Surfshark: A possible "backdoor" for the rest of us outside of Vegas?

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I saw an ad for this internet device that uses a VPN or virtual private network, allowing users to connect to servers outside of their current IP address. My question is has anyone here used or currently using this and if so, does it work/is it worth it? Thanx for your response and may the flop be with you. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I saw an ad for this internet device that uses a VPN or virtual private network, allowing users to connect to servers outside of their current IP address. My question is has anyone here used or currently using this and if so, does it work/is it worth it? Thanx for your response and may the flop be with you. ;)
It would help to know what the name of this device is, most sites can see if you are using a VPN, personally I don't think it would be worth it, if you build a bankroll on a site that legally you shouldn't be playing at, and the site notices, they will confiscate the funds and close your account.

(y)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you get caught the sites will confiscate all of your funds. And you won't be able to make withdrawals - so why bother?
Exactly this. You wont be able to provide proof of residence in a place, where you can legally play. And if you try to do this by forging documents, that is a criminal offense, which you could go to jail for. So why not just play on sites, that allow it? There are unregulated sites available for people in Texas like for instance ACR Poker. So just play on those, if you want to play online. Its not an ideal solution but better than committing forgery or having your money confiscated.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
So weird that they close so many countries they have been operating for so long

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see you are from the US. I think it wouldn't be worth the risk to use a VPN. I think if I was you I would just play on ACR.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Exactly this. You wont be able to provide proof of residence in a place, where you can legally play. And if you try to do this by forging documents, that is a criminal offense, which you could go to jail for. So why not just play on sites, that allow it? There are unregulated sites available for people in Texas like for instance ACR Poker. So just play on those, if you want to play online. Its not an ideal solution but better than committing forgery or having your money confiscated.
Why not.... I'm guessing because he can't play wsop events on ACR.

But yah... terrible idea to play on VPN (imo). I've heard of others who were doing it (but it was 2nd hand, nobody 'confided' in me with this information), including some US MTT players from Cardschat. I'm guessing they'd be doing player-to-player transfers to move any winnings around.... perhaps using friend's addresses. I'm sure it's more than possible. I've also heard that a number of players on GG were playing from the USA. (not sure if this is still happening as much now).

I would never do it. I'd rather move somewhere for a month & then play from there.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why not.... I'm guessing because he can't play WSOP events on ACR.
WSOP events are for a real amount of money. Which makes it an even worse idea, since there is going to be more scrutiny, and it really sucks to win big money and then have it confiscated. Like what happened to Gordon Vayo years ago. Much better then to pay for a plane ticket and a hotel room and get the experience of playing in the live events in Las Vegas.

Royal Vegas - Leo Vegas - Sky Vegas