Please read this.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am from NYC and was 2 blocks from the world trade center on 9/11, so maybe you don't care about it but i do, this guy should of been banned not me, i did not do anything except call out a scumbag for what he is. Why am i even bothering obviously everyone here is a tough guy who has "thick skin".

Look - We do only want to make you see that you let him play with your mind.

I'm not talking about the incident 9/11.

Can you imagine how often I hear "heil hitler" sitting at a table ?

Do you think I get on tilt and/or start name calling ???

I even say thank you (and instareport them without further comment).

From what I know about the members you consider having a thick skin...

I know they do have it given the suckouts I inflicted on most of them :rolleyes:.

Get over it...

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look - We do only want to make you see that you let him play with your mind.

I'm not talking about the incident 9/11.

Can you imagine how often I hear "heil hitler" sitting at a table ?

Do you think I get on tilt and/or start name calling ???

I even say thank you (and instareport them without further comment).

From what I know about the members you consider having a thick skin...

I know they do have it given the suckouts I inflicted on most of them :rolleyes:.

Get over it...

Yep, you better, because Osama is a wicked playah. Bush and Nixon were OK, but Osama has brought "hiding in the weeds" to a whole new level... a real trapper :icon_joke

Hitler was a donk IMHO...

Seriously OP your overreaction was wrong (no flaming at tables), but I can also see yr point. Will PS allow avatars of Manson, Speck, McVeigh, Stalin, Hussein, Peewee Herman, Hitler and other psychos and murderers?? (probably...) BTW the peewee thing is a joke ;)
Your best reaction would have been to contact Support...

Last edited:
D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Should I waste time on this? hmm.. Yeah...Its an avatar(boo hoo)...
And PS sucks...
All sites are filled with as i like to call em "villains" get over it!
Just ignore them or feed into their crap...Its On You (JOKE)

9/11 very serious! But its a picture!

Was he saying things like....
Deathh to America?
Or lalalalalalalalala! Lmao Probably not!
IMO--Punishment Deserved

bazerk

bazerk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am from NYC and was 2 blocks from the world trade center on 9/11, so maybe you don't care about it but i do, this guy should of been banned not me, i did not do anything except call out a scumbag for what he is. Why am i even bothering obviously everyone here is a tough guy who has "thick skin".

I had friends who WERE in the WTC on that date...it's an avatar not the actual peep...block images as suggested multiple times ITT.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Consider yourself lucky that you were 2 blocks away.
I had friends who WERE in the WTC on that date...it's an avatar not the actual peep...block images as suggested multiple times ITT.
I did also, and he isn't here to laugh at this thread like I wish he was.

polingpower

polingpower

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is strange, i pull up videos today of the world trade center.
its was hard to watch them ....the jumpers

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Not at all. The "thick skin" suggestion was meant with genuine well meaning. If someone uses an avatar like that, then, yea, probably an idiot, and defo not out to win friends or spread love. But the thick skin was meant as a way of not opening yourself to tilt. You cant flame people at the tables, you just have to accept that, and it will get you reprimanded or chat banned. This guy way maybe purposely trying to have himself targeted by angry players, as angry players often make bad decisions. I now live in germany (and yea Graf, the times I have been called a nazi lmao) That is just amusing for me, being as I am from Houston, Texas.
I would find an OBL avi to be offensive as well, but block it, play your A-game, and dont play into the trap the guy is obviously setting by getting angry and playing with emotion instead of intellect.

And the "maybe you dont care about it" comment was a bit harsh, not to mention absolutely untrue, IMO.......

K

kevkojak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did anyone see that Eminem video where he raps and dances with Osama?
Sick as ****, he needs to burn in hell, I'll never buy another CD again, and I might blow up MTV for showing it and, and.....Oh, wait. It was a joke?
Crap, I must be with the millions of dumbasses with no sense of humour. Or irony....
I.E. an innocent (?) poker player inciting a hate campaign against someone with an avatar of someone who preaches hate...

woody19

woody19

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im off 2 find osama need that 50m lmao

hu cares its only an avatar

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I'm from the UK

There has been a long history of conflict between England and ireland, most notably over Northern Ireland.

The IRA was a terrorist organisation.

There were many fund raisers held in NY for the IRA particularly in the 70's-mid 90's.

Can you tell me the measures, you personally, took to prevent your fellow New Yorkers from openly fund raising for these terrorists? Or is it a case that because the conflict was more than 2 blocks from your home you didn't care?

Grow up and grow thicker skin.. everyone in the world has to, so why are you any more special than the rest of us?

chuG

chuG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I relish being exposed to things that might offend me, when im not exposed to imagery that might contravene my world view, I tend to become rather narrowminded.

Which is why I read a newspaper that is opposed to my opinion, helps spurr contemplation on why I hold my opinion in the first place.

dd_decker

dd_decker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So i was playing in a tourney tonight on pokerstars and what did i notice? A guy with a clear picture of bin laden as his avatar. So i called him some names including a scumbag coward, a mod comes into the room and heard what i said. So instead of banning the scumbag he revokes my chat and leaves. Now first of all i thought they have to pre approve pictures, also i will never put a penny into this site ever again and i hope others wont also.

I've seen an Avatar of Hitler on some site. Thes things are offensive but your reaction was wrong. Instead, you could have engaged in the chat in such a way that HE might lose his cool and be banned from chat instead of you...As far as the image goes, if you can make it invisible, all the better. If not, you could contact Stars support and tell them that the Avatar is very offensive to you. If enough people did that, they might ban it...:)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
this guy should of been banned not me, i did not do anything except call out a scumbag for what he is. ".

I think you're failing to see something.... you broke the rules.... he didn't.
Yes it's ridiculous that pokerstars has allowed the use of this avatar so why not write to them about it? Do you think saying anything to the idiot who was using it as their avatar was going to do anything?

Not sure how long you've been playing online... if you've been playing for awhile I'm sure you too have seen just about everything (everything that immature people/emotionally unbalanced/disturbed/punks, etc. will do). Blow it off. Ignoe it. I found I play much better with the chat off & if someone's avatar is bugging me I just block it.

C

CryingAmy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I think this is a matter for the FBI- what if it is actually Osama playing in a cave somewhere trying to win enough to buy a nuke?

Report it and trust you'll send me a cut of the $50m if it is him and they can trace his IP address...

Let us know how you get on anyway be intersted to hear their reply....

Right I'm off to find a 'I love Hitler/ Stalin/ Manson' avatar - anything for an edge lol...

Thinking about it I must find a BP avatar in case I find a table full of tree huggers..

B

BigBelle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder if Pokerstars would allow an avatar that shows Mohammed in a bear costume? Or is it OK to offend Americans and not Muslims?

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am an American, and tbh an avatar of OBL does not offend me.
The acts that took place on 9/11 repulse me, but they are 2 different issues.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wonder if Pokerstars would allow an avatar that shows Mohammed in a bear costume? Or is it OK to offend Americans and not Muslims?

But wasnt it really Santa in the bear costume?? (Oh, but since people sometimes question belief in Santa, that could lead to questioning the belief of ANYONE who could be in that bear costume....uh oh, Id better get outa here quick....)

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
BigBelle said:
It can also be put another way, ask yourself is it ok to offend American Muslims.
FFS it was only an avatar, get over it.

2-7MakesMeRaise

2-7MakesMeRaise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that is just totally disrespectful to any who has lost loved ones in in terrorist attacks. How could they approve that.
I think you have a realy good point.
True it is only an avatar but would you be saying that if you lost YOUR nearest and dearest !

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Big Deal, so what if he has a pic of Osama, the Moderators did the right thing in giving you a chat ban, it's only an avatar ffs.
So you say you won't be putting a penny in there, you think thats gonna bother them.

Give me a break.

He did say it was Poker Stars in his OP.
( I withdraw this comment if he went back and edited it in after)
Yeh, he did, the pic was probably there to tilt people lol, like this

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Late to this train wreck, but I just want to say please don't bring the free speech argument into this. Free speech and the 1st Amendment only applies to restrictions of speech by the government towards its citizens. It has absolutely zero to do with people being held accountable for their speech in the private sector. I just don't understand why so many people don't get that...

Not to mention Stars isn't a US company and not subject to the US Constitution anyway.

Oh yeah: agree on the grow a thicker skin comment