Poker Books

dudey400

dudey400

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone read any really good poker books that they would like to share? I wouldn't mind reading a few. Suggestions?

T

tswracom

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Books

Holdem Poker by David Sklansky and Mason Malmuth is good reading.

[old link~tb]

Last edited by a moderator:
Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Harrington On Holdem books are essential reading if you play tourneys.

Gizzi315

Gizzi315

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check out the article section. Both F Paulson (Hold 'Em Poker for he Advanced Player) and Real Big Fish (Doyle's Super System 2) have reviews there in addition to all the great reading in the articles themselves.

This thread from a couple weeks ago had some good advice in it too.
https://www.cardschat.com/showthread.php?t=63635

I picked up a WPT companion series (Shuffle Up and Deal, and Making the Final Table) a month or so ago since I just started playing really in September. So far, there have ben some very good tips in there; perhpas I will write up a review of my own when I finish.

One of my favorites are "You don't have to be the world's greatest poker player, just a little better than most of your opponents at the table." It echos the advice of many on this site to play at a low stakes table until you consistantly win at that level. Another is "Poker is about making correct decisions." I like that because it gives me, the player, back the power..... it is not he other player's fault, the card's fault or the dealer's fault if I win or lose....... it is all up to me depending on the decisions I make.

I also have a couple others to read during downtime this next trip to Vegas and over the holidays: Get the Edge at Low Limit Texas Hold'Em; from the Kitchen to the Card Room by Bill Burton and Internet Poker by Lou Krieger and Kathleen Keller Watterson.

Hope that helps!

Gizzi :hello:

Last edited:
Poo_Poo

Poo_Poo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just started Schoonmakers "Psychologie of Poker" , a book telling yo7u wich styles there are ( aggressive , loose , passiv etc. ) wich style you play and why you play the style you play and how to play som1 that plays a certain style .

Cant say much tough i just read about 20 sites yet but it sounds pretty useful .

trentonlf

trentonlf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL i have a cabinet full of books, just depends on what game/style you are looking for. doyles super system 1 and 2 must be your starters i would say though (get ready they are big lol)

g/l

El Viajero

El Viajero

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For low limit it has to be Winning Low Limit Holdem by Lee Jones. I was recommended it by lots of players and I must say it is very comprehensive without being overly complicated. I love it and my bankroll is finally beginning to show the fruits of my labour!