bullishwwd

bullishwwd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't play on Ultimate Bet or Carbon. Are these sites worth joining? Why or why not join them? How is best way to go about joining them, esp with regard to "rake" back. I have been member at FullTilt and pokerstars for awhile and do not receive the rackback from them.

If I join Carbon and Ultimate Bet, how is best way? Appreciate feedback. Thanks, Wally:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it's worth it as there are weekly CC freerolls and money added buy-ins on both sites.

You mentioned rakeback - I'd go to any rakeback site (check by google) and see what they offer.

Download the carbon and ub software with the provided links.

Don't forget to add your site-nicks in your user cp here at CC.

I find both carbon and ub being a bit softer (looking at micros) than the major sites.

Tourneys and stts don't fill up as fast as there, though.

Less volume in players most naturaly.

jjbish

jjbish

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Carbon is definately hit and miss with game selcetion.Some days lots of peeps will be on, and other not so much.

UB has good NL, stt, and mtt traffic. You also have smaller mine fields to clear with MTT's for sure on UB.

RB at both sites is contributed method, and you also earn less VIP points at Carbon if you have RB. Bonuses are deducted for MGR at UB, and I can't recall if that's so at Carbon.

The best thing you can do is look at the bigger RB sites and see if they have any rake races/chases and/or other promotions for the sites. My RB provider for UB has chases, races, and monthly freerolls. So that's some added value. I also get free DC for MGR over $500 a month.

Another thing to consider is payments. Carbon has at times been slow. I've always received them, but sometimes slower than others. On UB, my ewallet cashouts are usually the next morning. Checks by non courier method averages 4 days. And WU cashout I've had cash in hand in 2-3 hours after requesting. So that's a great big plus imo.

Hope this helps. Let me know if there are any questions you may have and I'll try to help.

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was thinking of joining these sites recently aswell. Now I have decided not to just yet, I am going to wait until I am playing higher stakes (25NL at least). This way I will have a larger amount to put in for their first deposit bonus and I will be able to clear the lot with ease. I think these bonuses are really worth going for rather than just depositing say $50 and maybe not even clearing that while playing super micro stakes...

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also only play on FTP and Stars, and have thought about joining other rooms to expand my horizons. I was wondering does carbon accept USA players? AND can you play in the CC freerolls without ever depositing on those sites?

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I also only play on FTP and Stars, and have thought about joining other rooms to expand my horizons. I was wondering does carbon accept USA players? AND can you play in the CC freerolls without ever depositing on those sites?

Yes and yes.

illphillllllll

illphillllllll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its good to have a few different sites, each site has its pros/cons and selection is always nice. if you download thru cardschat you will be supporting the forum that supplies you with great games. no need to deposit yet, always try the site out first in my opinion. you may be able to build your bankroll thru freerolls which means when you do decide to deposit you will have all the extra money in your bankroll to help you comp out a bonus. hope to see you all at the games.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are Carbon and UB the only sites CC has games on?
And jjbish mentioned with less vip points and bonuses being deducted from MGR (what is MGR and DC?) so is RB always a good thing to try to get, or is it dependent on how high stakes you play or whatever?
I have an account at FT but no RB, does anyone know if it is attainable after signing up? I am pretty sure I downloaded the software direct from FT site and not through an affiliate, but I did use a bonus code. (sorry to deviate from the thread, but I am thinking of joining Carbon and UB for CC game play, and since RB was discussed above as well......) And if I sign up through CC can I still apply for RB?

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Are Carbon and Ultimatebet the only sites CC has games on?
And jjbish mentioned with less vip points and bonuses being deducted from MGR (what is MGR and DC?) so is RB always a good thing to try to get, or is it dependent on how high stakes you play or whatever?
I have an account at FT but no RB, does anyone know if it is attainable after signing up? I am pretty sure I downloaded the software direct from FT site and not through an affiliate, but I did use a bonus code. (sorry to deviate from the thread, but I am thinking of joining Carbon and Ultimatebet for CC game play, and since RB was discussed above as well......) And if I sign up through CC can I still apply for RB?

Regarding RB issues - try here: [removed old links/broken images~tb]
RB is always a good thing to have - at any stake.

If you sign up through CC then the forum will be your affiliate - this is how part of the freerolls and buy-ins are financed.

I for my part signed up at carbon with the CC link on pupose so that CC gets my RB since I'm not really planning to deposit there anyhow (got 200$ there already).

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kendiking

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think u should join Carbon. This site is becoming one of my favorites.
After signing up just to go into the team tourneys, I find they have great freerolls (which I usually dislike). I have finished 3rd and 4th in their $500 New Player freerolls, which only get about 150 entries. Their $1 tourneys also get about 150 entries, which is a far cry from sites which get hundreds more. (eg PS)
Also like the smilies.

Lafayette2

Lafayette2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Carbon has a Twitter Freeroll. Averages 600 people every week with a twitter account. The also have usual $50 freeroll every four hours starting at 8:00. They are a good site but around 6000- 8000 people on at the most.

woody19

woody19

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 be fair i havent even seen 6-8 thousand ppl on ever lol most i have seen is like 4-5 thousand lol