PS SCOOP: How do phase tournaments work?

ramorleans

ramorleans

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi All,

Can someone please explain to me how this tournament works? There's a lot of phase and I couldn't understand the structure.

I appreciate the help!

Attachments

• Scoop.jpg
    Scoop.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 20
Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It's similar to a satellite.

The main difference is that all phase 1 tournaments do not have a number of guaranteed seats for the phase 2 tournament but end after a certain amount of levels, I think around 14 levels.

If you survive until the mentioned level, you qualify to the phase 2 tournament and take your stack with you. So in the phase 2 tournament, everyone will start with a different amount of chips, depending how many he had left at the end of phase 1.

Hope that helps.

ramorleans

ramorleans

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So the phase 2 is the main event? or another stepping stone for the main event?

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Yes, phase 2 is the target tournament with 500K GTD.

Although it is different from the overall main event of SCOOP.

ramorleans

ramorleans

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can see that there are multiple events for the M series. So just in case I survive today and choose to play for another phase 1 tomorrow and survive again, are they going to combine all my remaining chips?

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Honestly, I'm not sure about that. My guess would be you can't but I'm not sure. It should be explained somewhere in the structure tab.

ramorleans

ramorleans

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you, will explore more.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In essence, it can be seen as a two-day tournament, only the first day seems to be held many times.
The good thing is that if you can't stay in the game in Phase 1 until the blind levels run out you can try until you fail(this is 14 blind levels at $2 in Low, 16 blind levels at $11 in Medium, and High $55 18 blind level).
The point is to survive the blind levels with as many chips as possible so that you can enter the Phase 2 tournament with the best chances.
Good luck!

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you probably realized that this is a 2-phase tournament, just try to score a lot of chips in the first phase so that you enter stage 2 with a lot of chips and they will help you win the tournament because if you have few chips, it makes almost no sense to get to stage 2

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So the phase 2 is the main event? or another stepping stone for the main event?
No. The phase tournaments are just three among many events and not the ones labeled "main events". As others have explained they are basically just 2-day events, where you can play day 1 multible times. The idea of this format is, it allow people to play phase 1, whenever its convenient for them, and as many times, as it takes to qualify for phase 2. And therefore poker sites can create a large price pool with a small buyin.

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I love this phase tournaments, because when u reach phase 2 with a good stack, u r almost in the money... ;)

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
try , try and try again ....if you can afford it !

RhinoRyan89

RhinoRyan89

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Fire bullets until you get a stack very close to the average of the day 2 field preferable above.

So you actually have a chance in the day 2 pointless getting in on a unplayable stack.

In my opinion yeah there's all that chip and a chair but there very rare.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love this phase tournaments, because when u reach phase 2 with a good stack, u r almost in the money... ;)
On pokerstars you are usually in the money, once you have reached phase 2. So should you be unable to play phase 2, you will at least min-cash. And at the same time the end of phase 1 is then also the bubble :)

lacroir

lacroir

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I can see that there are multiple events for the M series. So just in case I survive today and choose to play for another phase 1 tomorrow and survive again, are they going to combine all my remaining chips?
Once you have survived one Phase 1 Tournament, you are not able to register to any other Phase 1 anymore. Even if you are stuck with 1 Chip, you will advance to Phase 2 with your stack.

More information here, worth a read: Link [PS]

TL;DR from the link:
Phased tournaments allow for multiple entries into the first phases. For example, if you play Phase 1 and are eliminated, you may enter another Phase 1 and start again at the beginning. You cannot qualify for the next round more than once, so if you survive Phase 1, you will then be unable to enter another Phase 1 leading to the same Phase 2. Note that if you survive Phase 1 with even one chip, you will still advance to Phase 2, and will not be able to play another Phase 1.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
No they won't combine it. If you advance to Phase 2 more than once , you take the higher finishing stacks to phase 2.

Edit. Oh just saw lacroir comment, apparently they changed that to one entry.
At least that's how it used to be.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
On PokerStars you are usually in the money, once you have reached phase 2. So should you be unable to play phase 2, you will at least min-cash. And at the same time the end of phase 1 is then also the bubble :)
Not necessarily true.
I played a phase event of the WCOOP and I had to survive some ranks to get ITM in phase 2
Not many though and was totally worth it.
5,50$ Investment , 120$ won in phase 2

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not necessarily true.
I played a phase event of the WCOOP and I had to survive some ranks to get ITM in phase 2
Not many though and was totally worth it.
5,50$ Investment , 120$ won in phase 2
It could be different from event to event. I did not specifically read, what is stated in the lobby of this one. I already qualified for phase 2 of the "low" event, so I guess, I will find out in a month time or so :)

B

BournemouthBay85

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Hi, can anyone tell me if my about
220,000 in M
300,000 in L
Is any good for phase 2 start?