Poker Thought #1 by T4E

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am going to start this. I want to do one about every week. Jack Handy did these on Saturday Night Live in the 90's. Most of the time they were rambling jokes but I am going to start throwing out some of my thoughts. I will do a double shot for the first one.

Thought #1.

Cash game players:
Tight players tend to make money slowly by scaring off people because they only play solid hands. They get paid off or double up mostly in monster vs monster situations. They rely on position to make moves.

Loose players tend to make money in chunks because they don't get respect. The see alot of flops hoping to hit one hard or a suprising straight/flush. They will slowly bleed money off till the next feeding. They rely on other players in the pot and the flop to see how to play.

Here is a thinking one for cash game players.

Thought #2

Which is worse?
-Playing for 1 hour super tight to create a TAG image. Finally getting AA and everyone folds to your bet and you win the blinds.

-Playing wild and crazy with crap cards and showing for one hour to create a maniac image. You flop a straight with 4 others in the pot and you are first to act. You min bet and everyone folds.