PokerRoom rake at 10NL

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Total posts
Chips
... is frickin' ridiculous!

I just popped into one of these rooms to practice lagging it up - always fun pwning noobs - and was shocked to see the amount of rake that was taken. Here are my stats for the session (3-5 handed):

10nlprrakekk8.jpg

OK so I ended up losing 2/3 of a buy-in, never mind. But look at the amount of rake I paid! $15.60 - are they serious? 1 PTBB is $0.20 at this level, so they're raking at 41 PTBB/100 hands! :eek: (For those who don't know, a "Poker Tracker Big Bet" or PTBB is twice the size of the big blind. It's that way because in Limit, a Big Bet is twice the big blind.)

Seeing as a good winrate in NLHE is like 5 PTBB/100, this means it's impossible to beat these games. OK, the players here are all beginners so if you're good you could win for maybe 20 PTBB/100, but it'll still all get eaten up by the rake.

I feel sorry for the beginning players who are just starting out their bankrolls here - they're destined never to go anywhere, because it's impossible!

If anyone has comparable measurements for other sites, please post. In the meantime I suggest micro-stakes players avoid PokerRoom and skins because it's a rip-off.

B

bw07507

Legend
Total posts
Chips
Wow, thats absolutely rediculous. Heres some stats for 10max at bodog. Half the amount raked at Pokerroom and 10x the amount of hands, lol.

Attachments

• rake.JPG
    rake.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 53
Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Total posts
Chips
Here's my full tilt one, minus the screenshot:

Total hands: 2,529
Amount won: $53.00
BB/100 hands: 10.48

Total rake: $64.40

The last time I played live at the 1/2 no-limit-no-foldem-holdem table, the rake was basically $3 a hand. Once the table broke down to 5 people I left as well, it would have basically been impossible to not lose money unless you totally gambled.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Total posts
Chips
... OK so I ended up losing 2/3 of a buy-in, never mind. But look at the amount of rake I paid! $15.60 - are they serious? 1 PTBB is $0.20 at this level, so they're raking at 41 PTBB/100 hands! :eek:
To quote Tuff Fush - "Holy Mackerel!".

I remember my 1 and only time playing a head up ring game at Titan. Opponent was sat with $30 on a 0.5/1 no limit, I sat down with $40. I won a few hands early, he came back later. After 12 hands I had $38.50, he had $28. Never played again.

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow, thats absolutely rediculous. Heres some stats for 10max at Bodog. Half the amount raked at Pokerroom and 10x the amount of hands, lol.

Your PFR is really low. RAISE MORE! ;)

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Total posts
Chips
To be fair my figure is probably higher than average since I was taking down a lot more than my fair share of pots and playing 4 times as many as you would at full ring. So you might expect my rake to be maybe 5 times higher than it would be at a full ring table. Still, people play short-handed as well!