722Wade722

722Wade722

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation or may know what, if anything can be done.

My Dad passed away a few years ago and he started playing on pokerstars in the early 2000s. I don’t know if he even played for real money and I don’t recall 100% his username (I have a good idea what it could be but it was 20 years ago).

Given that its my dad I of course know and have all his particulars (name, D.O.B., address etc.). I was wondering if PS would be able to look into his account and see if there may be a cash balance as I’d rather it not just sit there forever but I’m also not sure if there’s much that can be done, and if that’s the case it’s ok too. (To be clear I don’t need the $s, there’s just no point of it sitting there if there is a balance)
Thanks in advance.

722Wade722

722Wade722

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I’m pretty sure it’s a reach out to their support in this case, just need to know/prep if there may be anything required other than possible (and obvious) verification.

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
First, I'm sorry for your loss...

I believe the best way to resolve this is to contact support and they will be able to guide you to the best solution.

Another point would be for you to try to recover the password if you have access to the email your father has registered on ps.
Anyway, good luck with your attempt.

722Wade722

722Wade722

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
First, I'm sorry for your loss...

I believe the best way to resolve this is to contact support and they will be able to guide you to the best solution.

Another point would be for you to try to recover the password if you have access to the email your father has registered on ps.
Anyway, good luck with your attempt.
Thanks for the reply, I’m going to reach out later today. It’s possible I may know the email but he had a few, the password I definitely wouldn’t know, he used very difficult ones (he was a technician in electrical engineering and was very protection aware lol).

I’m pretty sure there’s no money on it, it was back in the .net days, we mostly played live games and just did play money on PS but who knows.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Sorry to hear and I also think the Pokerstars support might help you out the best.

One more idea, I can offer is to look up the potentially usernames on sharkscope.com.

It's a database of real money poker tournament results. If you find him there, you should be able to see if and what amounts he played. :)

722Wade722

722Wade722

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Sorry to hear and I also think the Pokerstars support might help you out the best.

One more idea, I can offer is to look up the potentially usernames on sharkscope.com.

It's a database of real money poker tournament results. If you find him there, you should be able to see if and what amounts he played. :)
Thanks will do, I did reach out to support and sent a inquiry to the legal/tax team. I do know the username so I will definitely give it a try! Appreciate the reply.

722Wade722

722Wade722

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ok, thanks everyone for your help and input. In the case anyone else needs info related(hopefully not) I’m pasting the response from PS:

Hello Wade,
We're very sorry for your loss.

We've found the account on our system. As part of our routine security review, before taking any action with the balance in the account, we'll need the following documents:

• Death certificate
  • Government-issued photo ID (from the executor or appointed administrator of the deceased's estate).
  • Grant of representation from the executor or appointed administrator of the deceased's estate.
Please scan or take digital photos of these and send them to us by replying to this message.

If you have any questions, just let us know.

EnzoRS94

EnzoRS94

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Ok, thanks everyone for your help and input. In the case anyone else needs info related(hopefully not) I’m pasting the response from PS:

Hello Wade,
We're very sorry for your loss.

We've found the account on our system. As part of our routine security review, before taking any action with the balance in the account, we'll need the following documents:

• Death certificate
  • Government-issued photo ID (from the executor or appointed administrator of the deceased's estate).
  • Grant of representation from the executor or appointed administrator of the deceased's estate.
Please scan or take digital photos of these and send them to us by replying to this message.

If you have any questions, just let us know.
Send them the files, and they will send you a link to reset the password.