Can someone tell me where to set up a tourny?

A

AbsAd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Some 31 guys I know and I want to play a very simple tournament online but are unsure where to play. Which site will work best for us. Most of us are just fish and know little of the online poker world.

Here's what we want from a site:
-holdem
-Play money (we'll play real games after the tourney is over and I see who is around my level)
-heads up
-I'd prefer a site where I can just use java but will download if necessary.
- games that last, on average, 30 minutes. I'm thinking 50/100 with 3000 starting chips
-I'd also want to begin each round with each player starting with the same # of chips. I suppose we could just double the starting amount each time as a natural progression, but I'd prefer not to get into games that last hours. It's just a simple, fun tournament w/friends I'm looking for.

Anyway, thanks in advance for your help.

hank

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, you have lots of requirements for a bunch of new guys to online poker. I think the play money thing will be the sticking point for most places. Sorry I can't be of more help, but I think you need to loosen up your requirements some if you really want to do this online.

Maybe others have a better insight.

pokerrqueenn

pokerrqueenn

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don't know of any way i can help you but oh how i love fish.........;)

A

AbsAd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I suppose I don't need all the requirements.

It does have to be play money (so we can play for real money with guys at our level) for this first round.

Anybody? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

Must haves:

Play money
Heads up holdem

The rest are debatable.

pokerrqueenn

pokerrqueenn

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don know any where you can set up your own play money tourney. all the sites want real money

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker.com you can setup your own Real Money games,, But,Play Money, I Doubt it, dont think you can do that on any site, i could be wrong though.. GL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> buck:cool:

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There may be a way. We have our very own tame poker site owner. See this thread:

[old link~tb]

Martin could probably set up a private freeroll or points tourney that would fit most of your requirements. Whether he would want to I don`t know. It is his business, after all. You`d have to ask him. If you are serious about also wanting to deposit and play real money games, make that clear. That should take care of most objections.

You don`t say where you are. Unfortunately, Martin`s site is one of those which can`t accept American players.

Last edited by a moderator:
Poker Tells