Poker of 2019 vs Wrestling of the 90s

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With the last announcements in the last months, for these who were watching wrestling during WWF attitude era, do you you see similarities with the online poker world??

Summary: September 4th 1995, iT'S ON!! The WCW is going head to head against WWF (at the time) programming their weekly show the same night, same amount of time, at the same time and and also starts the most exciting era of wrestling: the monday night war. WCW ready to do everything they can to put WWF out of business, going to recrute most of WWF free agent wrestlers, sometime just to pay them to stay at home a little while to be sure they'll not sign with WWF and maybe be used later on their show. In the mean time, WWF recruted new wrestler and rebuilt their empire little by little, being last in the ratings for almost 2 years. All wrestling fans know, at the end, WCW was bought by what is now WWE, 6 years later. One of the main reason of the victory: WWF is a wrestling company doing a TV show, WCW was a television company doing a wrestling show.

Are we in an era where it's a poker company running a business vs business mans running a poker site? Which one is what? Are we in front of 2 very poker companies who will deliver a fight we'll never forget? I'm not sure putting the other one out of business is the main objective, like it was for the GM of WCW, but hitting hard is part of hit..

Now, Also, there're other big players in the game that we can't forget.. 888, ACR, Global and others.. will one or many have a major impact in all that?

Well, that was my thinking during my first coffee this morning, reading the tweets I missed!

-TRP-

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I see your point, but poker will always have many competitive sites unlike WWE (WWF back in the days).

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just hope one of these competitors will be able to compte the winner of that war or is waiting for a major mistake from one of the two big sites to enter the war and change the game totally.. a bit like ECW tried to do, but wasn't able to... :p

AEW in 13 days! :)

-TRP-