Rakeback R.I.P :(

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been playing online for well over 10 years now and I can remember when I started 90% of poker sites gave players Rakeback.
poker stars gave 30% which seemed the norm those days, it all started to change when PS got rid of RB and started their own, nowhere near as good scheme. At least Full Tilt kept on giving 30% RB for a few years.
I used to play at a site called WPE, where I got 80% to start with and great weekly tourneys.
Then there was my fav Cryptological Network, which included william hill, Sun Poker, Littlewoods Poker, 888 Poker and numerous others. They all offered 30% RB and a monthly £100 bonus which was not hard to achieve.
Over the years poker site after poker site has got rid of RB, in the last couple of years the only site I played with RB was betfair, which also gave a monthly bonus.
Last month they announced the ending of their RB to be replaced by the usual rubbish and also stopped their monthly bonus as well :(
Of course this is partly caused by the amount of poker players shrinking or the growth levelling out, but instead of giving players better deals and reasons to play, the sites seem to be determined to squeeze every penny they can out of their diminishing clientele.
Of course most of us here on CC will carry on playing for the love of the game, but the sites do not help themselves.
There may be a few places I do not know about which still give RB but as far as I am concerned it is Rakeback RIP, which is sad.

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. not to disagree but you are a few years late to the party =)
2. talking about party....

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Party Poker and AKP still have a reibek, but given the development trends of online poker rooms, there will be no reibeck in the near future.
Well, I did hear that more rake is better
You need to understand what the person said, not because he thinks so, but because he needs to protect the strategy of the poker room.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what are you talking about?
Betfair is the best ipoker site to play right now with their rewards.
They did change a couple of things but I still get flat 35% RB

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rakeback on Betfair finished at the end of last month. They now have a VIP program which is not Rakeback.
They have also stopped their monthly bonus last month.

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Americas Cardroom has 27% rakeback.

Yup Yup. They enroll everyone in their "Elite Rewards" by default. Send an email to ACR support requesting to switch to 27% rakeback. DO IT NOW!. lol. The elite rewards is a better deal if you can manage General rank or higher. If you're in the 98% that don't....
Do a google search for ACR elite rewards vs rakeback and you'll find - with minimal digging- some good information with solid real number examples and comparisons.
Bottom line..... If you even consider taking the time to play a freeroll. You want rakeback.

Last edited:
U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I agree. It seems the rake back is going to commercial. You have to go to other sites to rake back. ACR has a few of them there that have weekly freerolls on the site. I like intertops.eu. Thier rake back isn't very fast but it does give something back and it does have a 1000 dollar monthly freeroll everyone who deposited that month can be in.

qRock

qRock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10 years ago it was possible to get more than 100% rakeback (including bonuses) and there were very good conditions for regulars. Now the politics of the rooms has changed and only hopes for temporary promotional offers.

Lucky Alalk

Lucky Alalk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yup Yup. They enroll everyone in their "Elite Rewards" by default. Send an email to ACR support requesting to switch to 27% rakeback. DO IT NOW!. lol. The elite rewards is a better deal if you can manage General rank or higher. If you're in the 98% that don't....
Do a google search for ACR elite rewards vs rakeback and you'll find - with minimal digging- some good information with solid real number examples and comparisons.
Bottom line..... If you even consider taking the time to play a freeroll. You want rakeback.
Is it still better to switch to rakeback even if I like to play tournaments?
btw I sent an email to support for details,will post response later.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker sites still have loyalty and/or reward programs, they just rarely call them rakeback any more. On 888 Poker for instance, they give away freeroll tickets etc. to everyone for just logging on to the site daily, and as you pay rake, you collect gold tokens, which can be changed to cash, when you have 1.000 of them. This is essentially just rakeback with a different name.

I am sure, everything was better in 2005, but 2005 is not coming back for a million different reasons. And while less (effektive) rake is obviously, what we want as players, we also want poker sites to have money to keep the site safe, to update their software etc. So some kind of balance must be found.

That being said everyone is free to shop for the best deals, and as long as people continue to play tournaments on Stars for much higher effective rake than anywhere else, its incredibly naive to think, Stars is going to lower their tournament rake.

Lucky Alalk

Lucky Alalk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker sites still have loyalty and/or reward programs, they just rarely call them rakeback any more. On 888 poker for instance, they give away freeroll tickets etc. to everyone for just logging on to the site daily, and as you pay rake, you collect gold tokens, which can be changed to cash, when you have 1.000 of them. This is essentially just rakeback with a different name.

I am sure, everything was better in 2005, but 2005 is not coming back for a million different reasons. And while less (effektive) rake is obviously, what we want as players, we also want poker sites to have money to keep the site safe, to update their software etc. So some kind of balance must be found.

That being said everyone is free to shop for the best deals, and as long as people continue to play tournaments on Stars for much higher effective rake than anywhere else, its incredibly naive to think, Stars is going to lower their tournament rake.

I appreciate your reply,but my question was about ACR, because I located in usa and cant play pokerstars etc. :(

Lucky Alalk

Lucky Alalk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Got a respond from ACR support:
lease note that Elite Benefits is the default rewards program. You can only be enrolled in one program, so it is either one or the other. If you go rakeback you will not accumulate points for the Elite program.
In case you are not familiar with Elite, you can find the information here:
http://www.americascardroom.eu/online-poker-promotions/poker-elite-benefits/

We also offer a rakeback program.
The Rakeback period starts every Monday at 12:00:00 ET and runs until Sunday at 11:59:59.
Your rakeback payment will be calculated as follows:
[(Ring Rake + Tournament Fees) - (Bonus Earned out)] * 27%
So the 27% is based on the previous calculation formula
http://www.rakeback.com/americas-cardroom/

Also, please note you can request the change from Elite to Rakeback. The change will take around seventy-two hours to be reflected in your end, Once in rakeback you can go back to Elite, but that will be the last change allowed.
If you agree with the above, please let us know and confirm your login name so we can proceed and request your change of program.

Kind Regards, We would also like to invite you to check more info on our upcoming Venom tourney. It's a multi-day tourney that guarantees $1 Million to the first-place winner. Check out more info on this link:

https://www.americascardroom.eu/online-poker-promotions/the-venom/
Make your way to it through our Step tourneys running daily!