PS reduced feilds

Hambone8705

Hambone8705

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I posted a few days ago that PS has decreased the entrants of there astronomer freerolls to 5000. THAT I LIKED! Today I played in the 5:00 $2.50 + .25($7,500 garaunteed) tourney and it also capped out at 5000! THIS I DID NOT LIKE! Thats a max prize pool of $12,500. I had previously seen this tourney get up to 17k-18k more than a few times!!! First place got $1600, I had seen this over 2k. I don't understand why PS would reduce the field of tourneys like this. The more people that play, the more money they make correct? So why reduce the number of people that are willing to pay you to play on purpose? I just don't get it.

isaac

isaac

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ah well what can you do besides right a letter of complaint to the staff of poker stars? Why bother with the freerolls anyways? It is nearly impossible to place in the top 64 or whatever so you might as well not waste five hours on that.

I wish FUll tilt would do the same, but surprisingly they went the other direction and decided to increase the amount of players in their freerolls by over 200%.