PS doesnt allow sharkscope, but i didnt know that.

B

bigboi26

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i heard going on sharkscope isnt allowed with PS. what would happen if i visited sharkscope while i had PS running? i like to look at the leaderboards and mess around on it, as well as check myself. so would they know i visited it?

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think they used to monitor what sites you visited periodically when you had pokerstars open, but people complained about the privacy factor. So not sure exactly how they enforce it now.

PokerStars used a “periodic query to Windows” in order to ascertain whether someone with the PokerStars software open was also connected to SharkScope. Those who had both running received “warning e-mails.” As expected, an online poker room that monitors what other programs are open on a player’s computer besides PokerStars generated a harsh response. In turn, PokerStars changed abruptly its policy: “Consequently, even though PokerStars does not monitor players' internet browsing habits, we have decided to disable and completely remove this feature of our software to avoid even the slightest perception of privacy breaches.”

To be clear, SharkScope is still prohibited while the PokerStars software is running. In the e-mail sent to concerned PokerStars members, Stars claimed, “SharkScope will remain a prohibited service... We ask that players do not use it at all in conjunction with PokerStars - the website, the HUD, or any other future tools that they might develop.” PokerStars announced that it would instead turn its enforcement efforts to making it difficult for SharkScope to obtain the results of sit and go tournaments. The IP-based enforcement tool is now all but a memory. PokerStars told PokerSoftware.com that "whether you are in a game or not, you may not visit the SharkScope web page if the PokerStars client is loaded."

Last edited: