PLACED SECOND IN LIVE TOURNEY

XPOKERCHIC

XPOKERCHIC

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Finished second in last nights live tourney at a bar I frequently play, with 40 entrants and gained 9 points. Points have started over for the next quarterly tourney. Sunday I finished 4th for 7 pts. I played a solid game and was still short stacked when I made it to the final table. Down to four players and only three place pay. This hand got me to the money. The player to my right and left where the chip leaders with about equal amount of chips. I have about 15k. (40 X 3.000=CHIPS IN PLAY). The player to my left is loose-aggressive lucky dude that will play every hand and call any raise or all-in. Player on my left is super lucky and will limp with big hands like
card_As.gif
card_Ah.gif
card_Kc.gif
card_Kh.gif
, hoping someone will raise. He never hardly raises with big hands hoping to trap. Well to make a long story short, Down to four players. The fourth player at the table is very similar to the player to my left and he is in the small blind. (BLIND DEFENDER). I fold
card_Ks.gif
card_2s.gif
(ALMOST PUSHED ALL-IN SHORT STACKED). The dealer limps in SB calls and BB checks. The flop
card_3s.gif
card_5s.gif
card_Th.gif
, SB bets, BB raises, dealer reraises, SB goes all-in, BB calls with chips left, dealer goes all-in over the top of both players. BB does not hesitate to call and the dealer has 1K left. Very big pot and I have a folded flush draw. All I can think is trips?, maybe two pair? Well the dealer has two pair 3/5 offsuit, SB has 10/2 offsuit and BB has 10/4 offsuit. At this point I stand up and root for the two pair, which at the least will give me second place. Well the last two cards are irrelevent cause no spade came and the two pair held up. I took second place after about 15 minutes of heads-up play.

Organize a Home Poker Game