I was asked by Acr to list the Sng game #s of 75K games.They did not even investigate a name, not even a single game.The thing is I was beating these bots 65% of the time.However is unfair when you factor in 2 bots at same table is way more difficult, bots never time out, bots never misclick,bots /players using RTA are even more difficult esp the more you play them as they are building a profile on your play.
Let me just say the Acr prove your a human is a complete joke.These SnG jackpot games are hypers.I never even have that pop up for me when I play 1k of them.In tourneys yes I have seen in 4-5 hour sessions and actually ignored it before and went on playing due to multiple tables and spots.Is very annoying if it pops up during a key hand or important decision.Next I even answered that wrong gave me some message I continued to play.
So I am not saying ACR does not have security .I am saying they must be paid to do something else hint hint... They can't catch an entire bot team running 24 7 for 4 years under same usernames running at the same time on shifts?????

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The bots don't do much to win so I am glad that they play with us. It is fun to play with others and hopefully we win against these bots.

Beatlebug

M

Marcos1315

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to understand one thing: do bots play the best they can or do they change the cards that will come?
Because I see people saying it was bots because the opponent hit the river, but I think bots only play in the best possible way.
Could someone explain to me?

YuriDitz

YuriDitz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For Russian poker rooms bots are a real problem, there are a lot of them here and they are everywhere, and no one is going to fight it.

F

FlushKings311

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bots

I sure hope it works. Just like to play fair and sqaure, anything that keeps the integrity of the game fair I am for any day of the week. I Love poker and prefer an untampered product.

fedkov

fedkov

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
YES, it's all microlimits and free. People get too sick, and they understand it. There is no reason to think that these are bots. What will you choose for this ACR giveaway?

A

Aces74

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to understand one thing: do bots play the best they can or do they change the cards that will come?
Because I see people saying it was bots because the opponent hit the river, but I think bots only play in the best possible way.
Could someone explain to me?
Bots are ran on a program usually a bot team pre programmed. There is a tool used called real time assistance. There is a problem since bots do not make human errors and do not time out.With one exception unless the network is disconnected then you will will see them sit out (usually whole team sits out and then manually take offline then reloaded.) Acr will not admit and will not stop Bots, bot teams.Reported over 50 last year and they are still used. They are in the leaderboard taking cash back from human players. Receiving tickets for the Sunday Tournament and they can not play they are only Jackpot Spin Bots they sit out the entire Tournament(How easy is that to spot???? plus names are reported ) ACR does not give a shit and have rewritten there rules as of late to say not responsible for bots hmmm. There have been some real shady incidents in tourn and cash that have nothing to to do with bots tho.I have AA and shove all in on flop 50+ bb in cash and called by 27 suited no flush draw just a pair of 2s and bam turn 2 50+ bb in cash how ? Regardless of outcome fishy af. Tournament I have noticed if i crush for the first part of the tourn and am in 1rst will be hit with amazing bad beats or coolers, is best to sit out and at least min cash than try and maintain first place entire tourn. as if the software itself turns on you how the fk. Try this if you can crush the entire tourn pack by 100bb and see what happens next if you don't sit out maybe its variance fk no.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-27 at 5.57.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-27 at 5.57.45 PM.png
    974.4 KB · Views: 5
Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why can't we have a serious discussion about bots?

I am perplexed how so many smart people can be in denial of bots and/or funny software. Why is this so taboo to talk about? There are bots, and the absolute most incentive to use them comes from the poker sites themselves. I am so brokenhearted by poker lately, I used to be in denial of the bots, fiercely, but I cannot deny reality.

It seems that instead of wanting to talk about bots, how many there are, and how there isn't a way to prove the software is legit, I just get a lot of "oh it's just variance, it happens" and "just play more hands the numbers will work out eventually"... I get that bad runs happen, I get that it can go on for a long time, but there is a difference between bad runs, and noticing some "players" suckout with marginal hands repeatedly. There is a difference between other players getting lucky, and that other player getting lucky on you every time. I've stopped counting the amount of times I've had AA or KK cracked by total garbage mere places from the money. I have lost count of the time I have had AA or KK or QQ at cash tables, and NEVER getting any actions, UNLESS I'm about to get sucked out.

Why can't we just talk about it?
Ako Vs 77 I 3x, they call
Flop KT8 I raise , they reraise, I jam, they SNAP call
Turn A SO I had 90% on the flop, Turn top 2, makes like 95%....
River... Do i even have to say it? 7.

I have flopped 3 rainbow straights and was called all in the flop each time and lost to turn river flushes and full house....

I had 4 flushes on wednesday. 2 K high flushes that lost to A high, one baby flush that lost to higher, and a NUT flush that lost to river quads. Flush over flush is only like 3% of the time and quads is like never, yet there goes another days BR in coolers and

Keep in mind, this is not even close to all of the bad beats or coolers, AND this is just the last couple of days.

Again, I get it, bad beats happen, but day in, day out, getting called with junk on boards that dont connect at all and turn river or river.... I am trying not to lose my sanity or love for the game!
The hard truth is that if you are a losing player, your downswing will be permanent. The things you speak about are just variance, the game is not rigged. Do not make mistake of thinking the game is rigged because that can lead you to chase a 'non-rigged' site which will only give you endless frustration.

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also when I was playing on ACR last I was being hit with captchas to prove I was human. I think they have made some security adjustments and the botting problem isn't as bad as it once was. Some people seem like bots but aren't actually.