D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Like any other GG member, I enjoy and appreciate playing the Daily Freebies.

Of late I noticed some I play against in general seem to concentrate playing the Spin & Golds and have racked up some considerable amount of cash wins. This is viewable on the personal HUDs where you can open up game categories to see an opponents gains (though of course no indication of the total amount invested).

Anyways the point is some members are obviously playing them heavily. However, the general impression I got was that playing such Spin and Gos /Golds was not profitable.

So, can any members offer some insight into the format? Outside of Daily Freebies does anyone concentrate in the Spin & Golds?

If so. do you prefer to play against 3 players or 6 players and could you explain why?

Finally, do you play them on a whim or do you set aside a budget and play them one after another in a Spin & Gold session?

If so (no pressure to answer specifically if you would prefer not to) how many games do you play at what buy in level?

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi! I have never considered this kind of poker a normal game! I only play for free! This is purely a lottery!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi! I have never considered this kind of poker a normal game! I only play for free! This is purely a lottery!

Well, obviously some do not regard them as a lottery.

First. my interest has been peaking as I appear to be fairly successful at them. That said, I never took them seriously as a bona fide earner. Further I have watched the like of Jamie Staples and Finton Hand play Spin and Gos and get their butts handed to them.

However, of late, I have noticed several players have racked up thousands in winnings.

I just wanted to try to get some direct feedback as opposed to my own somewhat casual observation

Aguimonteiro

Aguimonteiro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Of late I noticed some I play against in general seem to concentrate playing the Spin & Golds and have racked up some considerable amount of cash wins. This is viewable on the personal HUDs where you can open up game categories to see an opponents gains (though of course no indication of the total amount invested).

Anyways the point is some members are obviously playing them heavily. However, the general impression I got was that playing such Spin and Gos /Golds was not profitable.

So, can any members offer some insight into the format? Outside of Daily Freebies does anyone concentrate in the Spin & Golds?

If so. do you prefer to play against 3 players or 6 players and could you explain why?

Finally, do you play them on a whim or do you set aside a budget and play them one after another in a Spin & Gold session?

If so (no pressure to answer specifically if you would prefer not to) how many games do you play at what buy in level?

Hi, I play spins on a regular basis, around 6k games per month! Some fun facts about the game style and answering your questions! Normally regs only play 3max, we don't have study/theory for 6max. To get a return on the spins you have to volumize, most regs end up practically tied in the buy-in x prize ratio, you earn money with rakeback, leaderboards, and challenges, and you can only reach those prizes by volumizing!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi, I play spins on a regular basis, around 6k games per month! Some fun facts about the game style and answering your questions! Normally regs only play 3max, we don't have study/theory for 6max. To get a return on the spins you have to volumize, most regs end up practically tied in the buy-in x prize ratio, you earn money with rakeback, leaderboards, and challenges, and you can only reach those prizes by volumizing!

Thanks for the reply, Aguimonteiro!

The first interesting thing is your volume, wow! This is the thing I surmised as some players show such a high total in winnings. They had to be playing a high volume. Furthermore, in general, it is obviously the game they are concentrating on as their earning in other games are less - though the stats that GG Poker give in the HUD regarding Tournaments is hardly functions if at all, but all the other appear correct.

Then the other surprise for me was the regs concentrating on 3 max as opposed to 6 max. I always opt for 6 max as it appears I play them better but I will bow to your superior knowledge and start looking into the 3 max.

Finally, thanks for explaining the volume aspect - that makes perfect sense!

My belief is this - it would appear the type of game some get fascinated with but the majority find too random. I enjoy them because they are obviously short and I concentrate very well, reading opponents quite quickly. then ultimately I find myself checking opposing players stats everytime I play, so obviously my interest is peaked.

I am going to look into this with the idea down the line to play some sessions (very short bursts compared to yours), but to get my feet wet!

Thanks once again and good luck at the tables!

C

CryptoBlood

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I enjoy it also it is much more easy to win spin and gold then battle royale so I enjoy more at spin gold because it is possible to win much bigger amount and it is much more easy to win against 3 users then against many users with which we need to play on battle royale.

Aguimonteiro

Aguimonteiro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the reply, Aguimonteiro!

The first interesting thing is your volume, wow! This is the thing I surmised as some players show such a high total in winnings. They had to be playing a high volume. Furthermore, in general, it is obviously the game they are concentrating on as their earning in other games are less - though the stats that GG Poker give in the HUD regarding Tournaments is hardly functions if at all, but all the other appear correct.

Then the other surprise for me was the regs concentrating on 3 max as opposed to 6 max. I always opt for 6 max as it appears I play them better but I will bow to your superior knowledge and start looking into the 3 max.

Finally, thanks for explaining the volume aspect - that makes perfect sense!

My belief is this - it would appear the type of game some get fascinated with but the majority find too random. I enjoy them because they are obviously short and I concentrate very well, reading opponents quite quickly. then ultimately I find myself checking opposing players stats everytime I play, so obviously my interest is peaked.

I am going to look into this with the idea down the line to play some sessions (very short bursts compared to yours), but to get my feet wet!

Thanks once again and good luck at the tables!

Another thing about playing 3max and not 6max is that we can make more volume playing 3max because the game is faster, it's not the case with gg, but on PS regs prefer to play ultra spin to have more volume!
Last thing about the spin is that there is no icm we only play for chip and v, so our shove range and call range change a lot compared to other modalities!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Another thing about playing 3max and not 6max is that we can make more volume playing 3max because the game is faster, it's not the case with gg, but on PS regs prefer to play ultra spin to have more volume!
Last thing about the spin is that there is no icm we only play for chip and v, so our shove range and call range change a lot compared to other modalities!

Hah! Another thing I did not think about regarding 3 or 6 players - the speed of games played. Obviously when putting in a high volume a critical factor,

Thanks once again for the input.

S

SpaceMage

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

Great posts in this thread.

I have been considering signing up to GG for a time now.

It seems to be a fine site but I'm concerned that it may need a big bankrolls to effectively play Spin & Golds as well as the All-In or Fold games.

Can you have a good play session if you are starting off with a small bankroll?:confused:

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well for one thing never take insurance as this is definitively minus EV.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi,

It seems to be a fine site but I'm concerned that it may need a big bankrolls to effectively play Spin & Golds as well as the All-In or Fold games.

Can you have a good play session if you are starting off with a small bankroll?:confused:

As I noted in the original post, I am just playing the Spin & Golds which you are provided free every day (25 cents) . That said, I have gotten more and more interested in them and obviously wanted to get some advice from someone who specializes (as I could see some players concentrated in them from the onsite HUD).

So first, I would simply sign up and see how you fared playing the Daily Freebie as you have nothing to lose. It might take a little patience to find your feet but it should be worth it. At the moment the Daily Freebies consist of 4 Spin & Golds a week (a $1 on Saturday) and 3 Battle Royals.

I think Aguimonteiro's advice is very good because my calculation was that at the rate I am currently cashing, I would break even so the real profit comes from volume where 'rakeback, leaderboards and challenges' come into the equation.

As I said, just sign up and see how it goes - nothing to lose!

Last edited:
Aguimonteiro

Aguimonteiro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

Everything will depend on your ev chip, but in general 100x the buy in you want to play, that's talking about the micros, in the mid/hi nos the variance is bigger! I've never had a down bigger than 20 buy-is, but there are people who go up to 100 abi down!

S

SpaceMage

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As I noted in the original post, I am just playing the Spin & Golds which you are provided free every day (25 cents) . That said, I have gotten more and more interested in them and obviously wanted to get some advice from someone who specializes (as I could see some players concentrated in them from the onsite HUD).

So first, I would simply sign up and see how you fared playing the Daily Freebie as you have nothing to lose. It might take a little patience to find your feet but it should be worth it. At the moment the Daily Freebies consist of 4 Spin & Golds a week (a $1 on Saturday) and 3 Battle Royals.

I think Aguimonteiro's advice is very good because my calculation was that at the rate I am currently cashing, I would break even so the real profit comes from volume where 'rakeback, leaderboards and challenges' come into the equation.

As I said, just sign up and see how it goes - nothing to lose!

Everything will depend on your ev chip, but in general 100x the buy in you want to play, that's talking about the micros, in the mid/hi nos the variance is bigger! I've never had a down bigger than 20 buy-is, but there are people who go up to 100 abi down!

Thanks for the advice.

I have played this format on 888Poker and pokerstars. How do the GGPoker games rank compared to 888 and PS.

Yea, I am planning to sign-up on Monday.

Can you explain what hands contribute to the All-In or Fold requirement to et the free dollars in the welcome bonus. That is dependant on if you took the free tickets welcome bonus rather than the matched deposit.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Thanks for the advice.

I have played this format on 888Poker and Pokerstars. How do the GGPoker games rank compared to 888 and PS.

Can you explain what hands contribute to the All-In or Fold requirement to et the free dollars in the welcome bonus. That is dependant on if you took the free tickets welcome bonus rather than the matched deposit.

I only play this format at GG so can't answer that question and will leave it for Aguimonteiro. Ditto the welcome bonus.

What I did find interesting when I played today was in the HUDS one player had one $21,000 and another $52,000 in winnings playing Spin & Gold. Now this gives no indication of investment in the games but, even if the figure is not completely accurate certainly underlines some are specializing in this format which is one of the reasons I wanted to open this thread initially. To get a better understanding.

If you do sign up and start playing, please give us an update on your experience - it would be really appreciated!

Aguimonteiro

Aguimonteiro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the advice.

I have played this format on 888Poker and Pokerstars. How do the GGPoker games rank compared to 888 and PS.

Hello good Morning!
About the All-in or fold I can't contribute because I never played, when I joined GG who started my BR was the team I play via transfer between players, so I didn't have these bonuses!
I don't know how the 888 ranking works, in PS to climb the ranking you depend on luck, get a good multiplier and win the match.
At GG the only thing that matters is the volume to go up in the TLB, there is a score for first, second and third place, we always consider the second place score to evaluate the number of games needed to reach the top positions!
For example, those who play $1 make an average of 8 points per game, normally the first player in the table scores 9000/9600 points, something around 1200 games.
But at dawn they have the so-called happy hour, where you score an average of 12 points per game making it easier to climb in the TLB, but the field gets more difficult because there are only regs playing at that time!

Ps: Points change according to buy-in...

S

SpaceMage

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play this format at GG so can't answer that question and will leave it for Aguimonteiro. Ditto the welcome bonus.

What I did find interesting when I played today was in the HUDS one player had one $21,000 and another $52,000 in winnings playing Spin & Gold. Now this gives no indication of investment in the games but, even if the figure is not completely accurate certainly underlines some are specializing in this format which is one of the reasons I wanted to open this thread initially. To get a better understanding.

If you do sign up and start playing, please give us an update on your experience - it would be really appreciated!

Hello good Morning!
About the All-in or fold I can't contribute because I never played, when I joined GG who started my BR was the team I play via transfer between players, so I didn't have these bonuses!
I don't know how the 888 ranking works, in PS to climb the ranking you depend on luck, get a good multiplier and win the match.
At GG the only thing that matters is the volume to go up in the TLB, there is a score for first, second and third place, we always consider the second place score to evaluate the number of games needed to reach the top positions!
For example, those who play $1 make an average of 8 points per game, normally the first player in the table scores 9000/9600 points, something around 1200 games.
But at dawn they have the so-called happy hour, where you score an average of 12 points per game making it easier to climb in the TLB, but the field gets more difficult because there are only regs playing at that time!

Ps: Points change according to buy-in...

Thanks for the reply.

I think I'll stay away from the happy hour while I get used to playing on the platform.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do play Spin and Golds only from freebies.
Same thing for Battle Royale

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I used to play similar hyper-turbo games on Stars (Spin and Gos), and they can definitely be profitable. You have to understand that because of the variance these games require a large bankroll to deal with the swings, but winning your multipliers can lead to increasing your bankroll fast. The blinds are even faster on the Spin and Gold format than on Stars Spin and Gos, but if you study Nash ranges and understand ICM equity in the 6-max versions they can definitely be profitable.

If you're interested in Hyper Turbos I would check out "Git and Sos", "Courtiebee" and "Slayerv1fan" on Twitch to learn the strategy for this format.

Z

zerika

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

I don't have so much time during the week, in this case spin & gold it's like a mother: I can play with 6 oplayers and developing my game a little bit more than with 3, but it's faster to play than a super/hyper tubo tournament...and, in my opinion, with 6 players we can receive better prizes/opportunities.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I used to play similar hyper-turbo games on Stars (Spin and Gos), and they can definitely be profitable. You have to understand that because of the variance these games require a large bankroll to deal with the swings, but winning your multipliers can lead to increasing your bankroll fast. The blinds are even faster on the Spin and Gold format than on Stars Spin and Gos, but if you study Nash ranges and understand ICM equity in the 6-max versions they can definitely be profitable.

If you're interested in Hyper Turbos I would check out "Git and Sos", "Courtiebee" and "Slayerv1fan" on Twitch to learn the strategy for this format.

Thanks for the reply and the recommendations.

Obviously Aguimonteiro has given good advice, but you touching on the 6 max games has me interested as that is what I play exclusively, because I find I play them better.

Will follow up and watch some streams from Courtiebee etc. Thanks!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't have so much time during the week, in this case spin & gold it's like a mother: I can play with 6 oplayers and developing my game a little bit more than with 3, but it's faster to play than a super/hyper tubo tournament...and, in my opinion, with 6 players we can receive better prizes/opportunities.

Again thanks for the reply and underlining (another one!) that the 6max are to be considered. Yup, personally, I prefer them and believe you can pick up information about the opponents a lot easier. That said, as has been mentioned 3max games will be quicker to play and if someone is getting in volume they make sense.

Good stuff. This thread was a little slow to get going at first but I appreciate all the feedback into what I know is a somewhat niche game to focus on.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I do play Spin and Golds only from freebies.
Same thing for Battle Royale

I enjoy Battle Royale but only as a freebie, cash fairly frequently, but could never take it too seriously as it falls into the way too random category.

Fun though when you get to final table occasionally.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I looked at some of your posts/threads and thought I could perhaps provide another insight.
Before I do, my two suggestions are "if it ain't broke don't fix it" and "if you want to fly, you don't flap your arms..you bolt a jet engine onto a barn door." For blackjack, I use Qfit to practice playing and I can run long term simulations under varied conditions. The book "(2nd Ed.), gambling and Statistical Logic" is one of the best I've come across and I've come across many. Another, The Theory of Poker (Chen.) is a good resource as well.
Either buy a decent simulator or "roll your own" that can test the limited scenarios of these games. Excel can help using "Solver" and specific goal seeking situations. If you have this information you can tie in what is required to make and lose money in this game. If roller coasters are not an issue for your stomach (and you will get gut-punched) and you can keep a prevailing cool head you will wind up winning, however, when to get off the coaster is another question.:rolleyes:

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I looked at some of your posts/threads and thought I could perhaps provide another insight.
Before I do, my two suggestions are "if it ain't broke don't fix it" and "if you want to fly, you don't flap your arms..you bolt a jet engine onto a barn door." For blackjack, I use Qfit to practice playing and I can run long term simulations under varied conditions. The book "(2nd Ed.), Gambling and Statistical Logic" is one of the best I've come across and I've come across many. Another, The Theory of Poker (Chen.) is a good resource as well.
Either buy a decent simulator or "roll your own" that can test the limited scenarios of these games. Excel can help using "Solver" and specific goal seeking situations. If you have this information you can tie in what is required to make and lose money in this game. If roller coasters are not an issue for your stomach (and you will get gut-punched) and you can keep a prevailing cool head you will wind up winning, however, when to get off the coaster is another question.:rolleyes:

Again, thanks for the feed back and (cross fertilization of threads!). Sound like some great recommendations -actually downloaded already.

I was patently naive regarding the format though I had picked up on the fact some were specializing so any input is a boon.