Is pokerstar stuck in the swamp?

O

oskarsbaumanis2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
they even have a hard time finding something nice for us lately.

is there some issues or incompatible pokerstars environment that we don't know about or is it some disease that pokerstars gets over time!

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
They are not just 'stuck' there ^ ... :unsure:

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The MOST successful online poker site of ALL time... and one that has lasted the test of time.
Try taking a look back 15years when there were many sites killing it. The one that lasted, forged through more difficult times while becoming a monopoly at one point (for a long stretch) & is worth multiple BILLIONS of dollars! And because they're not offering Cardschat some daily (weekly & monthly) freerolls at the moment... 'they are stuck'? I'd suggest otherwise.

Maybe others haven't noticed that Pokerstars has completely re-vamped their Rewards Program (which in the past was the beginning of their downfall)??

Or that they still have the number one online poker series with WCOOP & SCOOP which are just HUGELY popular.

Personally I think if they made a move at lowering rake in micros & low stakes MTTs, & SnGs, they'd begin to close the gap with GGPoker.

Of every site I play on, I feel the most comfortable with the security of Pokerstars site over the others. (they are even willing to invest time in investigating freerollers for cheating allegations. What other site would even consider doing this?)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
What business have you been able to build up and sell for $4.9 BILLION ? (freerolls don't count)

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Sir, I really like the little news from your presentation, continue and may skill and luck always accompany you! +EV to your home).At the tables there is setup after setup.The more you lose, the better your card. In the end you will leave everything behind. Everything is set up and arranged.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I don't quite understand what you are referring to. My thoughts on the topic you propose could be about the recent changes in pokerstar or maybe you are in a bad streak and you find that pokerstar is attacked in a swamp. My thoughts are that it is making changes that sometimes For several people it is bad without seeing the results. I think for the moment I am adapting and hoping that new things turn out well and attract my attention.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Of every site I play on, I feel the most comfortable with the security of Pokerstars site over the others. (they are even willing to invest time in investigating freerollers for cheating allegations. What other site would even consider doing this?)
Nobody ! Only PS is that batshitcrazy.
I loved PS for 15 years . Now they can suck it :)

And they don't prove anything . Somewhere a self proclaimed King Louis is sitting at PS decides at will what to do with a ridiculous case of potential soft play

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I think they have slowly gone to hell ever since they were sold. They are a shadow of their former selves. Now of course things change and many countries are now banned due to poker laws so I'll give them that, but the constant techinal nightmares and the recent removing freerolls to entice new players is not a good sign.... having said that I used to run a couple tourneys there back in the day and if they let me play there again I'd probably do the same thing all over again 😎👍

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Less freerolls and more bad beats. They are slowly losing my vote.

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Pokerstars is not like before! Guess all good days already gone for them.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
They are taking a page out of 888's playbook

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240125-194825.png
    Screenshot_20240125-194825.png
    202.7 KB · Views: 6
R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And it is not only pokerstars. Just look at what a difference a year makes with the freeroll situation on ACR.

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yes, I think he took a wrong turn. I don't need a big story in a long journey through MTT tournaments, I want to play a little and close the game, and all these tickets are very boring.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that their management isn't good at all for past years, im talking about many years... Instead of adding more fun for the players they constantly decrease number of options. I havent played cash at PS for a long time but heard that they limited number of tables you can play, also the old "bronze to supernova elite" type of ladder was nice... In past good player was some star at the pokerstars, today majority of players are just grey mass. You're not a star at the pokerstars.

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Pokerstars are not the same anymore. there have been no normal promotions for a long time (( these tickets are shoved left and right((

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Pokerstars is just doing something new now they are trying to improve their poker site and I think in the future they will succeed after a long time they started doing something now and it will work in the near future online there will grow a lot and people will start loving this poker site again

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
they limited number of tables you can play,
this ^ was implemented over 4 years ago

also the old "bronze to supernova elite" type of ladder was nice... In past good player was some star at the pokerstars, today majority of players are just grey mass. You're not a star at the pokerstars.

Have you read any of the recent news in Jan.2024 re: Pokerstars Rewards program? (tldr: they're bringing back a rewards program that is very similar to the old one where players can receive rakeback of 50-60% at the highest tier levels and all rakeback will be an exact amount (not some made up amount in some mystery chest)

fwiw, there's a large number of Top HSMTT tournament pros playing on Pokerstars these days.