Pitbull Poker employees arrested (important read)

U

UncleBooger

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing in this guy’s post passes the “sniff test” for me. Let’s see if I got this right:

An entire team of North American gaming lawyers has been hired to put together a 124-page study detailing Pitbull Poker’s alleged cheating … a document so compelling that Costa Rican authorities flew the entire group to CR for 3 weeks of cooperative investigation?

I call bull shit.

There are no “authorities” in CR that govern online gaming-related businesses. There are no government officials or law enforcement dedicated to policing the online gambling sector. In fact, unless a crime has been committed against a citizen of Costa Rica, the Tico “authorities” seldom get involved.

Perhaps OP could help put my doubts to rest.

What authorities did you spend 3 weeks working with? Specifically the name of the agency or agencies involved? This information would neither endanger your “investigation” nor anyone’s safety, so you can tell us.

BTW, I lived in CR for 3 years and worked with many folks in the gaming industry. I still have tons of friends down there with whom I speak almost daily.

Z

zingbust

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are no “authorities” in CR that govern online gaming-related businesses. There are no government officials or law enforcement dedicated to policing the online gambling sector. In fact, unless a crime has been committed against a citizen of Costa Rica, the Tico “authorities” seldom get involved.
I'm sure they couldn't care less about the issues the players may have with PB, but I heard that the CR authorities are very protective of employees of companies. Maybe they're involved to the extent that employees are owed large sums of money by Kevin and co.

U

UncleBooger

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure they couldn't care less about the issues the players may have with PB, but I heard that the CR authorities are very protective of employees of companies. Maybe they're involved to the extent that employees are owed large sums of money by Kevin and co.

zing ... there's no doubt that Ticos look out for their own. And, most certainly any involvement by CR "authorities" would be based solely on protecting employees and vendors who may be owed money.

I simply don't see how a team of Canadian/North American lawyers and three non-Tico players who assembled more than a hundred pages of "evidence" against Pitbull would be called down to CR for 3 weeks to assist in any related investigations, sent back to canada by the CR authorities for their own safety, and are awaiting recall to the country to testify at a later date.

Actually, the reason I don't see how this would have happened is because it did not happen. This is nothing more than a fictional story, invented by some MacGyver-wannabe-attention-whore. A story that is simultaneously funny and sad.

Of course, this is just my opinion. I could be wrong. ;)

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go see Micheal Moore's new film "Capitalism, a Love Story". You won't feel so bad about all the poker site scandals. Your banker and stockbroker are worse, and they operate under the law.

agreed

ean

ean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing in this guy’s post passes the “sniff test” for me. Let’s see if I got this right:

An entire team of North American gaming lawyers has been hired to put together a 124-page study detailing Pitbull Poker’s alleged cheating … a document so compelling that Costa Rican authorities flew the entire group to CR for 3 weeks of cooperative investigation?

I call bull shit.

What authorities did you spend 3 weeks working with? Specifically the name of the agency or agencies involved? This information would neither endanger your “investigation” nor anyone’s safety, so you can tell us.

BTW, I lived in CR for 3 years and worked with many folks in the gaming industry. I still have tons of friends down there with whom I speak almost daily.

Boog, you could be right also. But there WAS involvement by CR employees that was part of this and maybe that's all that triggered the police taking them in for questioning. No one is still "held", at least that's per MY source on the ground, but maybe you could use your better contacts to verify that?

But, given your post, Boog, I would conjecture that now Kevin and Jordan are at least going to have to pay the CR employees. The test of the OP's story will be if, after they pay their debts to CR employees, do they just get let off.

But it *could* well be that the CR officials needed the evidence of gaming imporoprieties in order to cement their case for crimes against the CR employees, and might have worked with them on that basis. No?

Lazmansa

Lazmansa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All i know from reading this post is that there needs to be an association for poker sights,this association must do a full du dill agents and put some guid lines in place of how withdraws should be handled amongst a lot of other things.

If the poker sit blockes your account then this association should be able to investigate it on behalf of u as a mediator.

Us as players could join this association and only play on sights that are endorsed buy it.Thiis woul give us a peace or mind that our interest are being looked after and the poker sights will also have some saught of credability belonging to the association.If they break the rules then they must be kiked off this associatin,and like wise for poker cheats.they must get black listed.

Lazmansa:deal:

luckytvguy

luckytvguy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So,I think the way for furture of online poker is :1.make online poker totally legal.2.make online poker under the true supervision.

serendipity

serendipity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I call bull shit.

Exactly right! This guy is Skunked from the original 2+2 thread. He was banned over there (or run out on a rail) for continually posting this crap, trying to insinuate that he was an integral part of the scandal's uncovering.

So Skunked, Revelations123, or whatever else you are calling yourself on your mad quest for recognition, please put up or shut up. You've been called out on yet another poker forum.

Please provide some details of your study and team of gaming lawyers who were flown down to Costa Rica and then had to flee the country for safety's sake!

moeraj

moeraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lazmansa I think this association you are talking about sounds like ecogra. Google it and read

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Exactly right! This guy is Skunked from the original 2+2 thread. He was banned over there (or run out on a rail) for continually posting this crap, trying to insinuate that he was an integral part of the scandal's uncovering.

So Skunked, Revelations123, or whatever else you are calling yourself on your mad quest for recognition, please put up or shut up. You've been called out on yet another poker forum.

Please provide some details of your study and team of gaming lawyers who were flown down to Costa Rica and then had to flee the country for safety's sake!

If this whole thing unravels as some kind of libel / defarmation Revelation123 may have got himself into serious problems - depending from where he is.

R

revelations123

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks to chester on 2+2 he has helped greatly in getting pitbull poker shut down. My comment was more or less in regards of the risks of him doing so. Thankfully it worked out alright and they didn't take his accusations too seriously until we revealed the actual proof.

As for the rest of the accusations being made, nothing will be discussed until being able to do so.

Last edited:
fingers182005

fingers182005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nice to finally figuere out why when i log into pitbull poker it never has any games goin anymore lol thanks for never depositing to get money earned there in freerolls

fingers182005

fingers182005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is there a place to read more about the sites that r being investigated