Places for Practicing "for free"?

L

LosJay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey there,
I used to play on pokerstars, but I don't want to put money in, because I need to confirm my identity card for deposits (with Paysafecard). Do you have any tips for me, where to practice? because I realized, that people don't play that serious, using play money. Hope you understand my question.

Cheers

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You are likely going to have to confirm your identity one way or another at any site, particularly if you want to deposit and withdraw funds. If you don't want to do play money, I'm curious as to what you envision as practicing "for free"? freerolls? Those tend to also be filled with inexperienced or "for fun" players that aren't taking the game seriously.

L

LosJay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are likely going to have to confirm your identity one way or another at any site, particularly if you want to deposit and withdraw funds. If you don't want to do play money, I'm curious as to what you envision as practicing "for free"? Freerolls? Those tend to also be filled with inexperienced or "for fun" players that aren't taking the game seriously.

That makes sense. Maybe I really have to get experiences with real money. My problem is, I can't handle my bankroll with low budget. But that is a lack of knowledge, that I need to learn in future. Thank you

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That makes sense. Maybe I really have to get experiences with real money. My problem is, I can't handle my bankroll with low budget. But that is a lack of knowledge, that I need to learn in future. Thank you
It might be a good idea to stick with play money for now. Read up on bankroll management in poker, study some strategy, things like that. You might check out our poker course too, just to give you a little more of a solid foundation. You can find that under poker strategy & Rules on the top blue bar above.

daddybrooks

daddybrooks

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to stick to totally free practice, I also recommend sticking with play money. If you're not in the US and can play Pokerstars freerolls, all the better. Play your game and if you're practicing good play, you'll do ok. Sure, plenty of donkeys in freerolls, but play well and you'll get inside that bubble more often regardless.

One other note, since you play on PS already, join a home game club. Since they do scoring, it's a LOT more competitive and much less donk play as they're trying for points even though it's just play money. That's my real recommendation for free (good players, good play) practice.
WPT playchips used to be pretty active ID: 609404, but you may have to look around as I haven't played PS for awhile.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey there,
I used to play on Pokerstars, but I don't want to put money in, because I need to confirm my identity card for deposits (with Paysafecard). Do you have any tips for me, where to practice? because I realized, that people don't play that serious, using play money. Hope you understand my question.

Cheers
welcome to CC :)
the bottom line is get your butt in gear and work your way to platinum member, join the freeroll club and play as often as you are able. you have to beat us before you can beat real money games. yes, there are many inexperienced players and many with the play money mentality but there are also a great many very skilled players.
it won't cost you a penny :D

this is your path if you are serious about bringing your game to the next level.
also follow some of the suggestions in this thread. good luck.

games you could be learning from and info on moving up :
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/car...chat-freerolls-tournament-access-info-452874/

Last edited:
slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
888 has good freerolls for free. but also a nice welcome offer with 8$ free and up to 88$ when deposting, stars also has some freerolls, i would recommend to become a club member here so you can enjoy the cardschat freerolls on stars,888poker,unibet,partypoker etc

Its free with less players and a good free pot to win, and learn!

Hope this helped you

L

LosJay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to stick to totally free practice, I also recommend sticking with play money. If you're not in the US and can play Pokerstars freerolls, all the better. Play your game and if you're practicing good play, you'll do ok. Sure, plenty of donkeys in freerolls, but play well and you'll get inside that bubble more often regardless.

One other note, since you play on PS already, join a home game club. Since they do scoring, it's a LOT more competitive and much less donk play as they're trying for points even though it's just play money. That's my real recommendation for free (good players, good play) practice.
WPT playchips used to be pretty active ID: 609404, but you may have to look around as I haven't played PS for awhile.

welcome to CC :)
the bottom line is get your butt in gear and work your way to platinum member, join the freeroll club and play as often as you are able. you have to beat us before you can beat real money games. yes, there are many inexperienced players and many with the play money mentality but there are also a great many very skilled players.
it won't cost you a penny :D

this is your path if you are serious about bringing your game to the next level.
also follow some of the suggestions in this thread. good luck.

games you could be learning from and info on moving up :
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/car...chat-freerolls-tournament-access-info-452874/

888 has good freerolls for free. but also a nice welcome offer with 8$ free and up to 88$ when deposting, stars also has some freerolls, i would recommend to become a club member here so you can enjoy the cardschat freerolls on stars,888poker,unibet,partypoker etc

Its free with less players and a good free pot to win, and learn!

Hope this helped you

Thank you all! I'm gonna try your tips. But Before I join your Tournaments regularly, I have to wait 30 days but I'm excited to play with you.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you all! I'm gonna try your tips. But Before I join your Tournaments regularly, I have to wait 30 days but I'm excited to play with you.
perfect ;) VVVVVVV excited to have you join us :)
Read up on bankroll management in poker, study some strategy, things like that. You might check out our 30 day poker course too,

E

emzadii

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
CardsChat freerolls are a good place to start, some of them actually have sane players, with decent structures, and you get to practice tournament strategies to win real money to practice cash games. I'm not sure if 888, GG, Betonline and intertops require proof of ID when you deposit, but you will definitely need to show one if you plan to withdraw.

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't think it's necessary to invest your own money. Freerolls are a great option for a beginner, to improve their skills and build a bankroll from scratch.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars offer SnGs for less than a dollar, and even these games tend to play in a more serious way than play money games or freerolls. If you have a problem managing your poker budget, you can set deposit limits, which will prevent you from depositing more, than you can afford. This could be as low as 10$ per month, if you are really broke, and then maybe start playing the 45-90 man 0,25$ SnGs.

Another option is to get active enough here in CC forum to achieve access to the platinum freerolls. These tend to play in a somewhat more serious way than freerolls, which everyone can enter, so they can also be good practice for real money tournaments. And you can even use them to build a small bankroll, if you play them frequently.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
CardsChat freerolls are a good place to start, some of them actually have sane players, with decent structures

10 min blinds and decent structures - there's clearly something wrong :rolleyes:

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to play on 888poker they have a lot of freerolls also a nice first deposit bonus when you feel like doing so!

Unibet has some small freerolls try to use those

also cc has freerolls on lots of sites, find the one with the most cc freerolls try to get in the club and enjoy them freerolls pretty good freerolls best ones around!

Good luck in your grind!

E

emzadii

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
10 min blinds and decent structures - there's clearly something wrong :rolleyes:

Please do let us know if there are any freerolls with >10min blinds, ~100bb starting stack on ACR, GG, 888, BOL & Intertops. I'll wait.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Please do let us know if there are any freerolls with >10min blinds, ~100bb starting stack on ACR, GG, 888, BOL & Intertops. I'll wait.

The CC freerolls on ACR and 888. Dont know about the other sites.

sarjdgo

sarjdgo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you can create an account at Natural8, there are freerolls hourly, the game level isnt very high, you mostly play vs asian players, but, there are almost no donk players.

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a saying: Only cheese in a mousetrap is free))). If you want to play, invest time, knowledge, money !!!

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
To be honest I don't understand your question :D
You want to play some serious poker against people who play for free and for fun , this not gonna happen. Ever!

I think there are some programs out there , most of them paid , where you can practice your play in HU situations. I don't think those programs are necessarily GTO solvers but is the only option it crossed my mind based on your criteria. Unfortunately I haven't used any of them so I can't suggest you one.

If I am allowed to write my opinion , start with what @fundiver199 wrote as a solution. You will improve your game because those games have many post flop spots , many ICM spots and you will be against every type of opponent. Make a deposit and play them.

Good Luck :)