Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I just recently started playing a bit of SpeedPoker on the iPoker network (similiar to Rush on FTP or ZOOM on Stars). I needed to grab a handful of points on a couple of networks for some bonus freerolls & seemed like the quickest way to do it.
Something I've noticed was there were a number of them who were 6-tabling, 6-max Speed poker, many of them doing so with 40bb stacks (the min. buyin on those tables). I don't play Zoom or RUSH & am currently 2-tabling these iPoker speed tables & to me it would seem like 6tables of this would be umm.... kinda hard to do? Even if you had them stacked wouldn't 6 be a bit too many? (I mean you're speed folding).

Got me to wondering if some of them are bots. Super small sample so far (3-4 hrs. 2-tabling 6max), but seems to be a pattern for some of them (ie. 3betting BTN raises in BB like 100% of the time, c-betting 100%, giving up turn 100% (after 3-betting from blinds & C-betting).
Also, same player names on there whether it be morning or night my time. These guys are either grinding machines or they just are machines, lol.

Anyways, I've been having a bit of fun with them playing ATC while perusing the lobby & labelling all the ones with 5 or more tables running.

Any thoughts? I read some stuff about bots on iPoker a couple years back but am not up-to-date on any of it now.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I haven't seen any CC members on the 5nl 6max speed tables on iPoker so maybe that's why this thread isn't getting any love?

Seems to be quite a few players who like to buyin for 40bb's & play 5 to 6 speed tables. Maybe none are bots (but some of the play is super predictable).

Just started playing a bit of this (instead of PL O8) to pick up pts. for some special freerolls (ie. the Canadian $2.5k freeroll on Titan, $3k LATM on Titan, & some others on WillHill). I'm becoming addicted (< or does that mean I already am?). Small sample size but am running at better than 50bb/100 which suits me fine while in pursuit for player pts.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Small sample size but am running at better than 50bb/100 which suits me fine while in pursuit for player pts.
Played ~10,000 hands of this now at 22.27bb/100 (in my quest for pts., lol) Finding I still get more points & faster from PLO8 (but maybe it's cuz I'm such a donk at it).

I'm guessing these Speed tables are softer than 'Zoom' is on Stars (but wouldn't know as I haven't played any Zoom & rarely ever play on Stars period).

DonV73

DonV73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I know a guy who has used bots before, and he told me that ipoker sites are full of bots. Seems they don't really have a mechanism against it.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Have seen a few players on these tables who are 10-tabling them.
I'm now playing 4-tables but still think 6+ tables of this is pretty extreme. How do you 10-table Speed poker. Maybe a better question is > Why?

newbie in training

newbie in training

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think one of the reasons why is people want to reach crazy ranks on ps lik supernova also people can play lik bot a lot of the time on bovada and not a lot of people are going to pick up on that on ps with the huge player pools of zoom especially in th low stakes