Rush Poker how long does it take to get the badge?

Cheese

Cheese

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've already earned 50 ftps playing rush poker, some of them during happy hour but still I never got my rush poker badge. I hate rush poker, and only played it to get the badge. Is there a certain amount of time it takes for the system to update?

billdogg

billdogg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It shows when you hit 50 pts the previous month, so it should show up next month.

Cheese

Cheese

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ah, okay. So you need 50 points every month to maintain it?

R

RVladimiro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Badges, achievements and other stuff are quite hype for replayability in any game nowadays.

Cheese

Cheese

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ended up profiting while playing rush poker, and I'll never play it again since it is harder to get reads on your opponents. I like playing a table with the same players, so I can observe how they play and exploit their weaknesses.

I'm trying to get all 4 badges, as I believe some players will give me more respect, and fold more often to bluffs. I like to bluff a lot.

seanDCFC

seanDCFC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, thats how to get respect at the tables. The people with all the badges are the best players on Full Tilt, everyone knows this. :rolleyes:

brank

brank

Back in!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is an option so that you dont see the badges on a players icon and Im sure a lot of people have it set that way. I know I do.

Cheese

Cheese

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is an option so that you dont see the badges on a players icon and Im sure a lot of people have it set that way. I know I do.

Yeah I know, but isn't it better to show them if you have all the badges? (or even more then 1)

brank

brank

Back in!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You missunderstood. If you are showing a badge I wont be able to see it.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always hide my status on stars and full tilt when i played there, i dont think you'll get anymore respect for having them, people dont want to play with better people so i think it'd be worse for you. I keep them off so people think im a fish

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hid all but the "True Player" badge (the one you get for playing a single hand or w/e). I let others see that one. I turned them all off from my display. I don't think badges tell a single thing about a player so they just got in the way of the HUD.

Cheese

Cheese

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always hide my status on stars and full tilt when i played there, i dont think you'll get anymore respect for having them, people dont want to play with better people so i think it'd be worse for you. I keep them off so people think im a fish

Exactly they don't want to play better people, so they might get intimidated.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think anyone gets intimidated by anything in the micros - especially not by the badges.
But that's just my opinion (I never look at the badges).

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I turn my Badges On/Off, that just depends on where and who im playing at the time.

Cheese

Cheese

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think anyone gets intimidated by anything in the micros - especially not by the badges.
But that's just my opinion (I never look at the badges).

I disagree. I'm a tournament player, and since I got my "academy badge" I've found a difference in the way players play against me(giving me more respect). The respect thing is only for when you play against the non-regulars....they look at the badges and get intimidated.

T

thejuanupsman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I disagree. I'm a tournament player, and since I got my "academy badge" I've found a difference in the way players play against me(giving me more respect). The respect thing is only for when you play against the non-regulars....they look at the badges and get intimidated.

I seriously doubt this is anything beyond selective perception.

T

thejuanupsman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exactly they don't want to play better people, so they might get intimidated.

This might make sense if there was any correlation between earning badges and playing well.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Badges, achievements and other stuff are quite hype for replayability in any game nowadays.

^ this. E-peen FTW.

The silly thing is that in video gaming achievements are the way a lot of people measure how successful they are in comparison to others. In poker though we've got this little thing called real money that does the same thing for us. Slapping an achievement system on the top of it is pointless, though I'm glad to see in this thread that it's working in terms of getting people to play games they're no good at just to get a silly badge.

S

ShaneD

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The respect thing is only for when you play against the non-regulars....they look at the badges and get intimidated.
^ LMAO, apologies for the unconstructive comment but thats just funny, you get one badge for playing a single hand, another for playing rush poker for an hour ( micro's), one for completing 3 academy challenges, and some of them a ridiculous and the last one for making iron man, which to be fair can be difficult but has absolutely no bearing on the quality of someones play? I didnt think anybody put any pass on the badges, clearly i was wrong.:p

marvingubba

marvingubba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Badges? We don't need no stinking badges.

These have never made any sense to me. Pointless.

I've already earned 50 ftps playing rush poker, some of them during happy hour...
I'm sure that FTP earned during happy hour do not count towards earning these.