Sunday Million ticket

zarzar78

zarzar78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
May be getting 215T$ is better than playing that tournament, it's a huge tournament , so to get a nice ROI ( more than 500% ) you have to be in the top 1%, It's better to play smaller buy in tournament.

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the buy in is over your bankroll 100% take the T-Money, your chances to win that big score are minimal especially playing against a higher buy in field than you are used to. Using the T-Money in smaller MTT/SNG Buy-ins increases your chance of a cash out dramatically. The choice is yours Gl with what ever you choose to do :)

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly, if you can deposit into your account sometime in the future and rebuild it from there, take this opportunity and play the sunday million.

You can choose to play when you want, right? Maybe watch some sunday million strategy videos online from those who have won, read up on some strat guides, etc.

And then take a shot at it. What's the worst that can happen? You bust out of it, but you won a ticket into it. It's not like you've risked your own money. And Whats the best that could happen? You finish ITM or you even win it! That's pretty cool. Not a lot people get an opportunity like this, so I say to take it.

And if you do win, ship me some monies for encouraging you do play it. :)

...However, if you cant deposit, then take the T$.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would take the tournament dollars and build up a bankroll without having to deposit. Satellite into Sunday Millions again at another time!

S

somersetlad9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really comes down to the mindset. If you think the $215 is important to you then take the money, but if you feel comfortable then take a shot as you may not know when the next 1 will take place

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Suppose you win a $5 BI tournament for say $1000.
Would you consider playing the Sunday Million ?
That would be insane....

No matter if we're talking T$ or real $ there's at least 2 things you have to consider before even thinking to play the Sunday Million.

Does it fit in my Roll looking at proper BRM ?
Do I have the skills to play it ?

There probably are exceptions, but if you're only used to playing Micro and Low buy-ins , in most cases the skills won't be there.

Even worse, if it doesn't fit in your roll, you're most likely gonna play scared money , which will decrease your chances drastically.

Long story short, you're gonna play far outof your comfort zone , which is a way to disaster and most probably you're just throwing away $215.

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Suppose you win a $5 BI tournament for say $1000.
Would you consider playing the Sunday Million ?
That would be insane....

No matter if we're talking T$ or real $ there's at least 2 things you have to consider before even thinking to play the Sunday Million.

Does it fit in my Roll looking at proper BRM ?
Do I have the skills to play it ?

There probably are exceptions, but if you're only used to playing Micro and Low buy-ins , in most cases the skills won't be there.

Even worse, if it doesn't fit in your roll, you're most likely gonna play scared money , which will decrease your chances drastically.

Long story short, you're gonna play far outof your comfort zone , which is a way to disaster and most probably you're just throwing away $215.

I 100% agree,

REMEMBER: Poker is long term profit NOT short term. Yes in an ideal world you'd take a shot and final table the Sunday Million making you rich, realistically thats not going to happen. Using the 215T$ with correct BRM you can make this very profitable playing lower stake MTT/STT.

Are you looking to make money long term or gable short term?

Helvec

Helvec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dude, you have what you feel is best. It is a good opportunity not play the event and try to double your money playing multiple tournaments. And if you decide to play the Sunday Million, enjoy it, play it, live it !! good luck :)