Skill level at certain buy-ins

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played a bunch of SnGs on Titan; from $1 up to $20 and find that the level of play at every one is pretty poor.
$1 - Like a freeroll; crazy all ins for no reason
$2 - Like a freeroll, though at least they know what a pot sized bet is
$5 - They know the basics, but you still see all in calls with any suited cards, Ax or PPs
$10 - A little better, but still 1/2 of them are donks from the lower levels
$20 (regular) - Decent play, but if it weren't for bad luck I'd bet any cardschatter could take them down every time
$20 (Rio Jackpot) - I only played a few last night, and the players were either very tight-passive or were at about my skill level (solid, but have their weaknesses). The play was pretty good and if it wasn't for the quick blind structure to ensure nobody winning the jackpot off of skill, they'd be decent games.

I was wondering if anybody's played the $50 $100 or $200s there, and what they thought the level of play was like.
I'm wondering if that "play one SnG and use the winnings for the next SnG's buyin" will be worth it or if I'll just get murdered at those levels, or if their actually not as bad (or good) as I think they would be?

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't played above a $10 game, but your list looks about right as for the higher levels as me old mum always says "there's only one way your going to find out" :)

Im trying to play more SnGs as the standard in cash games as well bad runs you hit are not good for the nerves :):)

Usually make the money in about 75% of games.

IanT

~~Shelynn~~

~~Shelynn~~

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL...Chuck I can't afford to get past the $20 buy in. I lucked out and got a 2nd place. I've found that out to with playing different $ buy-ins,but sometimes a $1 game has been better than the $20 one. A friend of mine plays the $50-200 games at Paradise has done quite well,said sometimes he plays on week-ends late at night and you have still someone will go all in hoping just to catch the pot. That's mainly all he plays in buy-ins,said he played the other night for 4 hours and ended up 2nd with getting $850 for it. Like I said I don't get past $20 and don't play then to much. Hope I helped a little bit Chuck.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah same with me...i've got a decent bankroll, but not one thats nearly big enough for even the $50 - especially if i go on a losing streak. $20 is even a little steep for me
I'm just afraid of going up there and then even losing one would mean a big hit to my bankroll, but as of late i haven't been able to break the lower limit ones ( too many badbeats!!!:mad::mad: )
thanks for the input guys

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I've won some $50 buy-ins at Paradise Poker (I know, you're asking about Titan, but I've not played those there). I've won a few. But, I was playing those when I was a big-time newbie--really had no business being there, so I'm willing to wager that if I looked back on those games, I was mostly lucky in those.

Chuck, I'm willing to bet you can hack it at that level.

T

Threesixes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Titan has a $30 Berlin 6 player SNG

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
howd i overlook those...
whats the play like at those, 36s?

T

Threesixes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its good, but I think the play at the $20 tables is good too most of the time. I can usually make more money playing the turbo $10s because they dont last very long and sometimes they just give their money away.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
played a 6 player SnG on Titan a couple of weeks ago. One player went all-in first 4 hands - took 2 people out on suckouts, then sat out. Whilst he was sat out, one of the other players went all in, post flop 4 or 5 times into $100 or so pots. Then chummy came back and went all in again for another 8 or so hands, before I had a decent hand which luckily held up. Got rid of the last 2 to win pretty quick. This was a $50 buy-in (Fort Knox $50 = $7 (Seven!)). I've played 2 $50's at Titan and 1 $100 (actually at Noble) and won them all, but I haven't got the money to keep playing them. Titan has the worst players on the net, but they are repeatledly bailed out by their equalisation program, so it's not easy to win consistently.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Rob, haven't played many SNG's at Titan lately but would have to disagree with your view that they are the worst players, Party, Pacific, King Solomon all to come to mind as sites with worse players. pokerstars certainly has better players but it seems to me I am consistently losing with best hand there, even more often than Titan. Have to admit though that I haven't played PS consistently enough lately to prove anything, but the feeling is strong enough that I usually go to other sites & make a profit.

AnnoDomino

AnnoDomino

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rob

what is titan's 'equalisation program'?

anno

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I think it's common sense that the more the buy-in is, the more smarter the players play. If they are going to invest $20 or more in a tournament, you would think they wouldn't play crazy or stupid. If it's a buck or more, they figure it's only a few dollars and play their cards stupidly.