Star chests

John_3_16

John_3_16

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How much rake did you pay for the privilege of playing when you were a kid?

I'm not sure to whom specifically this (very dismissive) post^ refers, but many players who have been active for years online could describe how "rewards" have diminished. Many online grinders used to make their living primarily from rakeback. It's a pretty tall task to beat the rake and profit from small stakes grinding. The possibility really only exists (existed) online. With rakeback on Full Tilt, one could get back a decent percentage of their rake and increase profit/mitigate loss. Stars used to have better rewards too, the rewards system has changed a few times over the years and this new one (Star Coins) sucks in comparison IIRC.
When I was young, my brother and sisters and Iworked the fields of our farm to survive. My dad worked in the coal mines and worked the farm. We were poor but self sufficient. We EARNED everything. No rake back, no gifts, no welfare of any kind.

Have worked all of my life. Old school. Extra is just that, extra. Gifts, bonuses, welfare, overtime, rake back, inducements... EXCUSES...

You sound like the pimps who say they can't make it without welfare to buy gas for their caddies.

My original post applies to you and anyone else looking for someone to take care of them or needs hand outs because their earnings cannot support their living habits.

Maybe you should find a real job since your poker skills seem to rely on poker welfare for survival. Your words, not mine...

God bless. He still expects you to lift the spoon and fork...

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When I was young, my brother and sisters and Iworked the fields of our farm to survive. My dad worked in the coal mines and worked the farm. We were poor but self sufficient. We EARNED everything. No rake back, no gifts, no welfare of any kind.

Have worked all of my life. Old school. Extra is just that, extra. Gifts, bonuses, welfare, overtime, rake back, inducements... EXCUSES...

You sound like the pimps who say they can't make it without welfare to buy gas for their caddies.

My original post applies to you and anyone else looking for someone to take care of them or needs hand outs because their earnings cannot support their living habits.

Maybe you should find a real job since your poker skills seem to rely on poker welfare for survival. Your words, not mine...

God bless. He still expects you to lift the spoon and fork...

Hi, nice to be welcomed to a new (for me) site by such a personable member.

I have never been a big online player for real money. I have never tried to make a living from poker. I was merely pointing out that others have been, and dealing with rake is one of the largest hurdles that they face. The smaller the stakes, the higher the rate of rake. Successful poker rooms (both online and brick and mortar) make their money by charging rake. Rake can be up to 10% of pot. You could theoretically play for hours on end, never lose a hand at show down, and come out down due to rake. Rakeback is a tool to provide incentive to players (customers) of online sites to play at their tables.

If you and your family ever paid any taxes, I assume from your apparent attitude that you never claimed any deductions - since that would be welfare.

JOBS!

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, nice to be welcomed to a new (for me) site by such a personable member.

I have never been a big online player for real money. I have never tried to make a living from poker. I was merely pointing out that others have been, and dealing with rake is one of the largest hurdles that they face. The smaller the stakes, the higher the rate of rake. Successful poker rooms (both online and brick and mortar) make their money by charging rake. Rake can be up to 10% of pot. You could theoretically play for hours on end, never lose a hand at show down, and come out down due to rake. Rakeback is a tool to provide incentive to players (customers) of online sites to play at their tables.

If you and your family ever paid any taxes, I assume from your apparent attitude that you never claimed any deductions - since that would be welfare.

JOBS!
Unlike with party poker stars rewards works at the lowest of stakes meanign there's nothing to force or pressure you in any way to mov eup stakes until you are truly ready skill wise and bankroll-wise to do so.

PP rewards only remotely beign at 10NL (and there you need time pressure per week to ever get any rakeback you need to put in a lo tof grinding) with stars there's 0 pressure, you can grind one hour a day and eventually your chest iwll unlock.

The starcoins given (ranges from 8 to 40 for red/beginner chest) can be spent at a rate of 100 to $1 for DIRECT rakeback (minimum exchange of this nature is 1k points fo $10) but you will find that the other ways to spend the coins allow you, if a little lucky of course, to make MORE back than your rake if you spend the coins in BULK rather than in tiny parts.

Their bulk coin purchases of tickets and the like are RIDICULOUSLY reasonable/cheap especially the biggest spin-n-go package for coins, do the math of 100 coins = $1 and you will see how huge a discount on the bulk order of tickets you're getting.

If you want to complain that it's not 'straight up rakeback' then yes fair enough argument. If you are arguing that it's worse than the old system then you're just a sheep going baaa baaa I hate PS but I play there because they are the best in all ways baaa baaa...

I have no shame admitting I'm pathetically in love with PS and very biased in my outlook. It's the truth and I feel joy surge through my blood vessels as I open up the client and get psyched for a grind session.

John_3_16

John_3_16

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing new under this sun... REWARDS are fish food...

Welcome; mtl mile end. :bath: :stoned:

You invited yourself into my conversation with someone else. Maybe a friend or life partner?

Does not matter. You do share the same outlook on life and illogical educational references.

Taxes and deductions are not poker and give backs.

I avoid any cash game raking more than 5%. It is not the 5% that keeps you from earning. The 5% or more rake steals all the money out of the game. If their are players with money at the table and you can outplay them. Then 95% of your winning pots should leave you in the black every time. If not, then, I agree. YOU require being taken care of.

I don't give one thin d__n about inducements. Give me and madman a table full of idiots, a 5% rake and even a little luck. Hog heaven. Extras are extras. You and the friend I was talking to from my original post should check out bingo and lotteries. Maybe horse racing. I bet both of you would really enjoy dollar beer and dog day at the ball games if you could afford the tickets to get in.

Real players play and quietly accept any/all gratuities offered. It is the game that attracts them.

Do you really think wsop is successful because of the bracelets or the big money. Superbowl rings are nice but all of the NFL players would still play without them. Most do. FOR THE MONEY!!!

You and the guy starting this thread need to make contact. I see a real connection there on almost every level.

Hope to sit across a table from both of you sometime. Maybe sell you some beads or shiny rocks??? Will even give you some for free if you buy the rest. :eek: :D :cool:

God bless. And, yes, it does rain equally on the wise and the, shall we say, not so smart! The difference? How they each react with pocket aces... :eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :cool:

Last edited:
mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have no shame admitting I'm pathetically in love with PS and very biased in my outlook. It's the truth and I feel joy surge through my blood vessels as I open up the client and get psyched for a grind session.[/QUOTE said:
In my brief experience, I consider you an unpaid (????) agent of Pokerstars. :D

But do you recall the previous system(s) of rewards at Stars? I think it (they) were points based, but the rate was better. Sorry I can't recall myself, but it was a system that I never fully understood and would only act on when Stars sent me an email saying they were changing the system.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Welcome; mtl mile end. :bath: :stoned:

You invited yourself into my conversation with someone else. Maybe a friend or life partner? It's a thread in a poker discussion board.

Does not matter. You do share the same outlook on life and illogical educational references.

Taxes and deductions are not poker and give backs. I was making the comparison of taxes to rake and tax deductions/refunds to rakeback.

I avoid any cash game raking more than 5%. It is not the 5% that keeps you from earning. The 5% or more rake steals all the money out of the game. If their are players with money at the table and you can outplay them. Then 95% of your winning pots should leave you in the black every time. If not, then, I agree. YOU require being taken care of. Please tell me where. Seriously this sounds great. Is it online?

I don't give one thin d__n about inducements. Give me and madman a table full of idiots, a 5% rake and even a little luck. Hog heaven. Extras are extras. You and the friend I was talking to from my original post should check out bingo and lotteries. Maybe horse racing. I bet both of you would really enjoy dollar beer and dog day at the ball games if you could afford the tickets to get in.

Real players play and quietly accept any/all gratuities offered. It is the game that attracts them.

Do you really think WSOP is successful because of the bracelets or the big money. Superbowl rings are nice but all of the NFL players would still play without them. Most do. FOR THE MONEY!!!

You and the guy starting this thread need to make contact. I see a real connection there on almost every level. Your homophobia is truly enlightening!

Hope to sit across a table from both of you sometime. Maybe sell you some beads or shiny rocks??? Will even give you some for free if you buy the rest. :eek: :D :cool: Yeah screw me like you screwed them Injuns! but not actually screw me, that would be Gay!

God bless. And, yes, it does rain equally on the wise and the, shall we say, not so smart! The difference? How they each react with pocket aces... :eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :cool:
By saying "God Bless" after rude comments do you receive absolution?

My above comments are all relatively serious (the magenta is just to tweak your homophobia). But seriously, where do you play for 5% rake?

John_3_16

John_3_16

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

My above comments are all relatively serious (the magenta is just to tweak your homophobia). But seriously, where do you play for 5% rake?
Your ignorance is showing, AGAIN.

Harsh criticism is not sinful. I EARN honestly. So, that is not sinful. If I comment on the glaring educational needs of others, then that is not sinful. I truly say it, like my harsh criticism, because I MEAN IT.

I do not know how this site reacts to links but I will attempt to clue you in.

Some sites actually have less than 5% rake and almost all have a cap that further reduces the rake as that pot builds.

Google "lowest online poker rake" and you will be provided with the information you obviously can't find for yourself.

Great info and charts at professionalrakeback.com/usa-poker-site-rake-comparison-and-analysis, so start there. Are you brand new to this game???

If referring to brick and mortar, I am NOT aware of any. That is why I appreciate online poker...

God bless; or not. I will leave it up to how He feels about it. ;)

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I heard GG Poker has 5% Rake. They claim to be the lowest.

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing a online cash game for a few hours yesterday, and I some how managed to get a star chest, what are these things what do they do. I've managed to get three of them

Congratulations on your achievement, you win prizes with these chests, click on the chest of happiness and see which prize you have won. Good luck at my noble tables.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
D

doom

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
ps is not lowest rake site stop it already but it is poker room now with lowest rakeback

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
ps is not lowest rake site stop it already but it is poker room now with lowest rakeback

Lowest rates and lowest caps, you stop it already. I state actual raw facts and you are talking utter nonsense.

https://www.pokerstars.uk/poker/room/rake/
http://www.rakeback.com/pokerstars/rake-structure/

Not just the rates and caps their policy of no flop no drop and rounding to nearest even number not always up if it's .5 make them the fairest and lowest overall rake site out there. Now come back when you've done your damn research and tell me to 'stop it already' what a tone to talk to me with.

D

doom

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
so you play nl2 ? on mpn network cap for hu is only o,o6 cent and in your ps o,30 and on mpn you have 30% rb also

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
so you play nl2 ? on mpn network cap for hu is only o,o6 cent and in your ps o,30 and on mpn you have 30% rb also
Boy you dont understand what star coins do. You can play many spin n go tickets and win massive prizes due to how much you spent in rake.

It's actually disproportionate because you can make back more rake back than you spent if you play solid at the spin n gos and buy many small tickets rather than one big one.

D

doom

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
boy do you understand that 30 cents they took from you is more then 6 cents?

D

doom

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
ou sory for hu on mpn cap is only o,o2

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
ou sory for hu on mpn cap is only o,o2
LOL 2 cent cap? Such a poker room will go bankrupt in no time... Enjoy when it closes down due to bankruptcy and keeps your deposit.

D

doom

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
you are deep in the money you have 3 dollars you are hu with fish he have 3 too you get ,A,A you went all in he call and nice you get 5 ,70 cents on ps but 5,96 on mpn do you understand now

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
you are deep in the money you have 3 dollars you are hu with fish he have 3 too you get ,A,A you went all in he call and nice you get 5 ,70 cents on ps but 5,96 on mpn do you understand now
PS uses that profit to keep going and stay strong, mpn can't cover its expenses and closes down in 3 months filing for bankruptcy unable to pay back your deposit

on top of that the starscoins you gain overall allow you to win back not 1 cent to 1 cent oh not you can win back 7 cents to yoru 1 cent spent if you play enough spin n gos and get high spin wins for the low starcoin cost.

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you want to know about the chests?

D

doom

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
you are from uk so you think that 32 red and betsson sportbook will go bankruptcy ?