Personal information at now defunct sites

SANDYHOOKER KY

SANDYHOOKER KY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has anyone gave any thought as to what happens to the personal information that you send a site? They usually want a copy of your I.D, pass port, utility bill etc. What happens when an already questionable site folds? Does the site [or what is left of the site] erase all records of your info? Does the agencies affiliated with the site do the same? Can shady characters that work at these sites gain access to your info? Ask yourself if you can honestly trust the site your sending your personal information to. Personal information is big money nowadays, and people with access to thousands of other people's info can go rogue at any time. I sent my personal info to one site, poker stars, and that will be the only site i will send it to, until the U/S gets state wide legislation in place. Makes me wonder, the real reason there have been so many "fly by night" sites in the last year or two. LOL, could they have been "info" mining?:creep:

guppystew

guppystew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you make some very valid points, and we know the ones that are gone were very honest sites.