Spread it thin or lump it together?

T

TurnipHead

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK, I have a dilemma:
About 5-6 months ago I deposited and topped up my total bankroll to 4 X $500 on four sites (Coral, Heaven, Paddy Power and PKR).

I pretty much play the NL tables with the £25 max buy-in and I have turned it into about a $1000 profit. Trouble is, I really wanna spread my wings and pump another 2 X $500 into party poker and poker stars as well because I really feel I'm missing out on those.

But I just don't know whether this is the right way to go about it. I really like the variety of playing on all these sites but by spreading my bankroll this way I'm kinda chaining myself to these $0.15/$0.25 ($25 max buy-in) tables when part of me says I should move up.

What should I do?

A.) Discard 3 or 4 sites and go for the 2 X $1500-$2000 option which will allow me to go up in levels but leave me with none of the variety of playing at many different sites?

B.) Join Party and Stars, go with the 6 X $500-$800 option, and continue grinding away at the $0.15/$0.25 ($25 max buy in tables)?

Or

C.) Join Party and Stars and go up in levels to the $0.25/$0.50 ($50 max buy-in tables) anyway?

I really would like a suggestion from any experienced players out there who have gone through this decision process so I can make an informed choice.
Thanks.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're playing low limit ring games there's really no need to play at several sites as long as you play at a relatively popular one as there will always be games going, and always be bad players to sit with.

Plus you're missing out on site-specific rewards by spreading your play so thinly. Get rakeback and play on FT, or just play on Stars and take the benefits of their FPP system.

I used to spread my play over half a dozen sites, but after actually thinking about it I couldn't really think of a good reason why. It's a little different if you play MTTs because choice is important, and a certain site may not be offering what you want when you want, but if you're just playing ring games stick to one or two sites max. If you get bored with the 'look' of a site, well many of the main sites support skinning of their tables.

As for moving up, if you've proven you are a winning player, have the bankroll for it, and are confident, go for it! Just be prepared to mave back down if you run badly or if the new level is too much for you (in terms of play quality there is little difference between 25NL and 50NL at most sites though).

A

Allsopp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I do is keep my bankroll in neteller and move it around, whenever necessary. I can keep a nice amount in a site like stars or full tilt to take advantage of their bonuses etc. But I still have a reserve in Neteller for playing a big MTT on another site whenever the occasion creeps up.