PKR Poker

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I saw this topic it reminds me of the old good days of poker :)
I used to played on PKR before black friday and it was fun because it was more realistic, I didn't played more there because their software was too slow. Good to know that they are coming back, more options is always good.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used the play there for a laugh. Never seriously. Micro stakes cash only.

Never heard of the company that is supposedly relaunching, so unless there are free games there I wouldn't be putting any money into it.

PKR went downhill as soon as they joined Microgaming.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never forgave them for what they did after they migrated to MPN. I lost my alias. All my buddies. Lost my poker man that I created when they first launched. Could never design a new man the same. All the promotions disappeared and the games were shared with the ordinary MPN skins, so all the gestures and animations were probably only being seen by you.

Then of course they went under, taking player funds with them. I had about 70 bucks in my account and thought it was gone for good, until pokerstars offered to take on any players and return the balances, which was unexpected and very welcome.

Some of the people who I've seen online claiming the software is about to relaunch have turned out to be not particularly nice people. I've been in a few tournaments with some of them and they like to insult anyone who beats them and I've seen some real arguments on facebook with a few of them.

I like the software but like everything else I will be very careful before I sign up to anything that seems dodgy.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sounds interesting. When I'm running I'll have a look.
Maybe CardsChat puts a freeroll for us there?
Full of fish? !!! How wonderful! I'll get my reel
.​

posztulatum

posztulatum

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I loved the PKR software!

I also played on pkr site often for 3-4 yrs. I was sad and I sad now too. Because of the money hungry bad men killed this website. I read the 30th comment here (aug 7th 2020, 1:58am) and if these people who bought the software (etc.) will not change their mental condition and they will again insult the users who is better then this business will not work long term. I really would get back my nice memories when I try the new pkr site (only online version!) but yes, if the owners will not correct men then we need to forget the pkr software for forever.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
PKR will live forever in my mind as one of the best poker rooms

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've played but was never that fond of it. Didn't I read that somebody (Pokerstars maybe?) was bringing in 3D headsets?

R

romamirr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A long time ago I had to play this poker room. Memories are pleasant. At that time, I could not even imagine that there is such a poker room where everything is so real. True, the buy-ins for the tournaments were high with my then bankroll at that time, but I still played, though not by bankroll. There were some pretty good freerolls too ..:icon_prof

boyward

boyward

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I enjoyed playing PKR along with my brother. Enjoyed the location, banter... 'bring it, bring it on'. I would play again if it returned... However on previous maybe not such a wise idea?

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
didn't they plan to come back? i remember some time ago i saw something here about that. anyone has some news?

Blackchipp

Blackchipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OMG

i just love this site, I had nice customs, jewels, smokey, a very nice wardrobe.
your avatar talkin in the table...
poh poh poh (chicken)
hahaha
good times...
:(
i hope the site return...